Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Apparently the trade market for Justin Fields is pretty small

He's a pretty niche guy. Great athlete, big arm, but not a quick processor, and not high end with accuracy, he should be the target of teams that cannot trade into the top 3, and are too good to have any chance of landing a top pick in '25 or '26. Those are teams w/o a lot of options, so just getting a guy that is an offensive weapon and flawed, and maybe he grows some is better than sticking with crap or reaching. But honestly, why trade for Fields when you can draft Penix or JJ who might be good? So that limits it even further. Basically the only teams I think should consider him are probably Oakland, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, the NY teams, Atlanta, maybe the Rams as a bridge guy for Stafford's retirement, maybe the Panthers as a backup plan for Young. 

Not a lot of teams. And the Giants and Jets can just draft a QB, same with Atlanta, same with Tennessee. 

I thought he could get a team a 2nd or a 3rd and a day 3 pick, at most a 2nd and a conditional day 3 pick in '25. Sounds like its gonna be less which makes sense. The guy has 1 year left on his deal and 2 of his 3 years he's sucked. Why should anyone pay a bunch for that?

1. Chicago = Caleb Williams 

2* New England = Jayden Daniels

3*Chicago = Marvin Harrison, Jr.

If we got #34 from NE + a 2025 1st to swap 2/3

And Chicago offered #9, #75 and a 2025 1st for #3 MHJ

If we signed Kirk ... would that be enough? Going into this draft with #9, #34, #36, #40, #67, #74, #101 through 3 rounds? Not to mention 3 1sts in 2025 with WSH, CHI, NE picks? And Cousins at QB?

Would certainly be a ... different way of approaching a rebuild. It won't happen, but that would be nuts. We'd collectively be losing our minds on here.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumb down 2

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

McCarthy comes off having some personality

Interesting to try and figure out who. Giants, Titans, Falcons, or maybe Jets or a trade up from outside the top 10. Seems like the Giants are obsessed with Maye and trading up. Titans have Levis who looked decent last year at times, but they probably will take a swing on somebody. Falcons are either trading for a guy or taking one, Jets would be smart to add Howell or Fields. 

• Like 1

Just now, Est.1974 said:

You taking Maye at #2 or trading out ?

Taking him 100 times out of 100. The most valuable asset in all of sports is a qb who can perform on a rookie deal.

You can’t win in this league without elite qb play. Only real way to get one is to draft. If he sucks I would move on from him in a season and a half then tank and do it again. Rinse and repeat until you hit.

Can’t fall for sunk cost fallacy either. If he doesn’t play well right away he’s probably done and you need to move on fast and try again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

1. Chicago = Caleb Williams 

2* New England = Jayden Daniels

3*Chicago = Marvin Harrison, Jr.

If we got #34 from NE + a 2025 1st to swap 2/3

And Chicago offered #9, #75 and a 2025 1st for #3 MHJ

If we signed Kirk ... would that be enough? Going into this draft with #9, #34, #36, #40, #67, #74, #101 through 3 rounds? Not to mention 3 1sts in 2025 with WSH, CHI, NE picks? And Cousins at QB?

Would certainly be a ... different way of approaching a rebuild. It won't happen, but that would be nuts. We'd collectively be losing our minds on here.

large.DumbandDumberCryThrowUp.gif.f22dc83965b37e746b9140a68262dbea.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Interesting to try and figure out who. Giants, Titans, Falcons, or maybe Jets or a trade up from outside the top 10. Seems like the Giants are obsessed with Maye and trading up. Titans have Levis who looked decent last year at times, but they probably will take a swing on somebody. Falcons are either trading for a guy or taking one, Jets would be smart to add Howell or Fields. 

I doubt the Titans trade up when they just drafted Levis.

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Now he feels the need to go and take over other players media sessions? It is just weird. 

The kid is loose. He’s having fun with the process and his teammate. I don’t view this as a negative thing at all.

I’d be ecstatic if he lands here as my QB!

Whoof, today was full of weird.

Calab doing Caleb things

The Bears appearing to do no research on Maye

Oh, and wild trade scenarios that involve multiple trade backs and signing Captain Kirk.

16 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Would certainly be a ... different way of approaching a rebuild. It won't happen, but that would be nuts. We'd collectively be losing our minds on here

Exactly. It didn't have to go down like this.

xp.jpg.b3f92e2aba535cb499024aa009f991a3.jpg

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

The kid is loose. He’s having fun with the process and his teammate. I don’t view this as a negative thing at all.

I’d be ecstatic if he lands here as my QB!

That's one way of looking at it. Another is that he's basically an attention whore.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

That's one way of looking at it. Another is that he's basically an attention whore.

Breaking news, Caleb Williams has decided to do his throwing drills after all, and do them today, and has just taken the field throwing to his dad, "DC SR":

VIDEO: Patrick Peterson Had to Warm up Before Game in a Dinosaur Costume  After Losing a Bet

Edited by Dah-Dee

1 hour ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Huh? It’s well known you really stop growing around 20. It’s science. If JJ can put on some lbs, so can Jayden. Can’t just change the rules for JJ’s small frame. 

Also, Jayden being closer to Jj than Caleb and Maye?  :lol: What? Jayden is in a different stratosphere from JJ. Jayden is a day 1 starter in the NFL whereas JJ likely won’t see the field for 1-2 seasons.

we all have our opinions though, to each their own. JJ is Daniel Jones 2.0, the similarities are all right there. Also when is the last time a game manager in college ever became elite in the NFL? It doesn’t happen. 

No changing rules here, he will grow bigger the next few years like I did and most people I know. Jayden is RG3 they do not know how to protect themselves because of their style and the last option for me of the 4. Just my opinion too.

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

With the Leno news, I don't know guys, seems like we will have a brand new offensive line besides Cosmi. That is...not ideal for a rookie. It's going to take a while for that unit to gel. LT is a massive need.

I'll take the mystery box over what we had last year.

• Like 1