Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

33 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Honestly, I think the sooner we rip off this delusional band aid about getting Rodgers, Wilson or Watson, the better. None of them were ever going to come here but we somehow convinced ourselves that it was possible and now people are all bummed out. I'm assuming Watson will get cleared and moved on to Seattle, Carolina, etc and we can then get back to realistic scenarios where we end up with Jimmy G or Trubisky. 

God that's depressing.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611cbde5e416158a08c19fd5c4132d1824d7d7b071c&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

or Wentz 🤢

Carr isn’t going anywhere this year. You think really McDaniels is going to trade for nonstop injury Jimmy G.  He will ride with Carr and if doesn’t work; will get someone else in 23. He’s not going to trade for a guy coming of an injury for his 3rd time and likely will be injured again.

Our only solution is the draft or drafts. Keep on drafting until you strike gold. It may take 20 years and 5 more coaches; so be it.

2 hours ago, skinzplay said:

None of the QBs are really 1st rounders. Need (desperation) will push some teams to make a rash decision. Wouldn't draft any of them in the 1st. Want Howell, but could be had in the 2nd unless the Steelers move up. They like him

people say that but in the past most failures at QB in the first round were still guys who were supposed to be drafted in the first not obvious reaches

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Depressing on its own to hear about the Wilson trade.   This Trubisky stuff is adding to my depression. 😧   

I understand.  There are better options out there.  Trubisky and whomever joins him via the draft is on RR.  Agree?  They have to produce at QB.

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Who on this thread thought we were likely getting Wilson or Rodgers?

The discussion was should we hold a little hope or zero hope.

Yes having no hope protects you from experiencing any disappointment. But for some what’s the fun in that?

I don't think there were many people who thought we were the odd-on favorite to land those guys, but it does feel like over the past several weeks people were somehow convincing themselves more and more that those trades were more probable than they actually were.

I'd be really surprised if the "How about Washington" talk with Wilson lasted any more than about 1 minute:

"Washington has offered us..."

"No"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I don't think there were many people who thought we were the odd-on favorite to land those guys, but it does feel like over the past several weeks people were somehow convincing themselves more and more that those trades were more probable than they actually were.

I'd be really surprised if the "How about Washington" talk with Wilson lasted any more than about 1 minute:

"No"

I did not think he would be traded. That what makes this so bad.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Won’t happen.

None of Snyder’s coaches ever finish their  contracts.

Marty, Zorn,Shanny,Gruden- Fired

Gibbs- Retired

Spurrier- Resigned

It won’t change with Ron and all future Dan Snyder coaches.

Ron is slowly digging his eventual grave and when the inevitable end cones; he will find it won’t be so easy to get another head coaching gig: as the trend is hiring you coaches.

Gruden finished his original contract.  We gave him a two year contract extension in 2017.  His contract was set to end in 2018 and he was fired in 2019

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

"No"

Thought and Hope are two different words.  A lot of fans hoped but many did think it, I think. :)  I am still holding out hope for Carr.  Never hurts to hope, mistertim.

• Like 2

Just now, mistertim said:

"No"

They would leverage us to get a better price elsewhere. So they strung us along for sure. If Rodgers had picked leaving, Wilson probably is in Washington today. 

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is news to me.  I haven’t been online much today but sounds like something that would be news.

super shady:

30 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

It was also probably Kenny Picketts worst game of the season. Take that for what you will. 

That's true, but his games against Miami and UNC were the other games I watched and all of those games made me think "Best QB draft pick? Really?"  He was fortunate to have faced some real weak ACC defenses last year.  Even Clemson was down last year.

I know he has talent and may eventually be great at the next level, but he has got some growing pains ahead of him at that next level.

:229:The Rook

Yeah, run don't walk away from him. Last thing we need is another phony. At least when a guy puts in time at a soup kitchen he actually has to spend time there. A lot of people are much more fake than you'd want to contemplate but this is too far.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

They would leverage us to get a better price elsewhere. So they strung us along for sure. If Rodgers had picked leaving, Wilson probably is in Washington today. 

I think if Rodgers had gone elsewhere Wilson would have stayed in Seattle before coming here. I'm guessing the bottom line is he didn't want to come here, and with a no-trade clause that basically slams the door instantly.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

Yeah, run don't walk away from him. Last thing we need is another phony. At least when a guy puts in time at a soup kitchen he actually has to spend time there. A lot of people are much more fake than you'd want to contemplate but this is too far.

???

14 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I understand.  There are better options out there.  Trubisky and whomever joins him via the draft is on RR.  Agree?  They have to produce at QB.

Here's my take on Trubisky and where I've gone from "meh" about him where i don't think he's good but I could live with it to I don't want anything to do with him.

My "meh" period about Trubisky.  

A.  I studied him a little but not much

B.  I thought we'd get him cheap

C.  This is the key, he'd just be something you'd fly against the wall along with a first round pick -- so you got nothing to lose

My current take about Trubisky

A.  i get the impression that Ron is taking Buffalo's word on Trubisky and the more I delve into that it feels like Buffalo is doing Trubisky a solid for feeiling indebted to him for running the scouting team with class -- he had no complaints, no ego.  It's not a we fixed him narrative.  It's a narrative that seems more driven by we love the person.  And reading about Trubisky he seems like a super nice guy.  That's cool.  So was John Beck and most of the QBs we've had. 

B.  I've watched a lot of Qb interviews over the years and read about plenty of them.  I don't think I've ever left it with an overriding impression that said QB isn't the brightest dude in the world until delving into Trubisky.

C.  As a passer on most metrics he's just as bad as flame outs like Darnold and Rosen.  And he looks it too.  Bad accuracy.  Bad decision making.  Not the smartest QB. 

D.  The build up to him to me comes across silly.  Some may forget but Rosen and Darnold had similar build ups.  It seems like every year now there is some du jour reclamation project who was a high draft pick who can be fixed.  That's fine.  But both the Dolphins and Panthers overpaid for those mistakes.  I don't want to be the next team.  No way I am giving up him 10 million plus a year and assuring him we aren't taking a Qb high in the draft -- IMO that's crazy. 

I do think purely as a runner, he's far from elite but he's genuinely good on that front both as for a runner in open field and scrambiling around the pocket.  if it weren't for that I'd be exactly as down on him as I was on Darnold and Rosen.  He IMO is a half peg better than them.  His ceiling IMO is Daniel Jones. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Regarding Malik Willis and the homeless person, I really tend to give people the benefit of the doubt...but the whole thing about it just happened to be caught on video by a sports marketer and brand builder who Willis also happens to be following on social media? That is a little sus.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Here's my take on Trubisky and where I've gone to "meh" about him, i don't think he's good but I could live with it to I don't want anything to do with him.

My "meh" period about Trubisky.  

A.  I studied him a little but not much

B.  I thought we'd get him cheap

C.  This is the key, he's just be something you'd fly against the wall along with a first round pick -- so you got nothing to lose

My current take about Trubisky

A.  i get the impression that Ron is taking Buffalo's word on Trubisky and the more I delve into that it feels like Buffalo is doing Trubisky a solid for feeiling indebted to him for running the scouting team with class -- he had no complaints, no ego.  It's not a we fixed him narrative.  It's a narrative that seems more driven by we love the person.  And reading about Trubisky he seems like a super nice guy.  That's cool.  So was John Beck and most of the QBs we've had. 

B.  I've watched a lot of Qb interviews over the years and read about plenty of them.  I don't think I've ever left it with an overriding impression that said QB isn't the brightest dude in the world until delving into Trubisky.

C.  As a passer on most metrics he's just as bad as flame outs like Darnold and Rosen.  And he looks it too.  Bad accuracy.  Bad decision making.  Not the smartest QB. 

D.  The build up to him to me comes across silly.  Some may forget but Rosen and Darnold has similar build ups.  It seems like every year now there is some du jour reclamation project who was a high draft pick who can be fixed.  That's fine.  But both the Dolphins and Panthers overpaid for those mistakes.  I don't want to be the next time.  No way I am giving up him 10 million plus a year and assuring him we aren't taking a Qb high in the draft -- IMO that's crazy. 

I do think purely as a runner, he's far from elite but he's genuinely good on that front both as for a runner in open field and scrambiling around the pocket.  if it weren't for that I'd be exactly as down on him as I was on Darnold and Rosen.  He IMO is a half peg better than them.  His ceiling IMO is Daniel Jones. 

I dont think he will be terrible but he will cost alot more then expected. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

18 minutes ago, mistertim said:

"No"

This team got some play for it.  National news.  Small chance and they went for it.  It's fine. 

Like I said it another post, i can take scenarios where lets say there is a 5% chance and argue with passion that its 0% and the odds are I'll be right and the 5% shot doesn't work out because I am betting with the odds. 

I think most people here have got things in the right perspective.  I know its easier to just bet on nothing happening in our favor and the odds are that bet turns correct.  But for some there is no fun in that.  it's to each their own. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Regarding Malik Willis and the homeless person, I really tend to give people the benefit of the doubt...but the whole thing about it just happened to be caught on video by a sports marketer and brand builder who Willis also happens to be following on social media? That is a little sus.

Or just coincidental.  I'm a benefit of the doubt type person also.  If someone was to catch the incident, they were going to be associated with the NFL Combine circus on some level.  

To make it a decision not to draft, like "Ghost Of" opinion seems  ...  wonky?  paranoid?  good sense?  IDK

:229:The Rook

• Like 2