Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I really hope, if he is drafted, some of you find a way to un-gaslight yourselves. 

Of course people who think he's not a good prospect couldn't possibly think that for real reasons. We all must just be gaslighting ourselves. 

Edited by mistertim

Who are the best running quarterbacks to ever enter the league that are undoubtedly better than JD. Vick and Lamar for sure, we didn’t get to see Richardson last year. People say JD reminds them of Cunningham. There are more players you can argue I’m sure.

Vick record as starter, 76-66

Lamar 74-24

Cunningham 94-66

Kyler Murray 28-36

What was explained to me is that defenses don’t really change much week to week during the regular season. They work on third down packages and redzone but not much schematically. This makes sense why Lamar is having a hard time in the postseason compared to multiple MVP regular season. 

I will support whoever they take and not question the decision making until proved otherwise. 

Only thing I can figure is that the media promotes whichever kid whose agent gives the most info or promises the most access later . I’ve read or watched about everything available on these guys and they aren’t that far apart to my untrained eye. Plenty of strengths and weakness's, all of them have to be retrained for the NFL including Williams . Just pick one and let’s  get rolling already lol. Cmon Thursday 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I really hope, if he is drafted, some of you find a way to un-gaslight yourselves. 

Rookie QBs are required by law to prove people wrong before Armchair GMs are legally required to admit they are.

My Dad is potentially winning the bet of if we draft him over Maye I'm buying tickets to the opener instead of him, so I'll be there regardless.

Meteorologists are also experts.

RDT_20240424_0023258239848766441224029.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Dah-Dee said:

FWIW, I still think GMAP is doing exactly what Lynch/Shanahan did in SF with the Trey Lance pick - not saying a word during lying season and laughing at all the misinformation floating around... it's Maye, it's always been Maye, it'll be Maye on Thursday. 

I Speak That Into Existence I Planted The Seed GIF - I Speak That Into  Existence I Planted The Seed And I Will See The Harvest - Discover & Share  GIFs

The big difference from 2021 being, of course, that GMAP is going to hand in a card for Maye and not Davius Richard.

Throwing a curve ball into it.  Looks like, smells like and should be Jayden Daniels but watch out for JJ McCarthy.  That's all.  Again it should be Jayden Daniels by all accounts.  

I actually don't care about Jayden's mom and the recruiting violations (seems like she was being a "team player" and trying to help the program?) But what an interesting coincidence that this story just came out two days before the draft...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

People say JD reminds them of Cunningham.

Really? Only if you look at the numbers on a spreadsheet regarding weight and height.

Randall was incredibly tough and had freakishly long legs.

Once he got going he was very hard to bring down even by historically good defenses in the NFC East.

It's the first time I ever hear JD being compared to him.

8 hours ago, KDawg said:

Maye does NOT navigate the pocket well at all consistently. The guy sacks himself like Howell did at times. And, like Howell, sometimes moves and slides and navigates it well. 

Absolutely. That’s what I see with Maye. He just looks ‘off’ in the pocket on a consistent basis. That’s doesn’t translate well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

I actually don't care about Jayden's mom and the recruiting violations (seems like she was being a "team player" and trying to help the program?) But what an interesting coincidence that this story just came out two days before the draft...

🚩

4 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Orchestrated move to get him to fall a few spots. Don’t fall for it. Not that I care if we take Maye instead, but agendas like this really p*** me off. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mistertim said:

Of course people who think he's not a good prospect couldn't possibly think that for real reasons. We all must just be gaslighting ourselves. 

This is a good example of you gaslighting yourself actually lol. 

You can question the prospect. Obviously I didn’t say you couldn’t. You know that. You can read, it’s like a single sentence. But you said it anyway. Why do this to yourself? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

I'm waiting for NFLChick's prodigal return and "I told you so" revenge tour 😂

I am dreading it.  :ols:

I pushed Daniels hard way before they did.    But when they got going on the series of pro Daniels tweets and anti-Maye tweets it got so nauseating to me that I worked to bring some balance back to this thread. :ols:

But boy it swang hard the other way in recent weeks so I worked to bring balance again.

Still a Maye guy.   But always loved Daniels too.  But it was hard to push Daniels when they were posting because it got so over the top. 😎

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, mistertim said:

Given our luck with the Giants, if they manage to get Maye I predict about a 93% chance that he becomes a top 5 QB for the next 10-15 years and will regularly beat us down twice every season during that time period.

That wouldn't be on script with the Giants.  Not worried anyway about them getting Maye, I think he's going #3 to the Pats.

If its on script, the Giants will take Bo Nix in the 2nd.   He will look meh against the rest of the NFL but look like joe Montana versus us.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, mistertim said:

The way he's hyped you'd think Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson had a kid in a three way with Tom Brady.

They way he's been trashed on this thread.

You'd think he's Blake Bortles and Josh Johnson had a kid in a three way with John Beck. 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Dah-Dee said:

FWIW, I still think GMAP is doing exactly what Lynch/Shanahan did in SF with the Trey Lance pick - not saying a word during lying season and laughing at all the misinformation floating around... it's Maye, it's always been Maye, it'll be Maye on Thursday. 

I know it seems utterly perverse to be hanging on at this point with all the info out but I honestly still think there's a solid chance Maye is the selection.

I'm not holding out or banking on it, just think the door isn't shut. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Given how competitive Maye is, the chip on his shoulder is going to be absolutely massive if we pass on him and he somehow ends up on the Giants.  I can see him circling us on the calendar every year for the rest of his career.

If it went the reverse and the Giants got Jayden Daniels, I am sure that would be a breeze.  No team handles running QBs historically well better than this team. 

Yeah Daniel Jones can run on us like he is Barry Sanders.  But Daniels is no Daniel Jones as a runner. 😎

15 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Gaslighting is worse then lying, it's malicious in nature, a form of manipulation.

Right. Why make yourself hate the guy with bull**** like he doesn’t want to play here and he had character issues when none of it is based in reality. You can not like him and not lie to yourself about him. It’s fine. 

You don’t see people calling Maye some kind of malcontent or stupid or anything like that. Why play into that ****? Cause if he is here you are gonna do it the entire time and to what end? 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1