Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

8 hours ago, redskin301 said:

Do you guys think there’s a real chance we can get Watson if he beats the charges 

I do. I think that being an NFC team helps a lot, and we are screaming of desperation so Houston knows they can bleed us for a ton of assets. Now that Russ is gone the price for Watson is likely 2-3 1sts, two 2nds, 3 players (think Sweat, Curl and St. Juste). Sounds insane doesn't it? But this is what they will likely ask for after seeing what Seattle got. 

8 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I hope your right. They better close the deal for him. If we get beat out by the eagles they will be better then us for next 8 to 10 years.

I think the dark horse competitor for a “criminally cleared” Watson is the, newly flush with draft picks, Seattle Seahawks. Pete is a win now kind of guy and Watson could be exactly what he covets.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2

So no talk of the report that Washington offered 5 firsts and Seattle rejected it because they feared the Washington Commanders in their conference with no first for 5 years?    

I don't see Drew Lock as having any more value than Taylor Heineke.  If anything Heinke has a better NFL resume.  I don't understand why people think the Raiders will part ways with Carr. What upgrade is now available on the market?  Watson. That's it, that's the list.  Why would they trade their QB with so much uncertainty surrounding Watson?  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

Seattle reporter to add to the pile.  Some other noise, some posted by me, some by others for days about them might wanting Corral.

Corral's been my guy since September last year. IMO he's the top QB in this draft.  But it doesn't seem like this team feels that way (so far, will see if pro day changes it) so if Seattle goes Corral, I gather this team wouldn't be fazed. 

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So no talk of the report that Washington offered 5 firsts and Seattle rejected it because they feared the Washington Commanders in their conference with no first for 5 years?    

I don't see Drew Lock as having any more value than Taylor Heineke.  If anything Heinke has a better NFL resume.  I don't understand why people think the Raiders will part ways with Carr. What upgrade is now available on the market?  Watson. That's it, that's the list.  Why would they trade their QB with so much uncertainty surrounding Watson?  

Seattle didn’t reject any trades. Russel Wilson did. They just said that so it would sound like Seattle didn’t have to pass up on a better offer. 

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I didn't think Seattle would trade Wilson for the same logic.   I don't think anyone "expects" the Raiders to trade Carr.  It's just slim hope that there might be a small chance. 

1 hour ago, sebestian said:

Question if he gets suspended, does he still get paid and does he still counts against the cap?

Its a little wonky due to timing and a bit confusing, but this is how I think it goes.

Suspended players don't get paid, and they don't count against the cap or take up a roster spot. I don't think that takes effect until the regular season starts however, so you probably don't get those savings "up front".

It fair to say a player that is suspended for a whole year cost the team nothing in the grand scheme, but you still have to work that player in under the cap b4 the regular season, then as the year rolls on you get that money back 1/17th of the players paycheck at a time. 

So if a player is suspended for half a year, you would save half of their contract on the back-end.

It does open the avenue to easily roll-over the savings from a suspended player into extra salary cap the following year.

So, you have to allocate cap space upfront, but you do get it back.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

You can only trade picks 3 years out so unless you have multiple first round picks in two of those years it's not possible.

Therefore there is no truth whatsoever to that rumor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Otherwise, the Seahawks might be waiting for the quarterback market to shake out. They probably won't get Garoppolo, but if the veteran ends up with the New York Giants, Seattle could be the one to end up with Daniel Jones. The same could be true with Cleveland if the Browns want to move on from Baker Mayfield. Borderline starters like Bridgewater and Mitchell Trubisky are also available in free agency.

funny you bring these 2 QB's up....I'm going to get bashed and I know that but I actually think both of these guys are really good QB's....Jones has had the misfortune of playing behind a horrible OL and what now 3 HC's...and Baker played mostly all season w/major injuries....I think you'll see a different Jones in 2022 under Daboll...and I'm on record to saying I'd love to have Mayfield here...love his grit and mojo....I know I'm in the minority though on both of these guys

Edited by ashlynskins
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ashlynskins said:

funny you bring these 2 QB's up....I'm going to get bashed and I know that but I actually think both of these guys are really good QB's....Jones has had the misfortune of playing behind a horrible OL and what now 3 HC's...and Baker played mostly all season w/major injuries....I think you'll see a different Jones in 2022 under Daboll...and I'm on record to saying I'd love to have Mayfield here...love his grit and mojo....I know I'm in the minority though on both of these guys

I like Mayfield.  I don't think much of Daniel Jones -- i spent a lot of time studying him before the draft so I am tough to sway off of that opinion -- IMO he's not horrible but bad. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't see Drew Lock as having any more value than Taylor Heineke. 

He is younger, bigger, stronger, faster(40 times), costs 1.5 Mil less, and has no dead money attached should they make further moves. All things you don't get w/ TH. He is simply more desirable in a plethora of ways. He does not have a lot of value, but at least he has some.

• Like 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Mayfield.  I don't think much of Daniel Jones -- i spent a lot of time studying him before the draft so I am tough to sway off of that opinion -- IMO he's not horrible but bad. 

I understand....something about Jones that is deceptive imho....almost like he has this untapped potential and if he ever got it he'd be really good....this is his year to show it imo

21 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

League rules state you can’t send more than 3 of your own first round picks in the future 

• Thumb down 1

10 minutes ago, ashlynskins said:

I understand....something about Jones that is deceptive imho....almost like he has this untapped potential and if he ever got it he'd be really good....this is his year to show it imo

They loaded him with weapons last year.  O line I agree is shaky.  He has turnover issues, especially fumbles in college, it has followed him to the pros.  He's cleaned it up some last season but I'd need to see him pull it off for a full season. He doesn't IMO have a big ceiling -- just average arm, below average accuracy at best as far as throws outside of the flat.

The reason why I want Trubisky to go to the Giants is both players have two major things in common IMO.

A.  They both are sneaky mobile

B.  They both have decent accuracy in the flat, not so much outside of the flat.

I think there is just enough about both to tease a coaching staff to think "maybe?".  They both can have a streak of putting together a couple of good games and their mobility in their success makes you think hey maybe they got it figured out?  But by and large IMO their accuracy is too inconsistent and neither has a special arm where I think its worth seeing if they can work their way through it.    So i think Trubisky and Jones is a perfect storm to show just enough to tease the Giants to ride out the storm so to speak but then discover they wasted their time.

IMO Jones' niche is hitting receivers in stride in the flat.  He can a hit a healthy Barkley 3 yards up the field and place it perfectly so he can manufacture YAC.  I think that's his superpower but its not enough to have me intrigued. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Seattle reporter to add to the pile.  Some other noise, some posted by me, some by others for days about them might wanting Corral.

Corral's been my guy since September last year. IMO he's the top QB in this draft.  But it doesn't seem like this team feels that way (so far, will see if pro day changes it) so if Seattle goes Corral, I gather this team wouldn't be fazed. 

I think they will take him. 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Watson is likely 2-3 1sts, two 2nds, 3 players (think Sweat, Curl and St. Juste). Sounds insane doesn't it? But this is what they will likely ask for after seeing what Seattle got. 

At some point the cost for even an elite franchise quarterback is too high and this is definitely flirting with it.

You can't cripple your entire roster to get a franchise quarterback, 2 years ago Watson led the league in passing and the Texans won what, 4 games?

You give up that level of assets on a team that doesn't have a stacked roster to begin with and you may be looking at 5 plus years before you can be upper level competitive with your franchise quarterback. 

Watson is young enough maybe it's worth it.

• Thumb up 1

Watson probably isn't coming here. I think Seattle, with 3 #1s in the next two drafts, and Philly, with 4 #1s in the next two drafts, have the capital to get it done. I also assume both spots are infinitely more desirable than Washington for Watson.

The fanbase needs to wrap our collective minds around the idea that our QB will be Winston/Mariota/Wentz/Jimmy G and a draft pick at #11. Worst case is we use #11 on a WR or something, and hope we can trade up next year for a QB. Absolute definition of mediocre, but ROn probably thinks this roster can get far into the playoffs with Jimmy G, because he's done it before with similarly constructed teams.

Winston at least has a ceiling of 5,000 yards, which could actually work out on a team that has a bunch of weapons and a strong defense (through draft and FA since Winston wouldn't cost much)

For all the Philly bashing going on around here, some of y'all need to learn something from the city of brotherly love. No one likes us and we don't care. We all know that this is a **** franchise that sprays poo on our fans at games in our crumbling stadium next to a B list city. We have some legit players on our team, with only really two holes. Major holes at the 2 spots you really don't want them to be, but we do. We can easily fill those two holes in the first two rounds of the draft. Allen Young the rest of these guys are going to have a huge chip on their shoulder this season. A total **** everyone attitude and we have some monsters on this team that can really knock people the **** out. We have to embrace that ****. Whoever we bring in at QB will be completely supported in every way and this team will fight for them. Not Taylor, then they'll fight each other again, but I digress. 

Let everyone say they don't want to come here. **** all of them. Keep drafting well and build this monster our way.

• Like 1

Jesus. Package whatever we need to. Picks and Young. I just can’t Jimmy G and Trubisky. 

I’d honestly take Wentz over both those guys by a good bit. I know he crapped the bed the last 2 games last year, but he was good before that. I hope the Colts cut him. 

Wentz and Wagner and load up as much as possible elsewhere and swing hard next year again. At least there is a ceiling there.

• Like 3