Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

24 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

If he throws for 330 yards and four TDs, one of which gives us the lead with 13 seconds less in a postseason game against the chiefs, I’ll take it.

20 minutes ago, dunfer said:

Lets take a QB at every pick. we will line up 11 QBs on offense and odds are one of them will get us a Lombardi.

Joking aside that you need more than a qb and theres no need to wager what we dont have... good team and draft capital....id kill to have josh allen

6 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'm not gonna look it up but I'm pretty certain that would be by far he best 6 year stretch in franchise history from a single quarterback so yes I absolutely would take it and worry about all the other reasons we haven't made a superbowl. 

So you don’t want a Super Bowl. Great. Stay Medium.

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb down 2

Just now, MartinC said:

Do I want to draft Josh Allen - is that question? Hell yes!

That guy gives his team a chance at a Super Bowl every year. But then you have to put a team around him and get a couple of breaks.

Getting a Josh Allen level QB puts you in the conversation. 

Missed you off. You stay medium too…….

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I think that demonstrates the issue here. 

Say for example Drake Maye is the next Josh Allen.

As a fan, do you want Drake Maye to give you what Josh Allen has given the Bills for that last 6 years.

6 years from now, Drake Maye = Josh Allen 2018-2023

Is that the bar ?

23,000 passing yards, no Super Bowls.

Yay.

But its deeper than that. Do you want the guy who gets you to the playoffs and loses all of the time? If I had to bet my life savings on a guy who will eventually win one it would be Alllen. He is big, powerful and can will the team to a few wins when it matters. I say this knowing the only Mahomes comp in this draft will be taken by the Bears. Maybe Mahomes gets injured one season. Who is your pick to win it all then? Mine is Allen, and its not close. IF Maye is 80% of Allen we have to take him.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I think that demonstrates the issue here. 

Say for example Drake Maye is the next Josh Allen.

As a fan, do you want Drake Maye to give you what Josh Allen has given the Bills for that last 6 years.

6 years from now, Drake Maye = Josh Allen 2018-2023

Is that the bar ?

23,000 passing yards, no Super Bowls.

Yay.

He put them in position to beat the chiefs over and over and over again and the defense has let him down over and over and over again. Hell yes I'd take Josh Allen. 

• Like 9

Just now, clskinsfan said:

But its deeper than that. Do you want the guy who gets you to the playoffs and loses all of the time? If I had to bet my life savings on a guy who will eventually win one it would be Alllen. He is big, powerful and can will the team to a few wins when it matters. I say this knowing the only Mahomes comp in this draft will be taken by the Bears. Maybe Mahomes gets injured one season. Who is your pick to win it all then? Mine is Allen, and its not close. IF Maye is 80% of Allen we have to take him.

I want the guy that’s going to win the SB. That’s why the Chiefs jumped to #10 for Mahomes. 

The rest is white noise.

Just now, The Consigliere said:

He put them in position to beat the chiefs over and over and over again and the defense has let him down over and over and over again. Hell yes I'd take Josh Allen. 

So should we trade back and stack the defense ?

22 hours ago, mistertim said:

I think he meant more along the lines of not choking in the postseason.

Actually, I wasn't really considering "choking" in the playoffs. I wouldn't really feel its relevant, or fair, to tie someone else's struggles to Daniels just because he was comparable to said player. What I was really trying to reference was that QBs whose main strength is running just don't win in the postseason.

We just had our 58th straight Super Bowl that wasn't won by a running QB. That's not a coincidence. It's not impossible that one will eventually win one, but it's clearly an uphill battle. Ultimately, when it comes to postseason football, what wins is a QB who can run a strong passing offense. 

That I tie to Daniels, because he would have to do better than the best running QB in the league right now to win titles.

Also, Jackson is built better than Daniels, and his body doesn't whip lash at hard contact, yet he has missed the end of three of his six seasons in the league (one of those being knocked out of his last game). 

So, if you compare Daniels to Jackson, or frankly even if you don't, these are issues that come even with something of a best case result on his potential. Not because everything his comp does he will automatically do, but because he is that style of QB and the very best of that style of QB has those issues. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

What, Josh Harris has paid 6B not to win a Super Bowl in the next 6 years. And I’m weird…..

well at least explain yourself.  And personally, if Maye has Allen's talent great, but you better have some pieces around him or you will lose important games in the playoffs.  

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

So you don’t want a Super Bowl. Great. Stay Medium.

You're being absolutely ridiculous right now.

As if there's some way to know you're gonna get the next brady or mahomes.

Like Martin c said you get an elite quarterback and then you need a coach to put the rest of it together to create a winning formula, hopefully a dynasty formula like brady and mahomes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

The weather is the same brother. And so are the stadiums. 

NFCE ain’t the juggernaut it was. Picking a QB based on our division, which was the point in the article I quoted, is mad, isn’t it ?

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

You're being absolutely ridiculous right now.

As if there's some way to know you're gonna get the next brady or mahomes.

Like Martin c said you get an elite quarterback and then you need a coach to put the rest of it together to create a winning formula, hopefully a dynasty formula like brady and mahomes. 

People are continually making comparisons to QBs who have won nothing.

Who’s being ridiculous?

• Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Picking a QB based on our division, which was the point in the article I quoted, is mad, isn’t it ?

No its really not. I have sat my ass at games in the stadium that were awful. The weather matters. And late in the season you have no clue what it will be. 

14 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

you will lose important games in the playoffs.  

I mean....after the past 25 years this actually sounds kind of tasty....NGL.

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I mean....after the past 25 years this actually sounds kind of tasty....NGL.

I know. I know.  I thought about that after I posted it, but for me, personally, I think if we could do it, it would be great, but it would also get old for me quickly.  I have friend who is a die-hard Bills fan, and he lives in his own special hell place. I don't want that.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Ehhh, lets be honest here. With Josh Allen he can help you get to the playoffs but his multitude of turnovers and bonehead plays is part of why the Bills barely made the playoffs this year. 

I think these comps are silly because no careers are identical but Justin Herbert has done nothing, won 1 playoff game in 5 years with a ton of talent around him. Allen and Jackson have both struggled in the playoffs.

The person who has actually beaten Mahomes and gotten to the Super Bowl is the "weak" armed QB who had two elite WRs in college.

30 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

What, Josh Harris has paid 6B not to win a Super Bowl in the next 6 years. And I’m weird…..

You literally just asked us if we'd want an elite QB like Josh Allen and framed it as a negative thing. Yes, that's ****ing weird.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Which is horrifying. Burrow cant stay healthy. Daniels may be worse. But again if the staff thinks he is the one. I am good with it. 

And I agree 100% with this. Burrow cannot stay healthy but Daniels from everything I have read and looked at made major adjustments in his strength and conditioning, so he is more durable. I like Daniels, but it is that history, that is concerning. I personally think we are going to wind up with Maye, regardless.   And while we can make comparisons to Allen, and Burrow, they have not won anything. 

• Like 1