Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s just like he is trying to be RG3 and make those comparisons a reality. 

Family and/or reps being a bit too publicly opinionated? Check.

Running QB who excels at throwing the deep ball? Check.

Frail frame? Check. 

Yes, everyone, Daniels is probably a better prospect than RG3, though I’m not totally sold on that. But he is doing everything he can to make sure he’s compared to him.

How is he a better prospect coming out of college than Rg3? Rg3 was also an elite hurdle runner as well. Robert is better in every aspect than Daniels. Including his personality. He was corny but that dude was very likable initially. Jayden can’t hide his me-first attitude even in a simple post pro day interview.

Jayden is only comparable to Rg3 at the same age. Post ACL Rg3 as a second year player is who Jayden is at best. That's his ceiling. Maybe he can hope to get traded to the Ravens and backup Lamar in 3 years. That’s as good as gets for him. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Either Daniels may not want to go to the Commanders or his agent is incredibly dense. That's just a straight up dumb thing to do on social media. 

I think it's possible that the agent and Jayden may prefer to play in Vegas or Minnesota and they think if we pass on him and take Maye that the Patriots will be amenable to dealing him to one if those teams.

• Like 1

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

How is he a better prospect coming out of college than Rg3? Rg3 was also an elite hurdle runner as well. Robert is better in every aspect than Daniels. Including his personality. He was corny but that dude was very likable initially. Jayden can’t hide his me-first attitude even in a simple post pro day interview.

Jayden is only comparable to Rg3 at the same age. Post ACL Rg3 as a second year player is who Jayden is at best. That's his ceiling. Maybe he can hope to get traded to the Ravens and backup Lamar in 3 years. That’s as good as gets for him. 

“I’m not sold on that”

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

I think it's possible that the agent and Jayden may prefer to play in Vegas or Minnesota and they think if we pass on him and take Maye that the Patriots will be amenable to dealing him to one if those teams.

I think it’s possible Daniels was told it wasn’t going to be him and the agent and Jayden are a little bitter.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I think it’s possible Daniels was told it wasn’t going to be him and the agent and Jayden are a little bitter.

Could be.

I think we can both agree that no competent agent would like a tweet criticizing our interview process unless he was trying to send a clear message.

• Like 2

Folks: TK and I discussed the following matter earlier today.

I wish such an interruption wasn't necessary. And it's only necessary because of a small number of usually fine long time ES'ers.  But we're all human. 

In the last week there have been well more than a dozen posts from folks that included content that doesn't belong in this forum. Those posts were removed from view.

People who were repeat offenders didn't seem to notice. So please click on and read this link to the sticky thread at the top of the forum which has been updated today.

Now let's get back to the crazy of QB wars.  😁👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 2

Even if you don't like the way the Commanders are going about it, complaining about it on social media is very stupid. That's why I'm wondering if either 1) Daniels really doesn't want to go to the Commanders, 2) @KDawgis right and he was told he wasn't going to be the pick so this is saving face, or 3) Jayden's agent truly just just a few nuggets short of a happy meal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, SkinsFTW said:

He's like a cartoon character!

Looney tune characters are virtually indestructible. They can get blown up by dynamite and all that happens is their faces get dirty.

They even posses magical powers. They can draw a tunnel on solid rock and a train will suddenly appear and traverse through it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Looney tune characters are virtually indestructible. They can get blown up by dynamite and all that happens is their faces get dirty.

They even posses magical powers. They can draw a tunnel on solid rock and a train will suddenly appear and traverse through it.

That’s exactly the type of fantasy physics and dynamic he needs to survive in the NFL. We might as well draft Bugs Bunny 2nd overall. They have an equal chance of not being a bust for us. 

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Even if you don't like the way the Commanders are going about it, complaining about it on social media is very stupid. That's why I'm wondering if either 1) Daniels really doesn't want to go to the Commanders, 2) @KDawgis right and he was told he wasn't going to be the pick so this is saving face, or 3) Jayden's agent truly just just a few nuggets short of a happy meal.

All 3 is my guess.

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

3) Jayden's agent truly just just a few nuggets short of a happy meal.

But he still gets the toy right?

Everybody knows that those nuggets aren't actually food anyway.

Just now, mistertim said:

If they don’t intend to take Daniels I doubt they told him so I dont see what they would have to gain from doing that.

The agent in the past liked posts about Daniels going to the Commanders so I doubt Daniels doesnt want to go to Washington 

Who knows. But guessing its an emotional agent who is maybe tweeting while drinking 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I really doubt that.  Why would they tell the guy who they’re not going to pick when they haven’t said boo to anybody at all?  Unless they want it to get out….

• Like 2

Just now, CapsSkins said:

Wow Daniels' agent doubled down. I was expecting the opposite... that he'd un-like the previous Tweet after people started noticing.

Why would he do this? What does he have to gain?

The narrative that he’s pulling an Eli. They are saying no not the team. The house of cards can unravel fast and he can plummet down the draft. He’s trying to prevent that. 

7 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

He's like a cartoon character!

Ok, these hits have been way overplayed..........but this is the first time I'm seeing the Sonic the Hedgehog rings explode out at 9 seconds.   :ols: :ols: :ols: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The narrative that he’s pulling an Eli. They are saying no not the team. The house of cards can unravel fast and he can plummet down the draft. He’s trying to prevent that. 

I don't buy that. If anything, he'd want to drop so Vegas could come get him. He wants to reunite with his ASU mentor Antonio Pierce.

It's more likely that he'd pull an actual Eli and try to force his way there, but even then, that wouldn't happen publicly. Truly don't get how this behavior is serving Butler's client.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I really doubt that.  Why would they tell the guy who they’re not going to pick when they haven’t said boo to anybody at all?  Unless they want it to get out….

Maybe the interview and meeting with everyone in general didn't go that great? We know that Maye and McCarthy at least are much more extroverted and vocal. Maybe Daniels and his agent didn't really think it was a fair setting for him to show himself.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There are many ways to tell him without saying it outright.

“We’re sorry you didn’t enjoy this process, but we view this as instrumental in helping to determine our choice and the way people react matter to us.”

”We value the total package in a QB, not just the speed.”

Could be anything…

• Like 1