Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

spjunkies is all fired up for this post right here. :)

Edit: By the way. Pretty pathetic how nice UNC's practice facilities are compared to the Commanders. Maye will have quite a wake up call coming if he is the pick. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Woah. This is actually pretty shocking to me. I never saw that on film at all. 

Yep, has had two ACL injuries, shoulder sugery too.  No thank you.  Talented buy a mess as far as injuries thus his mid 20s in this draft.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Davante Adams saying who he wants.

The Raiders and Antonio Pierce connection (coach at ASU, great relationship with Jayden,etc.) makes it a great spot but I don’t see how they have the picks to get up there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dah-Dee said:

I do like a good heatmap:

Kind of an oddity that this graphic shows Maye struggling so badly throwing to his right, when he's a right-handed QB. Is there an explanation for this? Was he throwing to Carlos Rodgers over there or something?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Who knew???

If it weren't for his glaring, inescapable, serious, injury concerns, I think Penix would possibly be my preferred candidate at 1.2.

He has a true Howitzer, pocket presence, throws accurately short, middle, and long, and he has the character, tenacity, desire, and willpower to overcome all those debilitating injuries.

Someone may just luck out and get the best passer in the draft in the late first or early second round.

I wish him good fortune.

• Like 8

Just now, Dah-Dee said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10114732-giants-hc-skips-drake-maye-pro-day-to-watch-michael-penix-jr-will-meet-with-unc-qb

Giants HC Skips Drake Maye Pro Day to Watch Michael Penix Jr.; Will Meet with UNC QB

Pretty sure everyone knows that we're drafting Maye.

Do the Bears brass attend these for other QBs, even though they're locked in on Williams?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Do the Bears brass attend these for other QBs, even though they're locked in on Williams?

I'm not sure why they would. Its a waste of time and resources. It doesn't even make sense to when teams picking outside the top 5 attend.

• Like 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Pretty sure everyone knows that we're drafting Maye.

Not sure about today, but apparently no Bears staff at Daniels' pro day yesterday.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

a priori assumption

I believe it was you just the other day who referenced one of the greatest German filmmakers of all time, Ranier Werner Fassbinder (the last thing I ever expected to see on this board), and now here you are appealing to the axioms of Kantian epistemology. My guy, you are *all right* in my book, lol. 

As for QB: put me in the exhausted camp. I'm going to be a fan of whoever Peters selects but I'm most comfortable with Maye (although I do think JJ's intangibles are off the charts, intangibles alone don't win football games).

Jayden is an exciting player but I can't be the only one who will be holding their breath every time he takes off. His potential dynamism is there and I have faith Kliff can get the most out of him but the kid still makes me nervous.

I'm just looking forward to the beginning of the real new era, seeing the growth and change whoever is behind center. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't read too much into the Giants skipping Maye's pro day.

My guess is they assume they can't get him but have him penciled in as an auto-take if he somehow slips to a place they can get to.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Agree..I .just still dont get the Mcarthy smiley face. white P.J. ensemble he wore at his pro day though.

He’s setting up a post NFL career as a YouTube star and new sports hydration drink of some kind. I assume this was step 2 of the business plan.  😂 

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

spjunkies is all fired up for this post right here. :)

Edit: By the way. Pretty pathetic how nice UNC's practice facilities are compared to the Commanders. Maye will have quite a wake up call coming if he is the pick. 

Obviously the practice facility is too small to contain the lasers Maye is about to throw with his howitzer. The ceiling is way too low! He’s gonna knock the I beams down! Idiots…🧐

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

Agree..I .just still dont get the Mcarthy smiley face. white P.J. ensemble he wore at his pro day though.

Speaking of JJ, I was surprised to watch Kyle brandt on gmfb this Tues. He's been consistent in his skepticism that JJ  had that much of a chance to go in the top five.

He figured it was just media draft noise to get attention  per usual this time of year and that's a shtick he always loathes--- insincere or wild stretches of takes to generate interest more than be coming from valid info or actual sound reasoning.

But Tues he said he's heard enough now from people in the know he trusts that he's changed his mind on the level of possibility. He even said he wouldn't be shocked to see the commanders take him at two. I don't think it's likely at all, but I did find his turnaround interesting.

I'll say this: combining the best arguments I've heard for taking him high,  plus the level of grace I'm willing to give out new f.o. based on their group competency  as I view it, I wouldn't devastated and could still be hopeful but I would be disappointed if it's anyone other than Maye or Daniels. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1