Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

My first impression of JD’s agent on twitter was that it’s a big nothing burger. I don’t think Kevin would repost with an eyeball emoji if it was actually a big nothing burger. I am sure Keim will be reserved in his online commentary regarding the situation though. 

Finlay talked about this some, he thinks its nothing, apparently the agent also liked a post that referenced the agent having an issue with Florio having an issue with the event.

I don't care. I am not anti-Daniels.  I am pro Maye.  

With or without those tweets, it feels to me it could go either way.  It's actually a bit fun, we might not know until they pick.  But I think it could be either one 50-50.  My only shock would be McCarthy.

Hoping hard for Maye.  But I won't drive off a cliff if they take Daniels. 

3 minutes ago, moondog said:

Every good organization needs a Roy Kent. 

He’s here, he’s there, he’s every ****in where, Roy Kent!

Quinn's personality would fit that show well. 

• Like 4

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I'm not sure if no decision being made yet is a good thing or bad thing.

On behalf of Bo's Blabberwockies, I declare it's a good thing, even though Mr. Nix wasn't invited for the field trip.

Still A Chance GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, MartinC said:

You are WAY out there on this. I lean to Maye but you are so far out there against Jayden I have to ask if he ran over your dog?

I saw him play at the Rose Bowl against UCLA when he was at ASU and I commented wow that dude is tiny and he has no chance of being anything but a college player but he can dance around the field well. I’m sticking to that initial assessment. 

I 100% believe he will be a bust. His attitude is horrible. His interviews are all about him and what others and the teams can do for him instead of the other way. his mom and now his agent are a distraction when it should be about football. He’s a train wreck of a bust and we would be watching it happen if he was the pick here. Thankfully he’s no longer in play and it’s moot. 

Maye can certainly be a bust too but he has a non zero chance of success in the NFL unlike Jayden. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I personally think we know what we want to do.

Remaining uncertainty would bring trade back firmly on the table for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Technically challenged question:

If I take a video using my phone of something I see on tv can I post it to the forum?

I know how to post pictures here, but not sure if that works for vids.

TIA

Upload to YouTube or similar and post the link. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve warmed up a lot to Daniels after watching all the throws. I think less of his deep ball but more of his ability to dump it off quick and go through reads. Also, his ability to take yards running and get out of bounds.

I prefer Maye, but Daniels could be really good. I think Dak level good.

Maye is the guy that could be a top 5 player though, and less of an injury risk too.

• Like 4

Ok, so against my better judgement, I’ve got two supremely oddball, (dare I say ‘uncharacteristic of me’) thoughts, mostly for the sake of levity:

First, all my life I considered a qb “scrambling” to mean leaving the pocket, and then they either throw or run.  The term has become a bit muddied though (or my understanding was always wrong, lol), including the Ringer having an “escaping” and “scrambling” stat.  So, to distinguish the meaning, I propose we turn to nature.

1) Use the obvious comparison - kangaroos.  A joey scrambles out of the pocket and then bounces (I’m digging the slang symmetry of “bouncing” here).  

2)  As an optional bonus - we refer to running qbs as “Joeys” (or, alternatively, “Bouncers”).  And of course, we can nickname olines “Roos”… as they’re the ones forming the pocket and protecting the “Joey”.  The NFL ecosystem can thank me later.

Second, while obviously I highly doubt it happens, if we were to trade out of #2, what about going after a 2026 1st round pick instead?  Gives us two years to evaluate whichever qb we end up with, then we have two 1st round picks that could be ammo to go for another qb in 2026 if this one busts.  I’d think the Pats (for example) would be far more likely go along with that kind of deferred payment.

Wish I could use a @clskinsfan style “I’ve been drinking since Sunday” statement here, but alas, I have no such reputation-saving disclaimer. 😔

• Haha 2

Gut says that GMAP, Quinn and their guys aren't too concerned over a stupid agent of a rookie who if taken, won't be negotiating anything new for at best 3 years. 

Reminds me of Peyton Manning talking at the ProBowl "I’m out at my third Pro Bowl, I’m about to go in and throw a touchdown to Jerry Rice, we’re honoring the Hall of Fame, and we’re talking about our idiot kicker who got liquored up and ran his mouth off.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Even if they have made a decision, what does it benifit them to braodcast that decision? ALso, why make it now when the draft is next week? 

No saying you, but the way it's being presented is that because they have not said who they are drafting at #2, they have no idea. Why not make sure you have turned every rock before making what all would agree will be the biggest decision to be made by this FO to date and for the near future? Also, people gloss over they did this in SF. There must be a reason. There has to be some value they get out of it or Adam would not have convinced everyone it was a good idea. 

One thing coming out for me is Daniels camp is showing hard to get along with. That can start with the player. That is a pretty important data point. And despite that dumbass greenie's opinion, I love to take prospective employees into a social situation and see how they treat the service staff. Speaks volumes to thier character. 

I am Ok trusting the room until they give me reason not to. 

21 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

This Get Up video is topical and gets heated.

Here’s what’s inside:

1. Details on yesterdays visit

2. Kim Martin will be at the Commanders war room during the draft for live coverage.

3. Trade back is on the table if they want it. Penix will be the likely target.

4. No decision, may be a major difference of opinion inside the leadership

5. DQ wants to see how the rookies carry themselves in a group dynamic to help with decision

6. Some may want McCarthey but Daniels and Quinn are likely the big debate.

7. Video cuts out early after about 9 minutes— Schefter never talks, but it was the only video I could find.

Yeah, there's a whole genre of sports talk clips online with a guy in Asia (sometimes the channel names are in Vietnamese) doing artwork or something else at the end of the video for 5-10 minutes. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, seantaylor=god said:

Apparently Jayden Daniels’ agent liked a tweet criticizing the Commanders visit format (multiple players together for visit). Could be nothing, could be that Jayden didn’t like how visit went.

It would be strange for his agent to criticize the team that is going to draft him…

IMG_0837.png

It's not great, but to be fair, if he's as good as his fans in the league think, then this wouldn't sway me, but since I'm not a fan to begin with, this is a tiny little box to the side I'd check related to "due diligence off field checking". It's bothersome, but it wouldn't tilt me on the pick unless my background checks on the guy suggest it is reflective of his mental make up in general (and as I've said before, Caleb and Jayden get at best, neutral personality grades from me, while JJ, and Drake, superficially get positive ones. That being said, they know who these guys are a lot more than we do.). 

6 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Ok, so against my better judgement, I’ve got two supremely oddball, (dare I say ‘uncharacteristic of me’) thoughts, mostly for the sake of levity:

First, all my life I considered a qb “scrambling” to mean leaving the pocket, and then they either throw or run.  The term has become a bit muddied though (or my understanding was always wrong, lol), including the Ringer having an “escaping” and “scrambling” stat.  So, to distinguish the meaning, I propose we turn to nature.

1) Use the obvious comparison - kangaroos.  A joey scrambles out of the pocket and then bounces (I’m digging the slang symmetry of “bouncing” here).  

2)  As an optional bonus - we refer to running qbs as “Joeys” (or, alternatively, “Bouncers”).  And of course, we can nickname olines “Roos”… as they’re the ones forming the pocket and protecting the “Joey”.  The NFL ecosystem can thank me later.

Second, while obviously I highly doubt it happens, if we were to trade out of #2, what about going after a 2026 1st round pick instead?  Gives us two years to evaluate whichever qb we end up with, then we have two 1st round picks that could be ammo to go for another qb in 2026 if this one busts.  I’d think the Pats (for example) would be far more likely go along with that kind of deferred payment.

Wish I could use a @clskinsfan style “I’ve been drinking since Sunday” statement here, but alas, I have no such reputation-saving disclaimer. 😔

Have you been sniffing bath salts, lately?

:ols:

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I think it's possible that the agent and Jayden may prefer to play in Vegas or Minnesota and they think if we pass on him and take Maye that the Patriots will be amenable to dealing him to one if those teams.

Well Minnesota would be a way way better landing spot. Far too often these guys don't understand how important landing spot is with career. Just getting the higher selection in a draft isn't the end all be all of anything, you want to land with a smart organization. That being said, if nothing else, we know our FO/coaching is already much better than its been at any time in the past decade and probably past 35 years (the Shanny's brought in a ton of genius talent, but we still had a ---- owner, and an idiot for a GM). 

I think it’s very plausible that we are trying to convince NE that we are more than open to trading back. If they 100% want Daniels, its not unrealistic to think they’d flip picks with us to get him.

Schefter backing up is a clear signal that Maye (and possibly JJ) is absolutely in play and likely the leader at this point,  which is fine with me.

I just want our decision makers to pick who THEY want, not just who wants them. And to be honest the recent behavior of JDs agent has soured me enough on him as a candidate that it might be enough for me to prefer drafting Maye even if it means waiting and giving him the time some believe he needs before eventually starting him.

• Like 4