Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

We will end up with Wentz or Watson. I don’t see Kyle trading jimmy g to us.

Why not?  We traded Williams to him.  

I don’t think there’s a beef between Ron and Kyle.  And Dan proved he was ok dealing with the Shanahans when we traded Willams to SF.

• Like 1

Sucks that Wilson chose Denver but if the reports are to be trusted we swing and Russell decided against playing here. Not mad, but it narrows the choices considerably.  Next thing to do is wait till Friday? For Watson's hearings. If that goes favorably for him that's the next target on the trade block.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But he really didn’t.  All the QBs were gone when we picked.  

We might have been able to go up and get Jones.  They probably was in the cards and they probably should have done it. 

Going up to get fields at 8 probably would have cost at least a 2022 second, 2023 first and probably something else, like a 3rd or 4th.  Teams don’t like to drop from 8 to 11. And Fields wasn’t worth that.  And his play last year definitely justifies not reading multiple firsts and seconds for him.  

There are only so many times we can draw out a similar line of excuse for falling short. It’s becoming a common theme here. Hopefully we still have a positive move to make at QB.

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

There are only so many times we can draw out a similar line of excuse for falling short. It’s becoming a common theme here. Hopefully we still have a positive move to make at QB.

What’s the excuse?  They literally weren’t there when  picked.  You can never assume a trade.  It takes both parties to agree and you can’t force a team to trade with you. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Why not?  We traded Williams to him.  

5 minutes ago, max21 said:

Not that I want him but that would be dickish of him since we traded Trent to him lol 

That was another great move btw. I mean, the way our FO handled that situation… as delicate and precise as a well played game of chess. We’re five moves ahead of the rest of the league at all times with Dan at the helm. I love watching the masters at work.

**** these mother****ers.

• Like 3

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

What’s the excuse?  They literally weren’t there when  picked.  You can never assume a trade.  It takes both parties to agree and you can’t force a team to trade with you. 

Well in general, not directed at you, but in general we’ve had 

Stafford wanted to go to LA anyway

Wilson wanted to go to Denver anyway

Non QB - Cooper wanted to stay in Dallas anyway

Couldn’t trade up, no trade partner, too expensive, whatever else..

Why bother? It’s very half arsed. If you have serious intent, go all in and then some. Otherwise don’t bother. 

I said several days ago Wilson would cost 3 firsts and several second rounders for us to be entertained. Whether you like the price or not, are you in the game to play serious or not. 3 first rounders as an offer was never getting us Wilson against the competition. Never. So why bother.

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

How about we just do that instead of overselling on a 10-15 tier QB. 

Bc that guy is probably not there at pick #11 and we are a QB, WR, MLB away from contending. If you get a QB like Carr, it immediately makes it that much easier to get another star WR like Amari Cooper. And then you just need to find the MLB and you're ready to go.

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

How about we just do that instead of overselling on a 10-15 tier QB. 

Bc that guy is probably not there at pick #11 and we are a QB, WR, MLB away from contending. If you get a QB like Carr, it immediately makes it that much easier to get another star WR like Amari Cooper. And then you just need to find the MLB and you're ready to go.

14 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

Next thing to do is wait till Friday? For Watson's hearings. If that goes favorably for him that's the next target on the trade block.

If he can get cleared of criminal charges before FA that would be huge.

Not only would you have a chance to get a QB b4 FA, thus effecting who you can attract, but I also don't think SEA can wheel and deal their new draft picks until their trade becomes official at the start of the new league year which is FA. They would not be able to easily outbid us.

Then you just gotta hope the reports of Watson turning away the Panthers n Philly r tru.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

Sucks that Wilson chose Denver but if the reports are to be trusted we swing and Russell decided against playing here. Not mad, but it narrows the choices considerably.  Next thing to do is wait till Friday? For Watson's hearings. If that goes favorably for him that's the next target on the trade block.

I dont know how anyone can possibly think about bringing Watson here with this teams history. 

Pesonally, I'm trying for Carr right now and am on the phone with the Raider seeing what it would take.  Watson may say no way do I want to play for Dan Snyder!

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

but I also don't think SEA can wheel and deal their new draft picks until their trade becomes official at the start of the new league year which is FA. They would not be able to easily outbid us.

Interesting point.

7 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Gotta have an elite QB. Overpaying a decent one is a death plan 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, D’Pablo said:

Jordan Love was a terrible college prospect and has shown nothing in the NFL. I don’t think he’s any better than the QBs in this draft.

He’s much much worse, because we already know that two years of quality NFL coaching hasn’t developed him, and he’s only got half a rookie contract left. Talk about a trap. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Franklin60 said:

That was an insane package the Broncos gave up. Y'all should be happy your team didn't give up a comparably insane amount. I would have loved for the Eagles to get Wilson, but I would never have come close to making that deal.

For us that is an insane amount to give up. The Broncos were legitimately a QB away from being legit contenders...even with a very tough division. I think this was a good deal for them based on all the pieces they already had.

32 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But he really didn’t.  All the QBs were gone when we picked.  

We might have been able to go up and get Jones.  They probably was in the cards and they probably should have done it. 

Going up to get fields at 8 probably would have cost at least a 2022 second, 2023 first and probably something else, like a 3rd or 4th.  Teams don’t like to drop from 8 to 11. And Fields wasn’t worth that.  And his play last year definitely justifies not reading multiple firsts and seconds for him.  

Fields was absolutely worth two 1sts+ and that was obvious at the time, we should have overpaid to trade up. He flashed as a rookie despite a poor overall season (on a much less talented team than ours). Would you say the same about Trevor Lawrence, who had a horrid rookie season? I doubt it. I’d kill to have no #11 pick this year but Fields on the team. We’d have our realistic shot at a franchise QB in-house and developing, which is the goal. Could he still not work out? Sure, but he’s a much better bet than anyone this year and probably anyone we’ll have a realistic shot at trading up for next year. I’m not one who is going to pretend it would have been reasonable for Rivera to dump Haskins for Herbert year 1, but trading up for Fields last year was our big chance imo and we blew it.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We have to draft a guy because nobody wants to come here. Stafford didn't wanna come here last year. Wilson this year. 

Cousins didn’t want to stay either! So it’s 4 years, fifth year option if first round pick and 2 franchise tags best case scenario!

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Fields was absolutely worth two 1sts+ and that was obvious at the time, we should have overpaid to trade up. He flashed as a rookie despite a poor overall season (on a much less talented team than ours). Would you say the same about Trevor Lawrence, who had a horrid rookie season? I doubt it. I’d kill to have no #11 pick this year but Fields on the team. We’d have our realistic shot at a franchise QB in-house and developing, which is the goal. Could he still not work out? Sure, but he’s a much better bet than anyone this year and probably anyone we’ll have a realistic shot at trading up for next year. I’m not one who is going to pretend it would have been reasonable for Rivera to dump Haskins for Herbert year 1, but trading up for Fields last year was our big chance imo and we blew it.

Fields sucked. Nagy is far better than Norv’s kid at coaching up QBs. This whole Justin Fields is a franchise qb is complete horse crap. 

• Like 1

One reason to go for a mediocre bridge option like Jimmy G or Trubisky is that they can be included in trade packages for next year.

It's hard to say to what extent having a guy like Drew Lock or Jared Goff to give a team a placeholder made a difference in trade negotiations compared to us with Heinicke who nobody values at all. 

Edited by CapsSkins