Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

28 minutes ago, Tress Is The Way said:

In my opinion is not how far you can throw a football, it how fast and accurate said football gets there. Howell was clocked at almost 60mph during the combine, that is blazing fast (Mahomes for example was clocked at 62mph).

Rare company indeed, very very few have been clocked at 60mph or better. Josh Allen, Mahomes, Mayfield, and Logan Thomas. The attached article shows a lot of "strong arms" that throw significantly slower (chart at bottom.) l don't think Howell will let anyone down in that category

https://www.pass2win.com/ball-velocity-exposing-the-power-qb.html

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

On 6/12/2023 at 11:30 AM, samy316 said:

Howell has an arm like Carson Wentz…

He still has the same mediocre to bad O-Line that both his predecessors had to deal with last year…

I sure hope his arm is nothing like Carson’s. That guy can throw far, but thats about it. Zero touch and zero anticipation. 

also, this isnt the same oline as last year. 67% of the line will either be a new player or a new position. Id say its revamped…. Not saying its good, yet. But im cautiously optimistic due to the system w EB. 

2 hours ago, illone said:

I sure hope his arm is nothing like Carson’s. That guy can throw far, but thats about it. Zero touch and zero anticipation. 

also, this isnt the same oline as last year. 67% of the line will either be a new player or a new position. Id say its revamped…. Not saying its good, yet. But im cautiously optimistic due to the system w EB. 

I don't know why anyone would be optimistic about this line.  It's literally a house of cards, that's a strong gust of wind away from nuking our season.  Rivera's incompetence has lead to the deterioration of the O-Line.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, samy316 said:

I don't know why anyone would be optimistic about this line.  

Because around here in June, don’t you worry a bit bc EB is just going to scheme the OL out of existence because he’s got a scheme like nobody ever schemed before although no one’s has ever actually seen this scheme, don’t ya know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Because around here in June, don’t you worry a bit bc EB is just going to scheme the OL out of existence because he’s got a scheme like nobody ever schemed before although no one’s has ever actually seen this scheme, don’t ya know.

This team sucks.

Rivera is a worthless pile of cow dung that shouldn't be running a hot dog Stand.

Eb is useless, there's a reason why he couldn't get a head coaching job.

This defense is overated the offensive line is so bad the d line from the little sisters of faith auxiliary football club could get ten sacks.

Not sure it's even worth going on anymore.

Is that better?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

Funny. But EB will have an offense scheme that the other teams will not have seen before. That should give us an edge for the first 5 or 6 games. :)

4 hours ago, zCommander said:

Funny. But EB will have an offense scheme that the other teams will not have seen before. That should give us an edge for the first 5 or 6 games. :)

Combine that with elite running and receiving threats everywhere. Can Howell achieve competence immediately is the key. 

This idea he’s going to throw multiple interceptions and must learn is fantasyland, he must yield positive returns right away. Don’t need him to be great, but jump in pool of average with QBs 11-30.

Edited by wit33
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, zCommander said:

I bet Andy Reid was totally holding EB back.

5 hours ago, wit33 said:

elite running and receiving threats everywhere.

What team are you talking about? How many combined probowls do our WR/RB have? Any all pros?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I bet Andy Reid was totally holding EB back.

After the game, Chiefs head coach Andy Reid went out of his way to praise Bieniemy. “Eric Bieniemy was tremendous down the stretch there, putting things together,” Reid told Fox’s Terry Bradshaw during the Lombardi Trophy presentation. He told another interviewer that Bieniemy was “phenomenal.” Kansas City’s clever play designs and adjustments helped the team overcome a 10-point deficit.

But once again, Bieniemy was passed over for a head-coaching job. He had interviewed for the Indianapolis Colts’ position, but on Tuesday, the team announced that it was hiring the offensive coordinator from the losing Super Bowl team, Eagles offensive coordinator Shane Steichen.

“Eric Bieniemy has done everything he is supposed to do” to secure a head-coaching job, says Louis Moore, professor of history at Grand Valley State University who specializes in African-American and sports history. “He’s worked his way up, and he’s won. If he was white, he would have a job. There’s no question about that.”

https://time.com/6255798/eric-bieniemy-nfl-black-coaches/

50 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

What team are you talking about? How many combined probowls do our WR/RB have? Any all pros?

What QB did we have that would have put any of our players in the probowl?

Edited by zCommander
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

That Terry McLaurin made the Pro Bowl last season with Wentz, Heinicke and one game of rookie Howell throwing to him is an amazing feat. Dotson has huge potential and along with Samuels we have one of the better starting 3 in the NFL. Huge amount of receiving talent and if Thomas is back close to his best at TE Howell has excellent weapons in the passing game.

I’m kind of with you on running back though. I’m not as high on Robinson as many seem to be, I’d say he is solid but not a top tier back. The caveat is that he was coming back from being shot in the leg! Hope is he was not 100% last season and there is more to come. The other hope is that we actually use Gibson properly and stop trying to turn him into a power back running inside zone.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

That Terry McLaurin made the Pro Bowl last season with Wentz, Heinicke and one game of rookie Howell throwing to him is an amazing feat. Dotson has huge potential and along with Samuels we have one of the better starting 3 in the NFL. Huge amount of receiving talent and if Thomas is back close to his best at TE Howell has excellent weapons in the passing game.

I’m kind of with you on running back though. I’m not as high on Robinson as many seem to be, I’d say he is solid but not a top tier back. The caveat is that he was coming back from being shot in the leg! Hope is he was not 100% last season and there is more to come. The other hope is that we actually use Gibson properly and stop trying to turn him into a power back running inside zone.

I'm not knocking any of those guys. We might have the best top 4 WRs in the league(might also have the 3rd best in the East), but wit said "elite". Terry has 1 probowl, not an all pro. He could be and I know potential is where we perennially hang our hat, but no, we don't have any elite players on this team.

Sky is the limit, but not elite. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

we don't have any elite players on this team.

Sky is the limit, but not elite. 

I would guess that depends how you define elite. I would argue Allen and Payne are among the top 10 DTs in the league. Terry is a top 10 receiver.

I would call them elite. 

But I understand what you are saying and broadly agree.

12 minutes ago, dyst said:

More so than Baker Mayfield, I hope I see a little Russell Wilson in Howell.

Let’s be clear you mean Russell Wilson from about five or six years ago, not what we saw last season!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, zCommander said:

What QB did we have that would have put any of our players in the probowl?

Agreed.

Terry and Jahan looked damn good even with Heinicke shot-putting low-speed drunken ducklings into their general vicinity all season.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

They lack accolades, no doubt. 

You know the skill guys, so no need to go on about why. You don’t think they’re elite. Cool. 

What I’ve seen on the field from each individually within their roles adds up to an elite ceiling for the group. It goes beyond them as Individuals and at this point has more to do with playing in a great scheme and have a competent QB to achieve status and receive notoriety you speak of. 

Zero doubt in Samuels, Dotson, Mcclaurin, Thomas, Gibson, and Robinson being able to dominate in their individual roles. Seen them all do it. Coordinator and QB must create pathways for them to express their talents on the field. It’s all there for it to happen. 

Elite OC Coordinator/coach is sneaking up on challenging the value of QBs 11 to 25. Give me an elite coordinator over the middle class QB.  In EB I trust, he’s got the juice. Elite here we come! 

30 minutes ago, wit33 said:

They lack accolades, no doubt. 

You know the skill guys, so no need to go on about why. You don’t think they’re elite. Cool. 

What I’ve seen on the field from each individually within their roles adds up to an elite ceiling for the group. It goes beyond them as Individuals and at this point has more to do with playing in a great scheme and have a competent QB to achieve status and receive notoriety you speak of. 

Zero doubt in Samuels, Dotson, Mcclaurin, Thomas, Gibson, and Robinson being able to dominate in their individual roles. Seen them all do it. Coordinator and QB must create pathways for them to express their talents on the field. It’s all there for it to happen. 

Elite OC Coordinator/coach is sneaking up on challenging the value of QBs 11 to 25. Give me an elite coordinator over the middle class QB.  In EB I trust, he’s got the juice. Elite here we come! 

Okay, so your definition of elite is somewhere between unknown to potential to average to good. Somewhere in there. Basically, every starter in the NFL is elite.

I would agree. If you make the NFL, you are elite at football. 

Elite to me means the best. So, is Terry better than every WR in the East? 

and it's not accolades, it's achievements. You saying that Terry is better than Jefferson? 

Funny, I took a hit a while back, because my comparision for Terry is Tim Brown. I think Brown was every bit as good as Rice, but because his career QB situation was so bad, while Rice played on elite teams, with 2.5 HoF QBs, he had an easier path.

I'll assume that you think Tim brown was as good or better than Jerry Rice than.

On 6/17/2023 at 10:06 AM, redskinss said:

This team sucks.:  Maybe, maybe not

Rivera is a worthless: no  pile of cow dung:  I didn’t mention any type of excrement. that shouldn't be running a hot dog Stand.:  has he (or you) ever tried running a hot dog stand?

Eb is useless, there's a reason why he couldn't get a head coaching job. That’s been debated here, no?

This defense is overated:  what does the defense have to do with a critique of the OL?  offensive line is so bad the d line from the little sisters of faith auxiliary football club could get ten sacks.:  I’m sure this could be debated here 

Not sure it's even worth going on anymore.:  completely up to you

Is that better?

not too shabby so I took the time add notes to your screed.

Edited by stoshuaj

6 hours ago, zCommander said:

Games of course. Unless you think the other teams that we play this year will have him figured after one game.

Couldn't they just gameplan for Kansas city's offense?

Obviously we have different players and arent going to execute it nearly as well and I'm sure Bienemy is going to add a couple wrinkles here and there especially once the team gets comfortable with the offense but all the reports are that Howell is watching film of Patrick mahomes to learn the offense. 

I'd imagine scheme wise teams could use that to plan for us.

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Couldn't they just gameplan for Kansas city's offense?

Obviously we have different players and aren't going to execute it nearly as well and I'm sure Bienemy is going to add a couple wrinkles here and there especially once the team gets comfortable with the offense but all the reports are that Howell is watching film of Patrick mahomes to learn the offense. 

I'd imagine scheme wise teams could use that to plan for us.

Not having he same exact scheme as the Chief will be the wrinkle of course and they haven't seen Howell play so that is double trouble so to speak for them. :D