Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I think it increases the probability we trade UP for a Tackle. 

I made an error.

I meant to say that Hoffman thinks we might trade back into the first round with our newly acquired picks. So that we'd have a total two first round picks. 

Which is exactly what you suggested (far more elegantly than I did in the disjointed word salad above). lol

I get goofy sometimes later in the day as I tire and I always don't process things that efficiently. 

I'll edit the post accordingly.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, Warhead36 said:

What does that even mean? The Bears arent trading the pick.

You haven’t read the last 3 pages of conspiracy theories where Magic Johnson is whispering sweet nothings into Caleb William’s father’s ear convincing him to, at the last minute, bolt from the bears and demand a trade, in private, after publicly stating he would play for anybody?

Look, it’s not in Caleb William camp’s interest to try and be sneaky.  If they truly are telling the bears he won’t play for them, the bears will state out loud from a podium Williams told them he wouldn’t play for them and that’s why they are trading the pick.  

Because otherwise their fan base will riot.  

There is no keeping this secret.  

And if that was going to happen, it would have already happened.  

And certainly Caleb Williams would not want to go on TV, say he’d be happy playing for the bears, then have the bears say “No he’s a dirty liar” on TV.  That’s a bad look. 

There is always the 2% chance of something totally insane happening.  But otherwise the dots which are being connected don’t exist. 

We’re drafting Maye or Daniels.  I think it’s Maye.  It could very well be Daniels.  I am pretty convinced it won’t be McCarthy.  I think that’s a smoke job.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

We had other bidders for Howell. Had to have been Denver and Minnesota at the very least.

I still feel like Sam has a future in the league...so there was a bidding war for him and nothing for Fields?

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

I feel bad for Howell.  He looked like he could take the next step early until he got Ramsey'd.  

I feel excited for Sam....he's got a cannon arm and now he has a serious deep threat in DK and WR's who can get open.  Sam's a good QB and he will be a starter again.  Still extremely young too.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

conspiracy theories where Magic Johnson is whispering sweet nothings into Caleb William’s

Yeah OK. Caleb cancelled his meeting with the Bears because Magic made him do it........Oh and the Bears have exactly FIVE picks in this draft......

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

I still feel like Sam has a future in the league...so there was a bidding war for him and nothing for Fields?

Because … Fields stinks.  

He can play one way and there is literally ONE franchise which has fully adopted that way of playing and been successful at it, and that’s the Ravens.  

The Eagles are somewhat close but hurts can execute the passing game pretty well.  Hes still dual threat but they still do a lot of traditional offensive stuff.  

All teams are looking for QBs who can win from the pocket first and then create after.  That’s not Fields.  

This is also why I think Maye is the pick.  Dual threat QBs with an emphasis on running has not proven to be the wave of the future.  And they all seem to get hurt a lot.  Lamar, Murray and even Hurts played the entire season with a banged up knee.  

2 minutes ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Kliff doesn't want a short qb, got burned in ari. Rook is definitely APs plan which one is still being decided. Dq doesn't like the diva though so don't expect a trade up

Which QB in this draft is "short"

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

You sure about that? There are many weeks left. Cancelled meetings from Caleb say otherwise. 

Just so I’m prepared, when the Bears draft Caleb, do you want me to talk you down off the ledge or kick the chair out from underneath of you?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah OK. Caleb cancelled his meeting with the Bears because Magic made him do it........Oh and the Bears have exactly FIVE picks in this draft......

It has been suggested earlier in this thread Magic is going to help push Caleb to turn the bears down and force a trade to us.

Its preposterous.  But it’s been said multiple times.  

2 minutes ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Kliff doesn't want a short qb, got burned in ari. Rook is definitely APs plan which one is still being decided. Dq doesn't like the diva though so don't expect a trade up

I doubt he wants another spoiled Kyler to deal with, but Kliff seems to have a type.

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Hoffman loves the value we got for Howell.

Thinks this increases the probability we use some of those picks to trade back up into the 1st round to get a quality rookie LT.

Also said this is a 90 player draft, then theres a significant dropoff. Having 6 picks in the top 100 gives us a load of highly coveted draft capital.

That's the feeling I get too once you get to the 4th and up rds. in mock drafts nothing really stands out like past years. Get your picks early seems like the ticket because there is not a lot later.

Edited by skinsfan66
  • Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Because … Fields stinks.  

He can play one way and there is literally ONE franchise which has fully adopted that way of playing and been successful at it, and that’s the Ravens.  

The Eagles are somewhat close but hurts can execute the passing game pretty well.  Hes still dual threat but they still do a lot of traditional offensive stuff.  

All teams are looking for QBs who can win from the pocket first and then create after.  That’s not Fields.  

This is also why I think Maye is the pick.  Dual threat QBs with an emphasis on running has not proven to be the wave of the future.  And they all seem to get hurt a lot.  Lamar, Murray and even Hurts played the entire season with a banged up knee.  

I agree with all of your points...it also has a lot to do with the 5th year, 22 mil option, teams have to commit to with Fields. Howell is a bargain basement backup with an easy out if he doesn't pan out. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Just so I’m prepared, when the Bears draft Caleb, do you want me to talk you down off the ledge or kick the chair out from underneath of you?

Oh I am not saying them picking Caleb isnt the most likely thing. What I am saying is that the "stop even thinking about crowd" is over. We have the ammo to trade up. 

4 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Caleb. He is 6.0'

Sure he is. Go away troll. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Oh I am not saying them picking Caleb isnt the most likely thing. What I am saying is that the "stop even thinking about crowd" is over. We have the ammo to trade up. 

Do yourself a favor. Don’t get your hopes up.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You haven’t read the last 3 pages of conspiracy theories where Magic Johnson is whispering sweet nothings into Caleb William’s father’s ear convincing him to, at the last minute, bolt from the bears and demand a trade, in private, after publicly stating he would play for anybody?

Look, it’s not in Caleb William camp’s interest to try and be sneaky.  If they truly are telling the bears he won’t play for them, the bears will state out loud from a podium Williams told them he wouldn’t play for them and that’s why they are trading the pick.  

Because otherwise their fan base will riot.  

There is no keeping this secret.  

And if that was going to happen, it would have already happened.  

And certainly Caleb Williams would not want to go on TV, say he’d be happy playing for the bears, then have the bears say “No he’s a dirty liar” on TV.  That’s a bad look. 

There is always the 2% chance of something totally insane happening.  But otherwise the dots which are being connected don’t exist. 

We’re drafting Maye or Daniels.  I think it’s Maye.  It could very well be Daniels.  I am pretty convinced it won’t be McCarthy.  I think that’s a smoke job.  

Why would the Bears do that? It’s all about saving face. The Chargers didn’t bad mouth Eli and the Colts didn’t bad mouth Elway.

If the Bears stick with Fields they will circle the wagons around him and say he’s their franchise guy. If they go with Maye or Daniels at 2 they will say that was their guy all along. 

There is no world where Poles gets in front of a podium and says that Caleb won’t play for the bears. To even fathom that would be a possibility is beyond naive and delusional. 

Also both Elway and Eli were drafted by another team and traded subsequently. So the notion if it was going to happen it would have already happened is equally nonsense.

• Thanks 1

Sad to see Sam go nothing but respect for him and I wish him nothing but the best. I think he can be a good starter in this league. EB broke him!  with his play calling and Ron broke his confidence with his lack of knowing how to build a team (offensive line) getting him killed on the field. 

Edited by FlyBigBeard
  • Like 2