Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Kid is a stone cold killer and in three years when he's running it up on the Cowboys and Eagles, we're gonna look back and laugh at why this was even a discussion. 

Would you PLEASE stop tempting fate.  

If this turns out badly it’s entirely your fault and I’m going to find you and give you the comfy chair torture treatment AND pour lemon juice on a paper cut. 

Stop it with the over confidence.  The idiotic Bills Mafia have been over confident for decades and fate keeps kicking them in the gonads. 

Everyting sucks.  Whatever QB we pick is doomed for failure.  We are cursed. 

(crosses self and says prayers to every known deity) 

• Like 1

I trust the front office to draft the qb they feel is best for them. I just hope they feel that qb is Maye or Daniels at #2. I just feel chances for hitting at qb are better in that first tier.  No guarantees but it’s the least risky option.  If it turns out the qb is a bust, we’ll just have to try again.

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

Fortunately forgettable, as I find most Dalton Bond movies. Only Lazenby was less impressive.

I somehow saw it when it came out.  I was 13, it came out in 1989. It left an impression, and not a good one. I remember the drug lord catching his girl friend having an affair, flogging her, tells his goons to give his girlfriend her lovers heart (so they cut out his heart), and I think James Bond parachutes into a wedding. 

If I’d seen it 10 years later, probably forgettable.  As a 13 year old, parts of it are ingrained on my memory.  Sadly. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mh86 said:

I hope he does the thing that they did in San Fran where they let everyone pound the table for their guy on the last day. Collaboration, imo, is better than one person thinking they know best. That’s how you end with Dan Snyder’s and Bruce Allen’s of the world.

Collaboration is in my post.  It's not hidden (i.e., Yes, take in whatever info is giving to you).  He makes the call on his own when it's time.  Otherwise, divey the money around to those who are selecting the players.  Make sense when you re-read it?  :)  

2 hours ago, NOLA2DC said:

UNC is defintely a better public university than LSU, but I just wanted to mention Jayden finished early.

Good interview, bright talented young man and night and day difference between him and Caleb Williams, especially from a mental standpoint.  He's my #2 after Maye. Let me add the Raider's HC Pierce is going to try and persuade GM Telesco to trade up and give up the world for Daniels.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Thumb up 2

34 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I would just like to point out that was a TURRIBLE bond movie.  Just awful.

Wait, Jumbo said "License to Kill"? ****. I thought he said "Licensed to Ill". I've been lip synching No Sleep Till Brooklyn for the last 3 hours. Don't I feel stupid now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Would you PLEASE stop tempting fate.  

If this turns out badly it’s entirely your fault and I’m going to find you and give you the comfy chair torture treatment AND pour lemon juice on a paper cut. 

Stop it with the over confidence.  The idiotic Bills Mafia have been over confident for decades and fate keeps kicking them in the gonads. 

Everyting sucks.  Whatever QB we pick is doomed for failure.  We are cursed. 

(crosses self and says prayers to every known deity) 

You can’t be the Voice of Reason and be superstitious like this FYI

• Haha 4

It would not be surprising if Maye and Daniels opt out as well. But my God would it would be a baller move for one of them to just go ahead and do it and look like fire!

Hope all 3 at least weigh in and get measured.

Edited by Rolo Tomasie
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

It would not be surprising if Maye and Daniels opt out as well. But my God would it would be a baller move for one of them to just go ahead and do it and look like fire!

Got to give you a :ols: to for the last sentence!  

7 minutes ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

I don't know this for sure, but I don't think the weigh in and stuff is optional.

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I don't know this for sure, but I don't think the weigh in and stuff is optional.

They have to do that. They also have to sit for team interviews. Think it’s a round robin process where steam onky gets 15 minutes with pick.

The top picks will wait until their pro day to showcase their skills.

i kinda wish throwing at the combine for QBs was mandatory. Pro days are so scripted. They're with familiar targets and crafted to make the QB look at good as possible. Throwing at the combine shows more IMO since you don't really have any of that so the QBs have to rely on their ability and can't control every aspect of the environment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

hmmmmmmmm don't like that.  If one of the knocks on you is you lack velocity, you could help yourself here.

I guess pro day is still fine but there's a certain confidence in showing up at the combine vs at a pro day.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Jayden should be off the board now. That’s a coward move. Caleb and Maye don’t need to throw but he does to move up into that tier. 

I wouldn't go THAT far, but it's an eyebrow raising move.

Of course, we should be demanding private workouts with every person in the draft who can throw a football farther than 15 yards, so that would be the best time to see what Daniels has or doesn't have.

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

Of course, we should be demanding private workouts with every person in the draft who can throw a football farther than 15 yards, so that would be the best time to see what Daniels has or doesn't have.

You have 4 years of play as not a first round pick level plus a 1 year wonder year with elite WR and massive hits on a Emanualle Forbes frame. If he doesn’t have the guts to throw in a non perfect situation then he doesn’t need to be drafted at 2. Simple as that for me. I want the underdog qb shooting up the chart to have a pair to even be considered at 2. Others will obviously disagree but that’s where I’m at. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Yeah, I think between game film, pro days and private workouts, teams will know what they need to (physical skills wise) in order to buy whichever lottery ticket they want from the top prospect pool. 

Seems like interviews (even if they're just 20-minute sessions started and ended via bullhorn) are the most important thing at this stage for teams. Get the kids into a room, get that first 1/1 impression. Saw where some teams actually have psychologists handle the combine interview while coaches/etc just watch. Weird.

My guess is, agents (or in Caleb's case, Caleb's mirror) are advising them to skip combine workouts because of risk (injury? bad day?) / reward (move up maybe one spot?), not worth it for few virtually locked into top 3 spots with existing info. 

Edited by Dah-Dee

9 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Yeah, I think between game film, pro days and private workouts, teams will know what they need to in order to buy whichever lottery ticket they want from the top prospect pool. 

My guess is, agents (or in Caleb's case, Caleb's mirror) are advising them to skip combine workouts because of risk (injury? bad day?) / reward (move up maybe one spot?), not worth it for few virtually locked into top 3 spots with existing info.

I've been saying for a while that the top 3 probably won't be doing anything at the combine but getting measured and doing interviews. This has been a growing trend for a while now. Bryce Young, Trevor Lawrence, Joe Burrow, Tua all those guys did nothing at the combine. I think agents are basically deciding that if they feel confident their client is going in the top 5, its not worth it. 

They can just do everything at the pro day. 

I am curious how the LSU Pro Day will go with Daniels, Thomas Jr and Nabers. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 5

Something I want clarification on is whether these guys are still going to run the 40 at the Combine. It says they definitely aren’t throwing, but that Daniels tweet makes it seem like he’s only going to be measuring, interviewing, meeting and then bouncing. 

That’s disappointing if true. I don’t want to see anyone using Pro Day 40 times. 

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Something I want clarification on is whether these guys are still going to run the 40 at the Combine. It says they definitely aren’t throwing, but that Daniels tweet makes it seem like he’s only going to be measuring, interviewing, meeting and then bouncing. 

That’s disappointing if true. I don’t want to see anyone using Pro Day 40 times. 

They won’t do any athletic participation of any kind. 

It definitely makes sense to not risk it, but yeah gives off bad vibes.  But can't fault them from the business perspective.

Like Caleb's locked into 1, so if you're Daniels, there's like a 95% chance you're going 2 or 3.  But if something happens at the combine, the odds of you slipping go up way more than if you just don't participate in parts of it.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I doubt he runs either. QBs projected to go in the top 5 stopped running at the combine a while ago  (Richardson doesn't count, he wasn't projected to go that high until after the combine)