Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Are the Colts even an attractive destination at this point?

Jeff Saturday is the current coach for crying out loud. Who wants to willingly donate their body to that cause?

I dunno, they have had up and down seasons.  I'd say it depends on who the next head coach is.  They have one of the best running backs in the league when healthy.  

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That would go against everything he’s said publicly about what he wants from his next opportunity.

This was brought up on the McAfee show yesterday.  Apparently he liked this tweet.  Payton can chose anywhere he wants to go, but the Chargers made the playoffs so I don't see a coaching change there.  Same with Dallas.  

Carr will probably get traded before released. Teams that could want him 

Nyj

No

Us

Car

Tenn

Ind

Tb

They will get something for him. I don't think he will take a pay cut. Possible trade could already be done just not public? Could see Brady for Carr deal if all parties agree . I think the price for him may be higher then we thought.

Edited by Redskins 2021

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

He is probably my favorite for the under 10 million category

Might be a tough sell if we have a new owner.

Who wants to walk out of the tunnel as the new owner and savior of our franchise, swaggering like Vince McMahon, only to announce Jacoby Brissett as the starting QB?

I know they’re sitting down their quarterback, who I think is a real good player

2 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Might be a tough sell if we have a new owner.

Who wants to walk out of the tunnel as the new owner and savior of our franchise, swaggering like Vince McMahon, only to announce Jacoby Brissett as the starting QB?

You wouldn't buy a Brissett jersey?

3 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

The man leaves significant yards and points on the field every single game.  Washington has no chance of a deep playoff run with Heinicke.  His throws and decision-making are frightening. Wentz' arm gives the team a chance.

The worst part is that it seems like other teams ALWAYS get points off our turnovers, but we can never get any off the other team. Even when the defense plays well, the offense is still a let down.

• Like 1

I’ve long been accustomed to cold takes from the average fan of this team you encounter on social media over the years.

What is kind of wild to me though are the amount of non-Ders fans that are drunk on Heine.  It’s almost as if all they know are the moxie moments and the record but haven’t actually watched the games.  I’m even seeing some folks say he was never given a chance.  Huh?  If they like him so much, let their teams sign him to a deal this offseason.

• Like 2

Im am not pimping yet for Brissett, i am just going right now purely on stats and his teammates loving him.  But as for cheap QBs who aren't too bad, PFF backs that too

As I mentioned stats wise, if he played the full season he would have exeeded 300 yards on the ground, and he's a big dude who can take punishment.  PFF grades his running on an elite level, over 90 score

Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 3.31.34 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You wouldn't buy a Brissett jersey?

Can I get one with velcro name lettering so I can replace it by week 3 when Brissett gets benched?

For real, I'm sure he's a fine bridge QB, but he's not a franchise guy and not something that's going to drum up a lot of excitement for a franchise that is desperately in need of some.

Edited by ExoDus84

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think if Wentz plays well, he ends up the guy.

If not my bets are on

A. Jimmy G.  I think he's the favorite

<SNIP>

I have a LOT fewer places I hear things than you, but would it make sense to put Lance on the trading block? I don't know any of the ramifications, it's just something I heard. Stick with the guy who's good, lowest contract possible, Jimmy stays as a vet, trade out Lance.

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I have a LOT fewer places I hear things than you, but would it make sense to put Lance on the trading block? I don't know any of the ramifications, it's just something I heard. Stick with the guy who's good, lowest contract possible, Jimmy stays as a vet, trade out Lance.

I’m not sure I follow.  Jimmy G is going to be significantly more expensive than Lance.  If anything, Purdy has shown that he’s a capable backup.