Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Joe Burrow has never played Patrick Mahomes.

He has played the Chief's defense, though.

By this logic I could beat Tom Brady as long as my team is filled will 1st team NFL All-Pros and his is filled with high school JV players.

This is makes no sense. Cincy beat the Cheifs in the playoffs with Burrow and Mahomes as QBs. What are you talking about? The simple point was that a guy who won a Heisman beat Mahomes in a playoff matchup to get to the big dance. I think he's the only guy to do that outside of Brady. This is not even about Daniels, some of you guys don't want to acknowledge basic facts.  Both Williams and Daniels have Heisman trophies, but that doesn't mean they'll be Burrow or Lamar. They could be like Danny Wueffal and Jameis Winston.  

1 minute ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Yeah just like the SEC murdered him :lol:

I’m cracking up because all the Daniels detractors can do is try and respond with sarcastic and “witty” responses with pictures that are 3+ years old. It’s hard to argue against facts so I guess that is all they’re left with. And if you’re letting a few message board posters turn you against the young man, maybe you need to step back and reevaluate some things. 

How did this get so tribal?

I'm cracking up because I don't really care who we get and just want a top notch franchise quarterback and don't give a rats behind who that ends up being although I admittedly have leanings toward maye in thinking he's the more likely of the two.

Some around here are so set in their opinions that they're really starting to suck all the fun out of what should be a really fun time in our fandom.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, NOLA2DC said:

This is makes no sense. Cincy beat the Cheifs in the playoffs with Burrow and Mahomes as QBs. What are you talking about? The simple point was that a guy who won a Heisman beat Mahomes in a playoff matchup to get to the big dance. I think he's the only guy to do that outside of Brady. This is not even about Daniels, some of you guys don't want to acknowledge basic facts.  Both Williams and Daniels have Heisman trophies, but that doesn't mean they'll be Burrow or Lamar. They could be like Danny Wueffal and Jameis Winston.  

What I'm talking about is that saying "X QB beat Y QB" means zero as far as being a good QB. ****ty QBs have "beaten" HoF QBs before. It's an utterly meaningless statement because QBs don't play each other. They play the other team's defense.

Does the Burrow led offense beating the Chief's defense mean that Burrow is better than Mahomes?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Conn said:

*glances up at username*

This is an unbiased source everybody, it checks out. Take notes. 

:lol: I’ve only been backing up my stance with..*checks notes*…facts. 

6 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'm cracking up because I don't really care who we get and just want a top notch franchise quarterback and don't give a rats behind who that ends up being although I admittedly have leanings toward maye in thinking he's the more likely of the two.

Some around here are so set in their opinions that they're really starting to suck all the fun out of what should be a really fun time in our fandom.

I think we get a winner with Maye or Daniels. Each QB has their own issues and that’s what makes the speculation fun. Again I’m just here to dispel some of the false narratives being thrown around and bring actual stats to the conversation. Have I been a bit pompous about it? Yeah, but I also get annoyed when people just make up stuff on the fly. But that’s the internet I guess. This entire fanbase is broken after the last 30 years and I don’t remember this board being so hostile back in the early 2000s. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, redskinss said:

He's an LSU fan, so that's his tribe and he's sticking to it. Once we don't draft Daniels he'll disappear again. His last post before Daniels was on the radar was in 2022 saying he was done as a fan when we changed the name and would mostly watch Bengals games from now on.  :ols:

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, mistertim said:

He's an LSU fan, so that's his tribe and he's sticking to it. Once we don't draft Daniels he'll disappear again. His last post before Daniels was on the radar was saying he was done as a fan when we changed the name and would mostly watch Bengals games from now on.  :ols:

Yep and I did step away but then we got new ownership. A day I thought I’d never see. The name still needs to change to something else, but I’ll save that discussion for the name change thread.

A lot of people stepped away over the last few years in case you haven’t noticed. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

He's an LSU fan, so that's his tribe and he's sticking to it. Once we don't draft Daniels he'll disappear again. His last post before Daniels was on the radar was in 2022 saying he was done as a fan when we changed the name and would mostly watch Bengals games from now on.  :ols:

They've at least been around a while, the other two are brand new to the site and definitely give off the Ole oduaggie vibe if ya know what I mean.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Yep and I did step away but then we got new ownership. A day I thought I’d never see. The name still needs to change to something else, but I’ll save that discussion for the name change thread.

A lot of people stepped away over the last few years in case you haven’t noticed. 

Come off it, you're not fooling anyone. Your first post after renouncing your fanship was in the draft thread in November saying that Jayden Daniels was going to be a better Lamar Jackson. Stop pretending like it had to do with the ownership change.

Edited by mistertim
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, mistertim said:

Come off it, you're not fooling anyone. Your first post after renouncing your fanship was in the draft thread saying that Jayden Daniels was going to be a better Lamar Jackson. Stop pretending like it had to do with the ownership change.

:lol: I’ll still be here even if they don’t draft Daniels, sorry to disappoint you. I’ll be stoked with Maye as well. 

2 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

:lol: I’ll still be here even if they don’t draft Daniels, sorry to disappoint you. I’ll be stoked with Maye as well. 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Bloody Hell people have long memories of posting history in this place :rofl89:

It literally took me 30 seconds to find that info. Not exactly some heavy lift time or effort wise.

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, skinsfan66 said:

J. Brissett do you resign? If you draft Daniels they may want to keep him around as the backup.

Mahomes had the edges taken away in the S.B. by Bosa and others, while flushing him out out of the pocket, they had a plan and it worked for most of the game.  Andy Reid saved and called the perfect play to win the S.B.   Daniels will see a lot of this most likely. Can Daniels make plays like this in crunch time like Mahomes? He adapted all game took what little they gave him? If they think he is the one they will draft him.

I think resigning JB to a reasonable deal would be great. He's an experienced veteran, great teammate, great person, and in my opinion, the best backup QB in the NFL. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Bloody Hell people have long memories of posting history in this place :rofl89:

You're just hoping we've forgotten you spent your first 10 years here in Tailgate talking about the wrong kind of football 😋

• Haha 7

24 minutes ago, mistertim said:

What I'm talking about is that saying "X QB beat Y QB" means zero as far as being a good QB. ****ty QBs have "beaten" HoF QBs before. It's an utterly meaningless statement because QBs don't play each other. They play the other team's defense.

Does the Burrow led offense beating the Chief's defense mean that Burrow is better than Mahomes?

Did you know Taylor Heinikie beat Tom Brady?

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

And I'm also still a little gun shy on a slightly undersized quarterback with good but questionable arm talent, electric leg talent who had one good year in a tough conference and won the Heisman trophy as a result. 

The parallels between daniels and rg3 are all there.

Doesn't mean they'll have the same career arc but it scares me is all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Did you know Taylor Heinikie beat Tom Brady?

Thinking we might bring TH back since he and the new QB will have both played football in college.  Would be a great mentor since they would have that common link.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

And I'm also still a little gun shy on a slightly undersized quarterback with good but questionable arm talent, electric leg talent who had one good year in a tough conference and won the Heisman trophy as a result. 

The parallels between daniels and rg3 are all there.

Doesn't mean they'll have the same career arc but it scares me is all.

Can certainly understand your concern. He is 6’4 though just slight of build. Go look at Lamar while at Louisville. One thing I will say is JD5 isn’t damaged goods coming out of college like RG3 was. I think Penix is the closest comparison to RG3. Insane talent but a huge injury risk. 

Edited by BayouBrave86