Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Sadly I think this is why people on here are souring on Daniels. If you talk bad about the man the death squad, which seems to be a few people who are LSU fans specifically, roll up and start blasting away any critique without budging. Its been tough to read peoples takes on here this year.ย 

ย 

Lol when this thread was all Maye all the time nobody had a problem with it.ย 

ย 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

ย 

Lol when this thread was all Maye all the time nobody had a problem with it.ย 

ย 

LOL. Point proven. People had plenty of criticisms of Maye and there wasnโ€™t nearly this level of eye rolling content between the discussions. Stopping now though, donโ€™t want to derail whateverโ€™s going on here.

Edited by mh86

43 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I watched him as well. Great era of football - but Steve Young beat teams with his arm not his legs.ย 

I never said that he beat people with his legs, I said he was a dual threat which means a QB capable of beating you with their arm or legs. Although they didn't do too many designed runs, that video I posted showed a couple of rollouts run by Young.ย  ย I mentioned Steve because I find it odd that no one mentions him when the whole dual-threat conversation comes up. Obviously, if you play QB, you have to be able to throw the ball.ย ย 

Edited by NOLA2DC

7 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Point proven. People had plenty of criticisms of Maye and there wasnโ€™t nearly this level of eye rolling content between the discussions.ย 

ย 

Thats because the vast majority were drooling over Maye? Lets be honest about this, just a few weeks ago there were pages upon pages upon pages of people proclaiming:

ย 

"Its over! We're getting Ben Johnson and Drake Maye!"

ย 

"There's no point in even talking about other QBs, Drake Maye will be the pick!"

ย 

"Maye is confirmed to be the pick because Ben Johnson went to UNC!"

ย 

"Oh Johnson and Maye is 100% happening. Book it."

ย 

"Nobody else can throw over the middle like Maye! He's the one for Ben Johnson!"

ย 

"We don't even need to talk about other QBs it's Maye."

ย 

Not just dismissing Daniels but dismissing any other QB and acting outright outraged if anyone dared to mention trading down. Now that more people are projecting a different QB might be possible at 2, it's a problem.ย 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

ย 

Thats because the vast majority were drooling over Maye? Lets be honest about this, just a few weeks ago there were pages upon pages upon pages of people proclaiming

"There's no point in even talking about other QBs, Drake Maye will be the pick!"

"Nobody else can throw over the middle like Maye! He's the one for Ben Johnson!"

ย 

Not just dismissing Daniels but dismissing any other QB and acting outright outraged if anyone dared to mention trading down. Now that more people are projecting a different QB might be possible at 2, it's a problem.ย 

Kinda sounds like a bunch of rabid dogs, huh๐Ÿ˜€

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

ย 

Thats because the vast majority were drooling over Maye? Lets be honest about this, just a few weeks ago there were pages upon pages upon pages of people proclaiming:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Yeah, those people werenโ€™t discussing the players. They were people excited about where we were going as a franchise. Then entered the stans. Keep trying though!

Edited by mh86

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

ย 

Not sure we know that.ย  It was cool he really picked it up big time on that front this season at LSU.ย  I posted some of those stories months back.ย  But I also mentioned that the stories somewhat suggest that he wasn't like this earlier in his career.

ย 

The other two are billed as hard workers too, so not sure we know who out works the other.ย 

Not surprising if he wasnโ€™t like that earlier in his career. They will do anything to raise their stock right before the draft. Lo and behold itโ€™s working. Just like when pros go extra hard in contract years. Question is will he coast after getting the bag like many pros do

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

ย 

In the mighty ACC at the same school that produced the mighty Sam Howell. I kid, I kid.๐Ÿ˜ These clips won't sway people's preference at this point and I'm cool with either guy.ย 

3 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Maye is just a better prospect and you cult of Daniels can't except it..

I guess that's why he won the Heisman, right? Who started with the cult label? I just have a preference. You guys act as if folks are running around getting Daniel tattoos.ย 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NOLA2DC said:

I never said that he beat people with his legs, I said he was a dual threat which means a QB capable of beating you with their arm or legs. Although they didn't do too many designed runs, that video I posted showed a couple of rollouts run by Young.ย  ย I mentioned Steve because I find it odd that no one mentions him when the whole dual-threat conversation comes up. Obviously, if you play QB, you have to be able to throw the ball.ย ย 

I donโ€™t think there is any argument that Young was capable of beating people with his legs - but he did it very sparingly. He was primarily a passer who could extend plays with his legs. He rarely ran and almost never ran by design. So I wouldnโ€™t call him a dual threat QB - because the threat to run was very much a last resort and rarely used.

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

ย 

Or we just disagree.ย 

It's a fact..he'sย  bigger , has a better arm and is younger..so what Daniels runs a 4.4 compared to a 4.6..Daniels is also a sub 200lb Qb that won't last a year running like he does..

Just now, bh32 said:

It's a fact..he'sย  bigger , has a better arm and is younger..so what Daniels runs a 4.4 compared to a 4.6..Daniels is also a sub 200lb Qb that won't last a year running like he does..

ย 

Do you think posting this is supposed to change my mind? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha 1

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

ย 

Do you think posting this is supposed to change my mind? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I donโ€™t think an act of God would change your mind on this ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

Which is OK by the way - as long as we all remember this is all just opinion and what we think plus $5 will buy a Latte.

• Thanks 1