Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

15 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Wentz plays scared.  Terry McLaurin didn't just start getting open against Green Bay.  Pre-snap, Wentz would see that 17 drew a good DB and would write him off before the play began.  He's a nice guy I suppose.  But utterly gutless on the field now.  

Wait, the guy known for forcing passes and bad interceptions is gutless now?

Ok.

Anyway, thought this was funny, NSFW language:

Spoiler

And jus want to add, Jimmy isn't jus Mediocre, he's bad enough that even though he went to the super bowl his team tried to replace him with a 1st round pick. 

We shouldn't need to keep learning this lesson over and over again the hard way, one teams trash QB is NOT another teams treasure...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@Renegade7 when did heinicke get a win against Ben and the Steelers? Was it when he was on the panthers?

Last year or whenever they were 11-0. Two years ago maybe? I don’t know, it all blends together.

Edited by KDawg
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

I would say Fitzpatrick has the better arm, but Heinicke is better at escaping and moving around in the pocket.  

At this age, I agree.  But at a younger age Fitz might have actually been even more elusive.  Heck even at a older age,  Fitz actually lead the Dolphins in rushing a few years ago.

People don't think of Fitz as a runner but he's sneaky decent at it.  I recall being at the Tampa game in 2018 and being frustrated by how our he'd escape in the pocket versus our defense.

I think Fitz is a good comparison to Heinicke.  But I also think Fitzpatrick was a better QB than Heinicke.

The way Heinicke floats his passes, makes me cringe.  Fitzpatrick has a real NFL arm, below average, granted, but not a mile off at least average velocity.  Heinicke IMO is like Colt McCoy, he doesn't have a real starter velocity.  If he had that, I'd really dig him.  Also, his accuracy is medicore at best.  But he is certainly streaky similar in that regard to Fitzpatrick.

But I give that Heinicke has a lot of Rudy in him.  He is fearless.  Plays with moxie.  And like Fitzpatrick his teammates respond to him.  

I think Heinicke as I've said exposed Wentz.    The team plays with oomph and more fire than they did with Wentz.  I give him major props in that context.  so overall, i am hardcore that Heinicke isn't the solution to our QB siutation.  I am at a 0 out of 10 at believing that he's the guy.  But I do think its debatable as for him versus Wentz in the context of this team.  Wentz IMO is distinctly more talented.    But as i mentioned he plays a bit flat for my taste and he clealy doesn't inspire this team and Heinicke to some extent does. 

But I am with @KDawgamong others in that I do think Howell at least in theory might be the perfect marriage about what Wentz brings and Heinicke.   I'll grant every rookie is a wild card so I don't know.

But Howell has a major league arm and has even better mobility than Heinicke. He's not the extrovert that Heinicke is.  But he plays with moxie and if you recall the team got pumped up watching him making some plays in the preseason.

I am pretty sold that Heinicke or Wentz aren't the answers.  Howell intrigues me at least.  I've seen enough that either Wentz or Heinicke don't intrigue me at all.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Last year or whenever they were 11-0. Two years ago maybe? I don’t know, it all blends together.

According to this, as a starter, this is who TH has played against. He has never played against Ben as a starter. That meme is inaccurate I would imagine.  

th.thumb.jpg.fec4b75f1c584c585162cecf3405ad36.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, zCommander said:

According to this, as a starter, this is who TH has played against. He has never played against Ben as a starter. That meme is inaccurate I would imagine.  

th.thumb.jpg.fec4b75f1c584c585162cecf3405ad36.jpg

He struck out Aaron Judge last night so this list is missing some games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@Renegade7 when did heinicke get a win against Ben and the Steelers? Was it when he was on the panthers?

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I genuinely have no idea, Alex was starter for the 2020 upset in Pittsburgh. 

I thought the meme was funny, but closest I can find is Taylor beating the Steelers in 2018 preseason.  He didn't start or play in the 2018 regular season matchup, which Steelers blew Cam and the Panthers out.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

The only game I see missing is the Chargers game from last year since he wasn't the starter in that game and came in when Fitz got hurt. 

Nah, where’s the one where he hit the pick and roll against the Heat?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

The Wentz revenge game won't include Carson or Matt Ryan.   crazy.  

No. The schedule makers thought it was the Carson revenge game. But they had no idea it will be Irsay vs. Snyder instead. :806:

trex-slap-fight-dino.gif

Edited by zCommander
  • Haha 7

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Didn't get to watch the game live yesterday, was at a funeral of a close friend (seriously, **** cancer...just **** it) but I watched the replay and I'll give props to Heinicke. He had some blunders but he rallied and had a good game.

****, I’m sorry man 😔

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I did, too, and got blasted on this thread for it lol...

I basically gave up this offseason on it. I've been through so many QB moves that I hated and got blasted so many times as a hater or whatever other nonsense. With Wentz, all the people swearing everything on him, even somehow going back to his Philly days, was somehow an Irsay smear campaign. 

I just lost the energy for the fight this time. 

• Like 2

Yeah we should probably pump some of the brakes on the Heinicke uber-praise.  He had a pretty good 2nd half, but there was nothing about his performance overall that looked new or different or surprising.  It just re-iterates that he is who he is and there is a ceiling there.  With the defense and running game, it is going to help him out immensely, and the biggest factor for me was that once they took the lead they never played from behind the entire rest of the game. That is HUGE for this style of offense.

Let's make a comparison to the 49ers with Jimmy G.   Jimmy G running the ship for that offense has some similar aspects to the Commanders with Heinicke. Both QB's seem to play a lot better when the teams have the lead and can use ball control and a stout defense to keep the games close and winnable.  However, you saw how quick the 49ers offense fell apart once they got behind to the Chiefs and once they started having to pass the ball more and show that urgency.  

I think Heinicke should be capable to lead this team over the Colts and go into the Minnesota game 4-4.  How that game plays out, to me, largely depends on the performance of the defense.  The Commanders have a very good 2-headed monster forming at RB, but how much you can rely on all those carries is largely going to depend on the defense locking the Vikings offense down.

To be clear, I am not down on Heinicke, at all, I just largely viewed his performance yesterday as exactly what we have seen from him in the past, which is capable, but not great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Didn't get to watch the game live yesterday, was at a funeral of a close friend (seriously, **** cancer...just **** it) but I watched the replay and I'll give props to Heinicke. He had some blunders but he rallied and had a good game.

If the game gave you any respite, that's good. If it didn't, then that's normal too. As always, attending to life is more fruitful than fandom. I wish you and yours well in sorrow.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

You could play Wentz to see if he improves from where he was during the first 6 games, I suppose...because if he plays lights out over the remaining games it gives you another possible option.

To see if the guy who has 91 games of tape and 7 seasons starting in the NFL will improve?  This sounds like when you defended Bruce.

• Like 1