Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

9 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Where do people think McCarthy would be going if he was 210-215 pounds instead of 197-202?

He has got age on his side too, just turning 21. High school and college National Championships. Can sit him a year, still growing, played in a pro style offense. And you may get extra picks. Maye at 2 or McCarthy and some comp. is what I want to happen. Keep Howell for both of the QB's whoever it is. I got past the friend's thing with Howell and believe it could work. 

2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

We need a teenager to tell Caleb he's cringe.

Nothing gets one to introspect more than someone younger telling you you're cringe.  He'll go through the 5 phases, and come out the other end a bit more mature.

They'll also need to tell him that he's totally mid as well. That will get him to shape up too, I think. Nobody wants to be mid.

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

He had another real nice tight window throw to lacy vs bama. Bonus points for doing it against what is probably the most advanced D in college and has a bunch of NFL talent.

Back-shoulder to avoid the front-side defender after just clearing the backside guy. Can't walk out there and hand him the ball in a better spot, and anywhere else is probably an INT.

6:56 mark

Dude has shown the ability to hit all parts of the field and make every throw. Its just a question of how much faith you want to put in the sample size.

Whenever Jayden did do something in 2023, it usually turned out great, he just didn't have to do some things a ton. But its not like he was struggling with stuff and throwing picks.

This really isn't on the subject of throws but I just watched the chat with Craig Hoffman and Logan Paulsen. Logan said of all the games he watched for all the QBs Alabama’s defense was the toughest by far. They threw every kind of look they could at LSU, were disguising every coverage, even Logan said he was confused on some plays because Saban was dialing up NFL level exotic looks on D. 

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

They'll also need to tell him that he's totally mid as well. That will get him to shape up too I think. Nobody wants to be mid.

Just gotta inundate him with Gen Alpha memes he doesn't understand.

He'll feel confused and scared and that the coolness landscape has shifted away from him, and now he must put away childish "coolness" and become a man.  A man who plays football for the Chicago Bears.

Josh Fairhurst 🔜 GDC on X: "I'm 34 now and I really relate to this Grandpa  Simpson quote https://t.co/4BZ1EmD0X6" / X

We should ask him what his opinion on skibidi toilet is.

Edited by DogofWar1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I gotta see JD or Maye at 2. Any other move would warrant skepticism at this point.

New staff would be allowed to make their own successes and failures, but u best believe I'd have an "I told you so" ready in the chamber if we do something else and it faceplants.

With all the quickness.

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

even Logan said he was confused on some plays because Saban was dialing up NFL level exotic looks on D. 

Yeah he was pretty awestruck by Bama's D. That stuck out to me too.

You get bonus points for going up against them and its probably the most NFL-like situation you can put a player against. Good grinding stone and evaluation tool.

Normally I'd temper Logan's praise w/ the usual "take it with a truck load of salt" but this is both not about our team where he is prone to baby sea lion level fluff and he is far from the only guy who felt that way about Bama's D.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I dunno. If he shows up dressed like this I might be tempted to pass on him too. I have no clue what the **** that is. It's like if MC Hammer and a raincoat had a threesome with a banana.

His fashion designer

new-york-new-york-cam-newton-is-seen-in-

• Haha 2

After reading the new article from ESPN on how Peters and Myers handled the coaching search they seem to really value leadership, how guys handle adversity and self-reflection and analysis. I feel like the interviews with the QBs are going to be similar beyond the X's and O's

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

28 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I said last week that I was worried Maye goes #1 and a slew of people laughed at me. Now it's creeping into mocks.

Like I said as well. The Bears could take Maye and it is not 100% they will go Williams. Many think they will go Caleb but the Bears could be thinking, maybe, they are done with a running threat QB and want to go with Maye who can still run but not as the primary threat... And he is taller to boot.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I gotta see JD or Maye at 2. Any other move would warrant skepticism at this point.

New staff would be allowed to make their own successes and failures, but u best believe I'd have an "I told you so" ready in the chamber if we do something else and it faceplants.

With all the quickness.

Yeah he was pretty awestruck by Bama's D. That stuck out to me too.

You get bonus points for going up against them and its probably the most NFL-like situation you can put a player against. Good grinding stone and evaluation tool.

Normally I'd temper Logan's praise w/ the usual "take it with a truck load of salt" but this is both not about our team where he is prone to baby sea lion level fluff and he is far from the only guy who felt that way about Bama's D.

Jayden played well against Bama, but let's not act like they were some unstoppable defensive juggernaut this last season. They barely cracked the top 20 in most overall defense lists. Though I have no doubt that Saban threw some exotic looks in there.

15 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

After reading the new article from ESPN on how Peters and Myers handled the coaching search they seem to really value leadership, how guys handle adversity and self-reflection and analysis. I feel like the interviews with the QBs are going to be similar beyond the X's and O's

If that's so, that puts the nail in the coffin for Howell (makes me wonder if we actually bring back Brissett). Quiet and calm but shy isn't exactly leadership material.

Daniels had poor leadership at ASU but good leadership at LSU right? Wonder what they make of that, or if they think the leadership was bolstered more by LSU's program.

7 hours ago, Going Commando said:

He's a twelfth year senior who finally had it all come together for him as a 45 year old playing on a power team behind a Joe Moore finalist line throwing 4,000 screen passes.

The highlights I saw weren't bubble screens.. but I appreciate your take.

13 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

If that's so, that puts the nail in the coffin for Howell (makes me wonder if we actually bring back Brissett). Quiet and calm but shy isn't exactly leadership material.

Daniels had poor leadership at ASU but good leadership at LSU right? Wonder what they make of that, or if they think the leadership was bolstered more by LSU's program.

I don't think anyone ever said he had poor leadership at ASU. His teammates got pissed when he entered the transfer portal and trashed his locker because they wanted him to stay. All of his old coaches still vouch for him (Herm Edwards, Antonio Pierce, Marvin Lewis, and Rob Likens his OC at ASU was just on Sheehan's podcast gushing about hum)

I think the question for him is going to be how he handled the adversity of the 2021 season and transferring to LSU to basically start over again and what he learned from all that. Plus what he learned and did to make his 2023 better than his 2022 season. 

This staff in particular really seems to want self-reflection, leadership and proof those they work with can handle adversity

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Jayden played well against Bama, but let's not act like they were some unstoppable defensive juggernaut this last season. They barely cracked the top 20 in most overall defense lists. Though I have no doubt that Saban threw some exotic looks in there.

I like that he had to play the hardest competition. Its one of the advantages he clearly has over Maye as a prospect.

I get that you can only play who is in front of you but JD has

-Played more than double the amount of ranked teams Maye has

-Played more top 10 teams then Maye has played top 25 teams

-Maye has never played a team that finished in the top 10

And yes, it is team assisted, but he showed out vs ranked teams far more than Maye did. Consistently showing up in the biggest spots raises questions about the presence of the un-quantifiable "clutch gene" everybody loves so much.

8 hours ago, illone said:

there just arent a volume of throws to analyze.

Thats why I went back and watched some of his high school stuff. He was in a different offense in high school. I think JJ is a second round QB. But the value of the position will raise him into the first. Plus you want that 5th year option, especially for a QB. 

9 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Am I the only one that’s thinks a trade up for Williams at #1 is still the clear front runner ?

75% trade up for Williams

15% take Daniels at #2

5% take Maye at #2

5% any other outcome…..

The Bears aren't trading out of that pick. They're going to trade Fields and then pick Williams. Anything else is a pipe dream.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Am I the only one that’s thinks a trade up for Williams at #1 is still the clear front runner ?

75% trade up for Williams

15% take Daniels at #2

5% take Maye at #2

5% any other outcome…..

Yes you are the only one.   This one is as obvious as the Cavs taking LeBron James. 

7 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Dude has shown the ability to hit all parts of the field and make every throw.

I disagree. There are literally zero opposite hash deep outs on his tape. I think I saw 3 on all of the tape I watched. And I have watched a lot. It could be its not part of their offensive route tree. Or it could be that they dont trust his arm enough to have it in the playbook. But to say he makes every throw is inaccurate imo.

5 hours ago, mistertim said:

Yeah it's a bit funny. "Daniels then used his 12 inch penis to scare defenders into leaving the field. His magnetic good looks then attracted the opposing team's cheerleaders to the point where they were taking their clothes off which then interrupted the defenders' concentration. Jayden's 198 IQ then allowed him to plan 841 steps ahead to decipher the defense he would be facing 3 years from today while simultaneously solving world hunger. Did I mention his 12 inch penis? I love him. PLEASE LOVE ME BACK JAYDEN DANIELS. PLEASE"

But he has smallish hands friend......Just saying. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I like that he had to play the hardest competition. Its one of the advantages he clearly has over Maye as a prospect.

I get that you can only play who is in front of you but JD has

-Played more than double the amount of ranked teams Maye has

-Played more top 10 teams then Maye has played top 25 teams

-Maye has never played a team that finished in the top 10

And yes, it is team assisted, but he showed out vs ranked teams far more than Maye did. Consistently showing up in the biggest spots raises questions about the presence of the un-quantifiable "clutch gene" everybody loves so much.

I feel like this gets overplayed a bit. He played 2 teams that were in the top 20 in defense (and both of those were barely in the top 20). And he also did it while being surrounded by a great OL and possibly the best skill positions group in college football.

He played well against some pretty decent teams, but you make it sound like he was going against top 5 defenses every week. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

56 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

If they dont believe in any of these guys than I hope they would take the massive haul of picks they would get to trade down. The last thing we want is them to force a pick because the fans think its the right thing to do. We have legit football guys running the organization now. I trust that they will do what they think is best for the long term health of the franchise. And if they are wrong they will get added to the pile of annual fired coaches and GM's in a few years.

• Like 1