Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I mean on the last drive we threw the ball from our own ~10 yard line and Heinicke got crushed by an unblocked Thibodeaux, almost resulting in a Safety. You can't say the coaches didn't trust him if they're calling pass plays, but we simply could not block anymore at that point in the game. 

But they did continue to trust him up until OT. On that drive before OT he almost threw 2 picks. I doubt they suddenly realized after that drive that the OL was shaky. I'm guessing that might have been part of it, but it was more that they saw Heinicke was basically spazzing and trying to push and it would eventually end in a likely turnover.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean on the last drive we threw the ball from our own ~10 yard line and Heinicke got crushed by an unblocked Thibodeaux, almost resulting in a Safety. You can't say the coaches didn't trust him if they're calling pass plays, but we simply could not block anymore at that point in the game. 

If we have two 3rd string OL including Nick Martin playing than it won't matter who the QB is. That combination simply can not pass protect for diddly poo.

Schweitzer can play center.  If Turner/Cosmi are healthy, I'd start Wes at center.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

If we have two 3rd string OL including Nick Martin playing than it won't matter who the QB is. That combination simply can not pass protect for diddly poo.

If it doesn't matter either way then put in Carson and see if moxie is contagious.

5 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Most likely, we are back to where we were before this season, looking for a long term answer at QB.

And I see none on the horizon. They are drafting in the middle of the first round in a shallow draft with plenty of teams in front of them with Needs. FA is looking blehhh which isnt surprising. Good QBs don't make it to FA. So guess what the 2023 season will be exactly the same as 2022 where we end up in exactly the same spot in 2024 offseason with no QB fix. 

They need to either aggressively find out if some miracle is available for Young or if some how Lamar makes it to the tag. If not they need to blow the entire thing up. They cant continue to sit in the middle and have no answer for QB.

Just now, Zim489 said:

And I see none on the horizon. They are drafting in the middle of the first round in a shallow draft with plenty of teams in front of them with Needs. FA is looking blehhh which isnt surprising. Good QBs don't make it to FA. So guess what the 2023 season will be exactly the same as 2022 where we end up in exactly the same spot in 2024 offseason with no QB fix. 

They need to either aggressively find out if some miracle is available for Young or if some how Lamar makes it to the tag. If not they need to blow the entire thing up. They cant continue to sit in the middle and have no answer for QB.

Brady is a FA :)

3 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I feel like you can trade up from a mid first to 5-10 with a decent price sometimes that can give you a crack at a high ceiling guy.  But yeah, pretty high chance we're doing this for a few years.  I just hope Rivera doesn't spend too much capital going after fool's gold in the meantime.

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

I feel like you can trade up from a mid first to 5-10 with a decent price sometimes that can give you a crack at a high ceiling guy.  But yeah, pretty high chance we're doing this for a few years.  I just hope Rivera doesn't spend too much capital going after fool's gold in the meantime.

That won't be a low price. It will be two 1sts at least most likely. So you'd better really like the guy.

Contrary to popular belief I think a lotta teams would pass on heinicke as a backup even our offense looks like a high school one, granted a high school powerhouse that has playmakers everywhere but still that’s the best out offense has looked under heinicke, i dont care what our win loss record is we aren’t gaining elite competitiveness  with him sadly lord of other components are elite for this team right now and Heinicke is holding the team down….

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

The Chiefs traded up from mid 20s to top 10 for Mahomes. Cost a future 1 and some change but it wasn't an RG3 type bounty. I think it's because they kinda came out of nowhere to draft a guy nobody saw coming so teams couldn't squeeze out more in a trade.

3 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Contrary to popular belief I think a lotta teams would pass on heinicke as a backup even our offense looks like a high school one, granted a high school powerhouse that has playmakers everywhere but still that’s the best out offense has looked under heinicke, i dont care what our win loss record is we aren’t gaining elite competitiveness  with him sadly lord of other components are elite for this team right now and Heinicke is holding the team down….

I think Taylor is only playing because of Turners presence. If he wasn’t here he wouldn’t have a job. And once Turner is gone he won’t have another 

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Proud of the way TH played Today.   Stood in there and made plays despite horrid protection.   I don't blame the O-Lineman solely.  Why are TE's blocking DE's in dropback situations?

Was Spurrier calling plays?

He had one amazing drive at the end of the game but played mediocre at best, or crappy at worst for the other 95% of it. He also nearly threw 2 back breaking INTs in the last drive before OT, which would have pretty much ensured a win by NYG. The coaches had so little faith in him not going out and doing it again, that they basically refused to let him pass the ball in OT.

Outside of that last drive, and a nice play for the TD on the 1st drive of the game, it wasn't a great day for him.

Edited by mistertim
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Chiefs traded up from mid 20s to top 10 for Mahomes. Cost a future 1 and some change but it wasn't an RG3 type bounty. I think it's because they kinda came out of nowhere to draft a guy nobody saw coming so teams couldn't squeeze out more in a trade.

They also didn’t know it was for a QB. Every team out there is going to gouge us for a trade up knowing it’s for a QB. 

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

He had one amazing drive at the end of the game but played mediocre at best, or crappy at worst for the other 95% of it. He also nearly threw 2 back breaking INTs in the last drive before OT, which would have pretty much ensured a win by NYG. The coaches had so little faith in him not going out and doing it again, that they basically refused to let him pass the ball in OT.

Outside of that last drive, and a nice play for the TD on the 1st drive of the game, it wasn't a great day for him.

Sounds like Wentz, minus the run game. Same dude the hivers wants to avoid 

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Top flight quarterbacks who squeeze a throw past a defender are amazing. Heinicke does it and EHHHRRMAGEERD IT COULD HAVE BEEN PICKED 

He did it multiple times and they should have been picked. They weren't picked off out of sheer luck. It wasn't him threading the needle, it was him trying to force dumb throws he can't make and getting bailed out by whatever god he must be sacrificing 300 goats to before every game.

The coaches clearly agreed seeing as how they refused to put the game in his hands after that last drive before OT.

Edited by mistertim

11 minutes ago, mistertim said:

They let him throw from his own 10 in OT, but nobody decided to block Thibodeaux. 

18 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Please correct me if I am wrong but we only spent cash and no draft capital for CW? Are we off the hook for the #2 for Wentz?