Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

36 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

No.

We are making passive/agressive "joking" comments comparing Mayfield to Heinicke and then clutching our pearls when a "hive" member comments on it.

The only way you could think my initial post about Mayfield’s moxie was not meant to be funny is if you think I actually have a moxie scale that stretches at least to “cosmic”. 

And you know what? I’d like to live in that world. Let’s go with that. 

(it was actually just a drive-by joke aimed at the few people who think “moxie” is something you can build around or depend on, using  the example of a much-maligned, infamously ‘chip-on-his-shoulder’ type QB who just had an incredible comeback that I assumed a good percentage of ESers were watching on TNF. I figured most people would get a kick out of the comparison and tried to exaggerate enough to not actually trigger anyone’s Heinicke Defense Systems. But I failed). 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

:ols:

Most people: "Heinicke threw a bunch of balls that should have been intercepted but weren't"

Hive: "Almost interceptions don't count!"

Most people: "Baker Mayfield looked pretty impressive coming in cold to a new system"

Hive: "Mayfield threw a bunch of balls that should have been intercepted but weren't"

Baker didn't look "pretty impressive" he led a 98 yard drive which started with an INT that was called back due to holding - if no hold than it is a pick 6. One of the defenders knocks the ball out of his hand in an effort to take more time off the clock under 2 mins and no TO and that was a penalty. Two brain farts by the D that allowed the Rams to move the chains. 

The offense they ran was similar to what he ran in Carolina. So really not coming in cold. 

So it really wasn't a cosmic moxie. A QB who was drafted in the first round and has been playing since should be more than capable of running a 2 minute drive. It is not rocket science. Was I impressed? Not really. Knowing how Baker plays I knew he could do it though. He pulled it off and got a little help from the Raiders D to boot. 

Edited by zCommander
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

I actually have a moxie scale that stretches at least to “cosmic”. 

And you know what? I’d like to live in that world. Let’s go with that. 

Do you really? 

Maybe we could get a moxie meter added to posts, instead of the thumbs.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

How much different was the play calling and scheme in last night's game from what Mayfield was using in Carolina (or even in Cleveland)? Anyone know?...Did McVay tailor the offense to help Mayfield adjust quicker? He's the offensive genius, after all....would seem to make sense that he did, even if he just pared it down to the basic passing concepts that almost all offenses have in their playbook. We always say Turner pares down the playbook for Heinicke, would make sense if McVay did something similar for a QB on a short week. Also, Mayfield was sucking eggs for 3 straight quarters, and the offense only scored 3 points. Was the "2 Days/New Playbook" excus--er, explanations why? Can a seasoned veteran QB find himself getting his footing and bearings in a new offense by just playing, or does he need months of practice first? Or did the play calling change in the 4th quarter with them being down by 13? Did the Raiders start to let up and let the clock be the enemy of the Rams' comeback attempt? Wouldn't be the first team to do so. 

Tim And Eric Mind Blown GIF

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Anyway lol...the reason I came on this thread to begin with, before I derailed myself:

Carson Wentz better be one of those "others" lol...

Do you really think Wentz has the moxie to have that kind of social media presence? 

I agree that he better though! OR ELSE!

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Do you really? 

Maybe we could get a moxie meter added to posts, instead of the thumbs.

You couldn’t handle what comes after cosmic. It’s not meant for the eyes and hearts of mortal men. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

So now we’re downplaying Mayfield’s accomplishment by saying switching teams isn’t a big deal and veteran quarterbacks should be able to do it (patently false. So false it’s scary, by the way).

At the same time we value Heinicke’s playbook knowledge.

You can’t make this up :ols:

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So now we’re downplaying Mayfield’s accomplishment by saying switching teams isn’t a big deal and veteran quarterbacks should be able to do it (patently false. So false it’s scary, by the way).

At the same time we value Heinicke’s playbook knowledge.

You can’t make this up :ols:

In one game, decades of "knowing the playbook" value has just evaporated into thin invaluable air. 

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Conn said:

The only way you could think my initial post about Mayfield’s moxie was not meant to be funny is if you think I actually have a moxie scale that stretches at least to “cosmic”. 

Nope.

Put another way...I'll use the logic that many have used--and even told me they use--towards "Hive" members:

*ahem*

"They are always slamming Heinicke and the fans who like him. And *Conn is one of the worst, just read his previous posts I responded to. So I know what he really meant, even if he's pretending it was just a joke."

I'm paraphrasing, but that's what I've read numerous times on this thread when others refuse to believe some of the "Hive" members here or take them at their word. Can't have it both ways...refusing to take a "hive" member at their word that they didn't mean some comment the way some here interpreted it...then become upset when a "hive" member doesn't take you at your word that you didn't mean your comment the way they interpreted it.

*You're not anywhere even in the vicinity of the worst lol...I just put that in there for effect.

32 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Do you really think Wentz has the moxie to have that kind of social media presence? 

I agree that he better though! OR ELSE!

I'm not sure he has ANY on Twitter lol...I think I follow him there ("think" I do). Actually I don't think Heinicke is on Twitter, either, assuming that pic was from Instagram.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

One last thing, and then I'm stopping (promise lol)...

When Conn (I hope it was Conn, I might be wrong) said this:

"Hope the Heinicke crowd took note of what cosmic-level moxie looks like tonight with Baker Mayfield"

He wasn't just "tipping his cap" to say Mayfield impressed him. He wasn't just making a comment about Baker Mayfield...he was also making a comment about certain fans on this thread. If it were just about Mayfield there would be no reason to include the comment about the "Heinicke crowd". It would have instead read something like this:

"Baker Mayfield showed what cosmic-level moxie looks like tonight."

I'm not sure why there seemed to be a need to also take jabs at fans here who like Heinicke, but to me anyway, that's exactly what that first original comment did. I would have been just as irritated if one of the Heinicke crowd immediately chimed in after last night's game commenting with something like "Hope the Heinicke haters took note of how INT-worthy passes don't etc, etc, blah blah.." (which I've seen before as well). I usually ignore both sides except for those occasions where for some reason I just go like:

Oh Come On GIF

But this is like Hatfields vs McCoys feud now lol...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Of the 969 pages of this incredibly redundant pile of sadness that we call a QB thread, the last page or so might be the lowest point we’ve hit.

Cant even make a joke about another dude having “more moxie” than the beloved Heinicke without litigating said moxie levels.

It was not a joke. It was a jab at Taylor's supporters as the sentence started with hey Heinicke crowd take a note... could have just said "Man Baker got some real moxie on that 98 yard tD drive."

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, zCommander said:

It was not a joke. It was a jab at Taylor's supporters as the sentence started with hey Heinicke crowd take a note... could have just said "Man Baker got some real moxie on that 98 yard tD drive."

I dunno man, it’s hard enough for me to take moxie seriously on its own, much less when “cosmic level” is added to it.

I stand by my statement that this whole back and forth is incredibly sad.  

Z just waiting around like…

say something lol GIF by Shalita Grant

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

For a group of people accustomed to saying laughable things, some of you aren’t very good at laughing at yourselves. Really, the lightest of in-joke mockery sends you off on a day-long tangent? 

I can be annoying, and I make fun of myself. When you’re being annoying, you can be damn sure people will make fun of that. Just embrace it. We’re all masochistic idiots riding a weird, unsustainable streak here. Hopefully right into the playoffs. But it’s embarrassing to take yourself so seriously that you would actually take what I said as a “jab”. This is an open post, for anyone who feels personally victimized by my jab, I apologize for my misread of the situation. And I guess I should also apologize for technically calling you annoying, embarrassing, masochistic idiots in this post, if we’re keeping score. 

It was supposed to be a passing joke that we’re all in on, including the people it’s aimed at lol

Edited by Conn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

One last thing, and then I'm stopping (promise lol)...

When Conn (I hope it was Conn, I might be wrong) said this:

"Hope the Heinicke crowd took note of what cosmic-level moxie looks like tonight with Baker Mayfield"

He wasn't just "tipping his cap" to say Mayfield impressed him. He wasn't just making a comment about Baker Mayfield...he was also making a comment about certain fans on this thread. If it were just about Mayfield there would be no reason to include the comment about the "Heinicke crowd". It would have instead read something like this:

"Baker Mayfield showed what cosmic-level moxie looks like tonight."

I'm not sure why there seemed to be a need to also take jabs at fans here who like Heinicke, but to me anyway, that's exactly what that first original comment did. I would have been just as irritated if one of the Heinicke crowd immediately chimed in after last night's game commenting with something like "Hope the Heinicke haters took note of how INT-worthy passes don't etc, etc, blah blah.." (which I've seen before as well). I usually ignore both sides except for those occasions where for some reason I just go like:

Oh Come On GIF

But this is like Hatfields vs McCoys feud now lol...

You always seem to remain neutral. I had to double check who posted. Lol

You have become prey to the mob. 

Edited by wit33

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim on with Finlay. I was doing something else at the time so wasn’t fully concentrating but if I heard him right his prediction is next year the likely starting QB isn’t on the roster now with Heinicke and Howell coming back 

I think you have to go Howell, Heineke, another rookie. Maybe trade up a bit to get a Richardson and a lot depends on the draft process and the mental makeup of these guys, but that’s what I’d do. I would not chase another veteran unless it’s Aaron rodgers for like a single first or tom Brady walking through the door as a FA (neither of which I’m convinced will happen).