Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Interesting. Did he provide a source for this? I've been watching cutups of Daniels and I'm trying to figure out where these 2nd level and middle of the field numbers are coming from because I'm not see many of them on tape.

I just re-watched all of his plays vs Alabama and I counted 3 passes over the middle and 1 tight window out of 24 attempts.

Watch the video I posted earlier in this thread. Here is Nabers highlights from this season…ton of crossing routes

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

It’s William's or Daniels isn’t it. 

If he wants mahomes he wants what someone termed a culdesac qb. Uncanny feel for pressure and can move around behind the line until he finds his target. Mahomes isnt a runner, but hell pick up some yards and get down if you let him

• Like 2

Just now, BayouBrave86 said:

Watch the video I posted earlier in this thread. Here is Nabers highlights from this season…ton of crossing routes

I saw lots of shallow crossers too. I don't count shallow crossers or slants as 2nd level middle of the field. Those are 1st level. I saw tons of speed outs, shallow crossers, slants. It was usually either those or deep verticals.

44 minutes ago, ST_DaGoat21 said:

Doesn’t change the fact that the majority of his TDs were to open WRs on fade routes or jump balls to one on one matchups to WRs running fade routes.  

That.... is simply wrong. I predict Commanders take Maye at #2, and I think he fits the Kingsbury offense the best of the not-Caleb QBs, but I also think the misinformation in this thread, and let's not get it twisted, most of the negative nonsense is about Daniels, is a lotta bit out of control.

I think Maye is a better fit in D.C., but somebody is going to get a really really smart and athletic QB in Daniels.

Enjoy:

https://www.facebook.com/SECNetwork/videos/all-50-of-jayden-daniels-touchdowns-in-the-2023-regular-season/6785186698217726/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

That.... is simply wrong. I predict Commanders take Maye at #2, and I think he fits the Kingsbury offense the best of the not-Caleb QBs, but I also think the misinformation in this thread, and let's not get it twisted, most of the negative nonsense is about Daniels, is a lotta bit out of control.

I think Maye is a better fit in D.C., but somebody is going to get a really really smart and athletic QB in Daniels.

Enjoy:

https://www.facebook.com/SECNetwork/videos/all-50-of-jayden-daniels-touchdowns-in-the-2023-regular-season/6785186698217726/

Are you entirely sure that this video makes your case? There were a lot of throws to very open guys there.

Literally have provided two videos for you to watch with your own two eyes yet you continue to try and discredit the facts and video I’ve provided here. It really is bizarre the false narratives and assumptions being made in this thread with literally no facts to back up. :lol: And when I hit y’all with facts you still fail to believe what’s in front of you. 

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Are you entirely sure that this video makes your case? There were a lot of throws to very open guys there.

Was addressing this: "majority of his TDs were to open WRs on fade routes or jump balls to one on one matchups to WRs running fade routes."

So the answer to your question is yes.

And we also just had a repost of NFLChick's prior post of a graphic (from a much larger set covering the top 2024 QBs) showing that 21 of Daniels' 40 TD passes were in the middle of the field.

Others have said it more than once, but it bears repeating, again and again apparently - some of you guys are extremely defensive about Maye and hyper critical of Daniels. Odd.

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I saw lots of shallow crossers too. I don't count shallow crossers or slants as 2nd level middle of the field. Those are 1st level. I saw tons of speed outs, shallow crossers, slants. It was usually either those or deep verticals.

What are you looking for? There where plenty of throws 10-15 yard crosser over the middle in the air. Do you want a 20-30 yard cross into the middle of the field? That would take at least 4-4.5 seconds to develop.

21 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

It’s William's or Daniels isn’t it. 

Keim thinks they are just starting to dive in to the subject as to the FO and they will be methodical.   So we got a long way to go.  Interviews at the combine is the big start to this. 

He thinks Williams is very unlikely because he doesn't think they want to trade up everything being equal -- let alone the Bears reporter on his podcast mentioning they don't think the Bears will trade the pick. 

So i think its Maye versus Daniels with this regime.  If I had to bet, I'd bet on Maye because of the Air Raid background and ties betweem Kingsbury and Longo but yeah I bet it could be Daniels, too. 

But Daniels strong in the running too am sure, pun intended, considering Kingsbury had Murray and likes QBs who can run.  Drake can run but clearly not like Daniels.

https://keepingitheel.com/2022/11/14/unc-football-drake-maye-drawing-tons-early-nfl-attention/

While speaking to reporters, offensive coordinator Phil Longo confirmed that NFL teams are already salivating at the possibility of adding Maye to their future roster. Longo stated that NFL scouts are present every day to watch the Tar Heels practice

3 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Others have said it more than once, but it bears repeating, again and again apparently - some of you guys are extremely defensive about Maye and hyper critical of Daniels. Odd.

I think some of that is folk memories of being burnt with RG3. Which is not entirely logical but there are some similarities in the case of a mobile QB who takes way more big hits than you would like and concerns about durability. 

I lean towards Maye but would have no issues if we took Daniels - I think its very close between them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

When we signed Kliff and Johnson(Philly) I figured Daniels became the more likely pick in my mind given the offenses those former guys ran and the QBs they had and/or chased.

But if we aint running air raid, I don't know what we are doing on O so I'm retreating back to 50/50.

28 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Its Maye or Daniels IMO. Williams is going to the Bears.

I lean towards Maye but wont be worried if we take Daniels

Me too.

Whomever they choose the way I take it its a two fold thought.

A.  They like whichever QB better

B.  They think that QB is a better fit for their system

Drake and Daniels are so different stylistically.  And we can guess what this coaching staff wants but we don't know -- obviously they do.  So I trust the process. 

• Like 3

I really don't want us taking Daniels, purely because of the ridiculous levels of hype (and sheer defensiveness) of his fans on here. I get that College football is big over there but from someone with no axe to grind it's just childish. If anyone posts anything remotely critical of him there's instantly three or four people leaping to his defence. It's just so over the top.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

When we signed Kliff and Johnson(Philly) I figured Daniels became the more likely pick in my mind given the offenses those former guys ran and the QBs they had and/or chased.

But if we aint running air raid, I don't know what we are doing on O so I'm retreating back to 50/50.

All three of the top QBs in this class could easily fit a Kingsbury offense. They can all make plays when the things break down and they can all scramble/run.

Though with this tweet about comments by KK I get the feeling he's not necessarily looking for a guy who's going to run for a thousand yards, but more a guy who can extend plays with their legs and either find open guys downfield in a scramble drill or pick up some yardage to move the sticks.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, mistertim said:

All three of the top QBs in this class could easily fit a Kingsbury offense. They can all make plays when the things break down and they can all scramble/run.

Though with this tweet about comments by KK I get the feeling he's not necessarily looking for a guy who's going to run for a thousand yards, but more a guy who can extend plays with their legs and either find open guys downfield in a scramble drill or pick up some yardage to move the sticks.

I've said multiple times I believe they can all run that O.

But if the idea was to generally replicate the Kyler Murray O w/ a few twists... yeah JD's the guy.

But if we aint running air raid, who knows what we are doing.

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He thinks Williams is very unlikely because he doesn't think they want to trade up everything being equal -- let alone the Bears reporter on his podcast mentioning they don't think the Bears will trade the pick. 

Well the mere fact the Bears are waiting for the ‘historic offer’ keeps the door open for me. This FO is off the charts ambitious. I still see an offer going in for the #1 pick. We have best end of 90mil in cap space. What a perfect moment to go all in.

Of course I’m likely way off on that. But we don’t give the impression of an outfit that is sitting there saying “well let’s see who is there are #2 and take him”. I see more of, “who do we want, let’s go ****ing get him”…….

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I've said multiple times I believe they can all run that O.

But if the idea was to generally replicate the Kyler Murray O w/ a few twists... yeah JD's the guy.

But if we aint running air raid, who knows what we are doing.

What does having a guy who runs a lot have to do with the Air Raid offense?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Dont forget about JJ and Bo, both are in the mix if we trade down, although I think JJ will be in the mix at #2 after it's all said and done.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, illone said:

Dont forget about JJ and Bo, both are in the mix if we trade down, although I think JJ will be in the mix at #2 after it's all said and done.

I think McCarthy going #2 overall is about as likely as Maye or Daniels slipping to the end of the 1st round.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Well the mere fact the Bears are waiting for the ‘historic offer’ keeps the door open for me. This FO is off the charts ambitious. I still see an offer going in for the #1 pick. We have best end of 90mil in cap space. What a perfect moment to go all in.

Of course I’m likely way off on that. But we don’t give the impression of an outfit that is sitting there saying “well let’s see who is there are #2 and take him”. I see more of, “who do we want, let’s go ****ing get him”…….

I heard it would take an historic offer -- not that they are waiting for one.  Every insider covering the topic have said Bears going with Caleb.  i've not heard any equivocation.  the Bears beat reporter said more or less the same on Keim's podcast -- including saying jobs could be lost if they trade the top pick again and it backfires again.   She said to have even a Hail Mary shot at it -- it would likely take 3 first round picks and more including that haul as to trading up from pick #2.

i don't think F the draft picks is Peters ammo.  Keim doesn't think it is.  He believes they really really want to use their draft capital versus blow that all up on a trade up.

I'd say right now 1% chance tops Caleb is the QB here next year.  I'd increase the odds if Keim's tune changes or Caleb pulls an Eli.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

11 minutes ago, mistertim said:

What does having a guy who runs a lot have to do with the Air Raid offense?

Most of the people I have read who evaluate JD figure he would be best in a spread O that could take advantage of his legs.

I believe the bleacher report breakdown of Daniels specifically mentioned getting him in an O similar to Murray or Hurts as the most ideal... and we ended up getting the coaches who formed and ran those two programs.

I was not afraid of any of the 3 in an Air Raid O and Kliff and Johnson(Philly) both ran Os for Murray and Hurts that featured heavy use of Read option stuff.

While all 3 can all do that, it pretty obviously favors JD more.

But if Air Raid is now off the table, there is no guarantee they want to use RO stuff very much either.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

i don't think F the draft picks is Peters ammo.  Keim doesn't think it is.  He believes they really really want to use their draft capital versus blow that all up on a trade up.

I mean, we are loaded with picks and cap space. If they deem Williams the generational talent, you go all in right? This is a project being built for the long term. Getting that kind of QB at the cost of a few picks across 2024-26 seems the gamble to take. 

You essential get the generational QB in house until 2030 at least.

Too much short term thinking in these parts :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think McCarthy going #2 overall is about as likely as Maye or Daniels slipping to the end of the 1st round.

We have a loooong way to go man. At this time last year NOBODY was talking about Anthony Richardson as a top ten pick, but you saw what happened. 

Slightly different situation with JJ since he won the naty and will have Harbaugh singing his praises, but it's not crazy to think he will be one of the risers over the coming weeks.

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

I mean, we are loaded with picks and cap space. If they deem Williams the generational talent, you go all in right? This is a project being built for the long term. Getting that kind of QB at the cost of a few picks across 2024-26 seems the gamble to take. 

You essential get the generational QB in house until 2030 at least.

Too much short term thinking in these parts :)

We are in agreement. If Caleb is him then I have to think Kliffy is banging on a table in Ashburn... I am in the minority with my QB views on here, but I just dont think Maye or Daniels are "him". 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, illone said:

We are in agreement. If Caleb is him then I have to think Kliffy is banging on a table in Ashburn... I am in the minority with my QB views on here, but I just dont think Maye or Daniels are "him". 

Yeah, people don’t want to trade back because having extra picks is pointless without a stud QB.

However, the same people don’t want to trade up and give away equivalent picks to get a stud QB.

Go figure……