Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

You know how I know I dont belong in these conversations sometimes? 

Cause the entire world looks at this kid like damn his arm is huge and I cannot ****ing see it. And I know im wrong. How messed up is that? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Second time I've seen his coach/script guy get right in his face on a 'pass rush' and Maye then 'forced' to throw it off his back foot. Kind of weird they'd do either of those things in a pro day workout. 

With both Williams and Daniels pro days, the 'pass rush' was always nominal and easily 'evaded.' And the 'good' mechanics were over-emphasized.

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You know how I know I dont belong in these conversations sometimes? 

Cause the entire world looks at this kid like damn his arm is huge and I cannot ****ing see it. And I know im wrong. How messed up is that? 

Good point.

It seems to me, so far, that he's throwing the ball nice and smooth. Showing control and a good spiral.

He hasn't really uncorked one yet.

Maybe he's waiting to later to start firing  hard.

So far this throwing session is a microcosm of the previous conversations about Maye and their season as a whole:

- Big arm. Effortless power.

- Mostly accurate but has had a couple of random passes sail bad - probably footwork related

- Receivers dropping balls that hit them in the hands

• Like 2

Just now, mistertim said:

So far this throwing session is a microcosm of the previous conversations about Maye and their season as a whole:

- Big arm. Effortless power.

- Mostly accurate but has had a couple of random passes sail bad - probably footwork related

- Receivers dropping balls that hit them in the hands

I mean that's what you want though right? You want the pro day to line up with the tape and it does. 

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yep, Pierce is enamored with him.  We won't but their 2024 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2025 1st for our 2nd and possibly more. 

I wouldn't give them nothing. We need a 24's 1st 2nd 3rd and 25's 1st and 3rd and 26's 2nd and 4th ...nothing from us. That puts us out of the top 3 QBs for sure and probably the 4th without trading back up. 

Just now, Llevron said:

I mean that's what you want though right? You want the pro day to line up with the tape and it does. 

Yeah I wasn't complaining or anything. Just pointing it out. As I've mentioned before, I don't put much into these pro days either way.

Pretty deep ball that looked effortless (versus Joe Milton winding up, and winding up....).

Flicks another one 55 yards, looked fine but Maye didn't like something about it, shaking head.

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Like 1