Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, Alexa said:

But just cause he is an asshole or a drunk means he doesn't know his football team??  Basically some of you are discrediting his football IQ cause he has personal issues.

There you go, Rooster. Literally refer to his football acumen...

Please address both Reich (can be a top-10 QB) and Ballard (played some really good football for us) as well as multiple reports that Ballard and Reich were not on board (how could they go into the abyss and dump Wentz with no plan? Who does that?).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Riggo44- when did I tout Irsay's football acumen? lol.   All I am saying is he  knows more on Wentz than anyone here does. Including myself. Would you not agree w/ that? Again, he saw Wentz for a full season, a full off season, training camp, I'd say that gives him a bit more info on the guy than we have. 

Everyone here is dismissing his opinion on Wentz just cause he's got personal issues. I find that unfair. 

I'm not married to it. I have brought up several other things that support my opinions on Wentz. 

Who cares if Irsay knows Wentz better than others? If I get some irrational personal grudge against a co-worker and accuse him of being racist (just a random example pulled out of a hat) and then you, as someone who doesn't work at the company, point out that I provided no actual evidence of my accusation and that other people at the company say they've never seen any indication of it at all, should you be ignored just because you don't work at the company and I do?

Yes, you've brought up things that support your opinion, and you have systematically ignored or discounted points that others have brought up in contradiction to your opinion. That's pretty much being married to an opinion.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Alexa said:

But forget Irsay,I'll go back to  Ballard-  he also didn't give a ringing endorsement.

Ballard is 100 times worse than Irsay.

Irsay, irrational or not based on personal opinion, dictated as owner what he believed needed to happen.

Ballard simply sold out and folded to protect his job. 

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

31 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

There you go, Rooster. Literally refer to his football acumen...

Please address both Reich (can be a top-10 QB) and Ballard (played some really good football for us) as well as multiple reports that Ballard and Reich were not on board (how could they go into the abyss and dump Wentz with no plan? Who does that?).

I'm not even going to debate w/ you until you get off your silly ass Rooster comments. Stop acting like a child.

1 hour ago, Alexa said:

True but Ron is a coach, not a GM. Right now I'd trust Ballard's opinion on him over what Ron thinks simply because the Colts have had a full season w/ Wentz. Ron hasn't. This time next year Ron may come to the same conclusion that Ballard, Irsay, and the Eagles organization came to. 

I love being on an island. I'm not here to make internet buddies. 

Ron is big cheese here. He may not be a Gm, since he has 3 on staff; but Ron is the ultimate decider. Ron makes the final decision.

We get you think Wentz is bum and will flop here. It might be case but it might not. I think most of us hope all those concerns/ red flags are put to rest. Carson does well this year, he returns in 23 and does earn that long term deal and becomes our 5-7 year or longer starter.

We will find out this fall.

You say you barely follow the team anymore; yet you are in a heated discussion over Ron’s choice at QB.

Carson was the best this team could get and Ron felt the draft didn’t have an immediate starter.

Yes, the 2 picks and $28 million salary; are a bit much if this ends up being a one year thing. We’ll just have to wait and see.  It’s better than giving all that for Watson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

We get you think Wentz is bum and will flop here. It might be case but it might not. I think most of us hope all those concerns/ red flags are put to rest. Carson does well this year, he returns in 23 and does earn that long term deal and becomes our 5-7 year or longer starter.

We will find out this fall.

You say you barely follow the team anymore; yet you are in a heated discussion over Ron’s choice at QB.

Carson was the best this team could get and Ron felt the draft didn’t have an immediate starter.

Yes, the 2 picks and $28 million salary; are a bit much if this ends up being a one year thing. We’ll just have to wait and see.  It’s better than giving all that for Watson.

I never said I barely follow the team. You said that and that is not correct. I said "my interest isn't what it once was" which is why I didn't come on here that much. Battered Fan was trying to make it out like I was ducking him in a previous post which is hilarious. I am still a fan but I do not live and die with them anymore like I use to. I haven't been to a game in 5 years. I don't buy gear anymore. Last year if there was a better game on I'd flip over. That would never have happened in the past. I have been a fan of this team since I was a kid in the 70's. I went to my first game in 1977. It was in my blood for a real long time but that is now gone. 

I never got heated either, other did but I didn't. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Ballard is 100 times worse than Irsay.

Irsay, irrational or not based on personal opinion, dictated as owner what he believed needed to happen.

Ballard simply sold out and folded to protect his job. 

I just disagree w/ that. You are trying to discredit Ballard simply because you think he is trying to save his job,  yet there is no evidence of that. What you're saying is Ballard is a puppet GM. Just remember another team came to the same conclusion that Ballard/Irsay did. The Eagles took a massive cap hit to move on from Wentz. 

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Under Cowboys

Right now? Over on us. There is no way we finish with the same number of wins as last year...

...I say that now and they completely collapse.

I hear ya on the collapse comment, I’ve learned to always temper my optimism with this team.  And so far, it feels to me like we’ve taken one step back and two steps forward with this roster.  Would have hoped we’d have made more positive moves by now, but there is still time.

Really hope we see some significant organic growth - Samuel healthy, Cosmi staying mostly healthy, and Davis, Brown and St Juste improving (and the latter avoiding concussions), etc.  Probably the biggest potential source of growth will be how Young and Sweat return.  They didn’t get the benefit of playing behind a gelled secondary and so I’m hopeful we’re underselling/underestimating the impact they can have.

1 hour ago, Alexa said:

I never said I barely follow the team. You said that and that is not correct. I said "my interest isn't what it once was" which is why I didn't come on here that much. Battered Fan was trying to make it out like I was ducking him in a previous post which is hilarious. I am still a fan but I do not live and die with them anymore like I use to. I haven't been to a game in 5 years. I don't buy gear anymore. Last year if there was a better game on I'd flip over. That would never have happened in the past. I have been a fan of this team since I was a kid in the 70's. I went to my first game in 1977. It was in my blood for a real long time but that is now gone. 

I never got heated either, other did but I didn't. 

download (3).jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

Alexa has some legitimate points if we take off our burgundy tinted glasses.  There is no doubt Wentz has big question marks.  I can't think of another franchise quarterback who gets dumped by two NFL teams early in his career.  It's silly to try to ignore that. The red flags are flapping in the breeze.

But it's also true that maturity and a new start in a different, supporting environment can turn around a career.  And he fills a desperately needed hole on this team.

So it could go either way here.  That's what makes following the Redskins Washington Football Team RedHawks Commanders a blast. Nothing is a sure thing with this franchise.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Alexa has some legitimate points if we take off our burgundy tinted glasses.  There is no doubt Wentz has big question marks.  I can't think of another franchise quarterback who gets dumped by two NFL teams early in his career.  It's silly to try to ignore that. The red flags are flapping in the breeze.

But it's also true that maturity and a new start in a different, supporting environment can turn around a career.  And he fills a desperately needed hole on this team.

So it could go either way here.  That's what makes following the Redskins Washington Football Team RedHawks Commanders a blast. Nothing is a sure thing with this franchise.

Most of the folks taking Alexa to task are not folks that wear burgundy tinted glasses.  Not one person has argued against the fact that he's been let go from two teams.  Not one person is under the impression that Wentz has no warts - otherwise he wouldn't have been available to us.  The only argument lies in why he was let go from the Colts - where Alexa is hanging on every word of Jim Irsay and ignoring the plethora of information that goes against what Irsay is trying to sell.  The only reason to do that is to be disingenuous because he came in here on a drive-by 'this is the worst thing ever and Wentz is the anti-christ' and got called out for a bunch of hyperbolic and outright made up statements to support said stance. 

It is incredibly difficult for me to see any positives with this organization, because even when there is some semblance of hope, it always finds a way to come back to our sad reality.  So I'm under no impression that Wentz is our savior, or even meant to be our savior.  What he is though is the most talented QB we've had in a long time and the best possible option we could acquire considering the elite talent wasn't an option and the draft class has nobody that's even remotely close to being a guarantee.

It's hard for me to take anyone serious, that says the best thing we could have done was run it back with freaking Taylor Heineke, and I guess hope to suck enough that we get a top pick next year.  You know - basically just eff everybody on the coaching staff and the roster - and make them go out there and quasi-tank in hopes to get an unknown QB in what is presumably a much better draft class. 

We still have all of our first round picks - so if whatever reason Wentz stinks here - we can cut him, owe him no $ and dangle major draft capital to move up to the top of next years draft if there's a true franchise QB talent we like. 

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 4

Here is the end result of the last "sure thing" we had at quarterback.  I posted this way back, and came across it on an old laptop yesterday.

Goodbye Robert G
Though we never knew you at all
You lost the race to hold yourself
And hang on to the ball
We crawled out of the woodwork
And we claimed to read your brain
We set you on the treadmill
And left you in the Seahawks game

And it seems to me you bent your knee
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing who to throw to
When the blitz set in
We would have liked St. Joe to show you

But he’s a NASCAR man

He could have done it better than
Either Shanahan

Pro style O was tough
The toughest role you ever played
You turned into a superstar
And pain was the price you paid
Even when you slide
Oh the press still hounded you
All the papers had to say
Was you’re just a read option dude

And it seems to me you bent your knee
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing who to throw to
When the blitz set in
And we would have liked you lead us

To the Promised Land

But the Subway gig lasted longer than

Your legend ever did

Goodbye Robert G
From the drunk fan in the 22nd row
Who sees you as something more than a running man.
More than just our Marilyn Monroe

And it seems to me healed your knee
But then got hurt again
Is there a target on your jersey
Instead of number 10?
I would have like to have known you by your rookie year.

Your candle burned out long before

Your legend ever did.

• Haha 1

As a Commander and Eagles fan I am 100% on board with Wentz. Its easy to see why the Eagles changed gears. It was just a **** sandwich for Wentz and it didn't go down well. I dont know if the Eagles even walk from him if the Colts didn't give them a 1rst. Thats a big steak in front of the cave.

Last year it was pretty clear that Irsay is thee only reason they wanted Wentz out and they rejected our first offer and we still had to pry him loose.

People act like teams couldn't move on from Wentz fast enough, but thats not accurate at all. 

The Colts season got derailed by covid a lot like ours did and their playoff run ended by a division rival that they haven't beat at their home in 8 ****ing years.

For 3/4 of the season he was a top 10 QB carrying a **** team with nothing on offense but a running back. His team captains and HC immediately came out in favor of Wentz after the trade.

Now he's in an offense that plays to his strengths, in a professional locker room, with his first actual WR1 and the best offensive weapons he's ever had.

It was the best case senerio, he's capable of being an mvp type of QB, it was cheap and we can walk away whenever.

And if we want to go balls out for a QB next year, we have a solid QB to throw into the deal which clearly limited us this year.

The only reason to not be excited about Wentz as our QB is because you just like being miserable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The only reason to not be excited about Wentz as our QB is because you just like being miserable. 

A whole lot of this.

I feel like if I can absorb the idea that acquiring Wentz was a solid move, than anybody else should be able to do the same - because I am literally predisposed to being negative about everything this org does and unfortunately, my gut feelings are accurate many more times than not.  What I mean is, I'd get it if the only people touting this move were the typical homers who swallow every move this franchise makes with pride - but that's not really the case here.  There's a bunch of us typically negative nellies that are overall positive about this move.  Not that it's guaranteed to be great, but that there is potential it could be - and if it doesn't, we're not lost at sea with no options.

I think the reason many folks can't accept this is because they either got their hopes up that we were going to get a Russell Wilson or Rodgers, and see anything else as a futile endeavor.  While those of us who live in reality knew the likelihood we'd end up with either of those guys was next to nothing, and all reports regarding Wilson indicate the probability of acquiring him was 0%.  Then you have the folks who think we should just run it back with Heineke and that he's going to be an improved player and if not - we'll lose a lot of games, and get a premium draft spot next year.  Clearly these folks are delusional in that you can't look your team in the eyes and run it back with Taylor Heineke and pretend you mean to win games.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

A whole lot of this.

I feel like if I can absorb the idea that acquiring Wentz was a solid move, than anybody else should be able to do the same - because I am literally predisposed to being negative about everything this org does and unfortunately, my gut feelings are accurate many more times than not.  What I mean is, I'd get it if the only people touting this move were the typical homers who swallow every move this franchise makes with pride - but that's not really the case here.  There's a bunch of us typically negative nellies that are overall positive about this move.  Not that it's guaranteed to be great, but that there is potential it could be - and if it doesn't, we're not lost at sea with no options.

I think the reason many folks can't accept this is because they either got their hopes up that we were going to get a Russell Wilson or Rodgers, and see anything else as a futile endeavor.  While those of us who live in reality knew the likelihood we'd end up with either of those guys was next to nothing, and all reports regarding Wilson indicate the probability of acquiring him was 0%.  Then you have the folks who think we should just run it back with Heineke and that he's going to be an improved player and if not - we'll lose a lot of games, and get a premium draft spot next year.  Clearly these folks are delusional in that you can't look your team in the eyes and run it back with Taylor Heineke and pretend you mean to win games.

We could be begging for Baker or Injured Jimmy right now and preparing to take a blind dive into the draft garbage can right now, but we've got a QB with a sky is the limit upside and are preparing to add weapons to an already talented offensive roster.

I don't like anointing anyone a savior, but what happens to RonCo if we go into this season with Baker and Corral and flounder. We're back to square one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

As a Commander and Eagles fan I am 100% on board with Wentz. Its easy to see why the Eagles changed gears. It was just a **** sandwich for Wentz and it didn't go down well. I dont know if the Eagles even walk from him if the Colts didn't give them a 1rst. Thats a big steak in front of the cave.

Last year it was pretty clear that Irsay is thee only reason they wanted Wentz out and they rejected our first offer and we still had to pry him loose.

People act like teams couldn't move on from Wentz fast enough, but thats not accurate at all. 

The Colts season got derailed by covid a lot like ours did and their playoff run ended by a division rival that they haven't beat at their home in 8 ****ing years.

For 3/4 of the season he was a top 10 QB carrying a **** team with nothing on offense but a running back. His team captains and HC immediately came out in favor of Wentz after the trade.

Now he's in an offense that plays to his strengths, in a professional locker room, with his first actual WR1 and the best offensive weapons he's ever had.

It was the best case senerio, he's capable of being an mvp type of QB, it was cheap and we can walk away whenever.

And if we want to go balls out for a QB next year, we have a solid QB to throw into the deal which clearly limited us this year.

You can't be a fan of 2 teams; there will always be conflict. It's heresy to be a fan of 2 teams in the same division. 

I hope the coaches work with Wentz so that he has some other rush avoidance move besides his signature "duck way down and hope the D-lineman misses you" one.  That works sometimes but guys pick up on that pretty quick.

15 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

You can't be a fan of 2 teams; there will always be conflict. It's heresy to be a fan of 2 teams in the same division. 

You're not the boss of my fandom.

Hell, I'm not even sure you're a fan of this team.

• Haha 2