Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I just need to be clear that it’s not unlikely Wentz won’t stink in his own way.

Its just all the reasons we’ve been told that Taylor must play, have proven to be BS and he’s gifting points to the opposition to boot.

Wentz is more than capable of holding the ball too long, misidentifying the blitz, walking into sacks and turning it over.  He’s also capable of handing the ball off a ton and actually throwing for touchdowns.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Who do you want to replace him with this season? He plays better then Wentz with this group. Wentz gets sucked like 8 or 9 times a game.End of the year you can get someone else but he probably gives us the best chance to win this year.

Howell. There is no present or future with Taylor. Find out some sort of info on the only legitimate option we have. Pick 256 is playing and decently. Make it happen and make it work. 

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

Howell. There is no present or future with Taylor. Find out some sort of info on the only legitimate option we have. Pick 256 is playing and decently. Make it happen and make it work. 

I am not throwing Howell out there for his first career start to be on the road against the best defense in the league. He's gonna get destroyed behind this OL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is me looking for all the decisiveness and shifty pocket maneuvering I’ve heard about.  

Dudes wide open in the middle of the field and Heinicke is holding the ball, running into sacks, showing zero awareness for pressure and gifting the other team the ball and points.

I blame the refs. I read on Twitter that they snuck into Heinicke's house this morning and put poison in his breakfast Moxie-O's cereal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dude provides nothing. He does not do anything well. Even when he ran today he got absolutely creamed at the end of two of the three.

Why is he out there? Any QB can go out there and have multiple turnovers, get sacked and hand the ball off a ton. At least run a guy who can provides something. We don't have a guy that we can be confident in to deliver even average QB play, but you do have 2 other guys that you know without a doubt have the ability to provide elements TH can not.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1

You have to look past the stats in reg. to the defense. They didn't suck tonight no, but they simply failed in every big situation. Ultimately they still kept us in the game, but they didn't make the big stop or the big game changing play. No sacks. No takeaways. Couldn't stop their best player with the game on the line. That kind of thing. 

But absolutely the offense is a lot more to blame. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think Ron has just been waiting for the okay from the locker room to move on.  

Putting in Wentz can't be any worse. If it is then you put Taylor back in I guess. I really didn't care for this year to begin with and then I get sucked in when it looked like we might have a shot to get to the playoffs. I said before play them both. Do whatever it takes. Just get it done no matter what since we have come so close now too. 

I really want to see Howell start next year. Well at least I am hoping he wins the starting job. 

Maybe Taylor needs to stay in so folks that were saying he couldn't come out  because we were winning we don't have to have this conversation again.

Okay, you won, Ron doesn't want to take him out and good chance he won't because we were winning and locker room has his back.

Keep that same energy now that we haven't won a game this month and might not since our last one is in San Francisco.

Congratulations...there are no more Texans left on the schedule, it's all Real Mccoy or not from here.  Don't get squttle feet when we start losing when folks been warning about this stretch of the season since at least Thanksgiving.

Please, don't come out with the "it's not working, we may have to try something different" hot takes now, it's too late now be trying out other QBs as hard as any of these remaining games are gonna be to win.  The time to test who's best to be behind center has come and gone now.

So please, jus own it and hope for the best...

Edited by Renegade7

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

You have to look past the stats in reg. to the defense. They didn't suck tonight no, but they simply failed in every big situation. Ultimately they still kept us in the game, but they didn't make the big stop or the big game changing play. No sacks. No takeaways. Couldn't stop their best player with the game on the line. That kind of thing. 

But absolutely the offense is a lot more to blame. 

They made several stops we just couldn't capitalize except on that one drive.

The defense didn't have their best game tonight no doubt but they only gave up 13 points.

In order for the defense to have won this for us they would have had to hold the giants to under 8 points and it's just not fair to them to expect them to be dominant every week or take the blame.

Had we not given up the fumble touchdown and gotten one more field goal to win 15 to 13 the narrative of the defensive performance would be much different. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zCommander said:

Putting in Wentz can't be any worse. If it is then you put Taylor back in I guess. I really didn't care for this year to begin with and then I get sucked in when it looked like we might have a shot to get to the playoffs. I said before play them both. Do whatever it takes. Just get it done no matter what since we have come so close now too. 

I really want to see Howell start next year. Well at least I am hoping he wins the starting job. 

sure it can be.  We could end up doing all the negative stuff that happens with Taylor, while excluding Terry McLaurin from the offense like early in the season, and a higher ceiling QB could result in a more pass happy offense that then excludes Brian Robinson too

5 hours ago, Destino said:

I can’t imagine there will be a QB change behind this offensive line.  Wentz can’t exist behind a line this bad and you’re not going to get a rookie killed.  TH is more the sacrifice than the starter at this point.  

They haven’t been great.

But what is supposed to be a plus with Heinicke is his familiarity with the system, so he can get the ball out faster.  Several times last night there were guys streaking high school open and he simply didn’t throw it.  Perhaps he’s too short to see over the scrum.  He also seems to never have any idea where the pressure is coming from hence the strip sacks two weeks in a row.

Tough task to ask Wentz to come in cold to an offense he’s not that familiar with and be the type of decisive he’ll need to be.  It is likely he takes those sacks as well.  Also tough to ask a rookie to do the same.  But to just keep trotting out Heinicke is equivalent to punting the season.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, redskinss said:

They made several stops we just couldn't capitalize except on that one drive.

The defense didn't have their best game tonight no doubt but they only gave up 13 points.

In order for the defense to have won this for us they would have had to hold the giants to under 8 points and it's just not fair to them to expect them to be dominant every week or take the blame.

Had we not given up the fumble touchdown and gotten one more field goal to win 15 to 13 the narrative of the defensive performance would be much different. 

they only gave up 20 two weeks before and had plenty of time to plan for the same offense again, while that offense laid an egg in the week we were off

People are blaming the defense because there are expectations for relatively quality play.

People aren’t blaming the offense because with our QB and OL there is no reason to think they could do well.

And that tells you everything about our QB position at the moment.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, MrJL said:

while that offense laid an egg in the week we were off

This is what I'm talking about though.

That offense that "laid and egg" as you put it, scored 22 on the eagles but 13 on us but because they got blown out in the eagles game and beat us the perception is changed.

• Like 1

Just now, redskinss said:

This is what I'm talking about though.

That offense that "laid and egg" as you put it, scored 22 on the eagles but 13 on us but because they got blown out in the eagles game and beat us the perception is changed.

wasn't one of them a garbage time TD?  According to this board, those don't count