Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, wit33 said:

He operates in a different lane than what everyone is romantic with at the QB spot. He’s experienced great individual and team success early in his career, but some choose to focus on only his shortcomings, because it doesn’t fit the model they are comfortable with or prefer. It appears philosophically you dislike the style in which Jackson gets it done, because there’s no denying the results by most football metrics. 

I want my QBs to be mobile. The more mobile the better. The issue is that Jackson when forced to throw is sub par at it. The ravens have built a system that largely works against most teams. But if they go against teams who are able to score at a more effective rate than themselves they struggle. The ravens are the example of running vs throwing systems. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

I want my QBs to be mobile. The more mobile the better. The issue is that Jackson when forced to throw is sub par at it. The ravens have built a system that largely works against most teams. But if they go against teams who are able to score at a more effective rate than themselves they struggle. The ravens are the example of running vs throwing systems. 

As long as it’s accepted throwing systems fail at an alarming rate when looking at it from a case by case lens. 

I can't see McDaniels and Ziegler jettisoning Derek Carr. Wouldn't count on him being available.

Hopefully NYG stays committed to Jones at least for the upcoming year. Trubisky to NY makes a lot of sense, which is kind of a relief to me.

Rodgers to DEN or staying GB seem most likely.

Feel like our options are either Wilson as a Vet or a 1st round rookie.

• Like 2

I’d put a lot of coin on Rodgers going to Denver and bringing Adams and MvS with him (per rumors). MVS is a FA. Not sure if GB tags Adams or not. Or maybe they tag him and include him in a trade to Denver. Or maybe part of the deal for Rodgers is they let Adams walk so he can sign in Denver thus upping the package a bit for ARod. 

Wonder if Denver sends Jeudy to GB as part of the package. Actually seems like that’s a no brainer. Denver has about $50m in cap space too. 

I’m just assuming Rodgers goes to Denver at this point and GB rolls with Love for 2022. Uses pick 9 from Denver to get a WR (Burks?) to pair with Jeudy, and expedited the rebuild a bit by using the draft capital to reload and overcome their cap situation. They’ll surely get a 2023 1st from Denver. Obviously that’ll likely be a late 1st, but LeFleur has a super long leash and I’m sure he’ll play the long game. See what Love offers and surround him with young talent and have future picks to get a QB in 2023 if he underwhelms. 

• Thumb up 1

Early tea leaves …

Denver - Rodgers

GB - Love (R2/3 QB?)

NYG - Jones / Trubisky

LV - Carr 

Leaves WFT, Carolina, Pittsburgh and New Orleans as the big time players for QBs this off season. It’s actually not a lot of competition. 

Of course Detroit and Atlanta could change all of that too, but they’re most likely poised to go rookie QB. So Watson and Russ have limited options as far as where they go. If I had to guess, Watson goes to Pittsburgh and Russ is either back in Seattle or gets traded to Washington. 

So that should put us in a better than usual position to get a guy in the draft (plus a vet like Winston or Mariota maybe). But there are obviously a lot of dominos to fall between now and then. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Early tea leaves …

Denver - Rodgers

GB - Love (R2/3 QB?)

NYG - Jones / Trubisky

LV - Carr 

Leaves WFT, Carolina, Pittsburgh and New Orleans as the big time players for QBs this off season. It’s actually not a lot of competition. 

Of course Detroit and Atlanta could change all of that too, but they’re most likely poised to go rookie QB. So Watson and Russ have limited options as far as where they go. If I had to guess, Watson goes to Pittsburgh and Russ is either back in Seattle or gets traded to Washington. 

So that should put us in a better than usual position to get a guy in the draft (plus a vet like Winston or Mariota maybe). But there are obviously a lot of dominos to fall between now and then. 

Tampa, Cleveland could enter the derby, Seattle, WFT, Carolina, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Tennessee, Indy.

21 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You start TH for another season; we go 4-13 and have a top 5 pick in 23.

With a 3rd place schedule, no COVID and good health TH will go 11-6 at worst.....that's assuming our defense shows up early. Next year won't have near the number of stud QB's that TH had to face this year. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

With a 3rd place schedule, no COVID and good health TH will go 11-6 at worst.....that's assuming our defense shows up early. Next year won't have near the number of stud QB's that TH had to face this year. 

11-6 at... worst? I don't think that word means what you think it means.

• Haha 6

24 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I’d put a lot of coin on Rodgers going to Denver and bringing Adams and MvS with him (per rumors). MVS is a FA. Not sure if GB tags Adams or not. Or maybe they tag him and include him in a trade to Denver. Or maybe part of the deal for Rodgers is they let Adams walk so he can sign in Denver thus upping the package a bit for ARod. 

Wonder if Denver sends Jeudy to GB as part of the package. Actually seems like that’s a no brainer. Denver has about $50m in cap space too. 

I’m just assuming Rodgers goes to Denver at this point and GB rolls with Love for 2022. Uses pick 9 from Denver to get a WR (Burks?) to pair with Jeudy, and expedited the rebuild a bit by using the draft capital to reload and overcome their cap situation. They’ll surely get a 2023 1st from Denver. Obviously that’ll likely be a late 1st, but LeFleur has a super long leash and I’m sure he’ll play the long game. See what Love offers and surround him with young talent and have future picks to get a QB in 2023 if he underwhelms. 

This all could happen, who knows...wouldn't it be something if GB drafted a WR at #9 after all the drafts where they wouldn't draft a WR when they had Rodgers?

Just now, kingdaddy said:

That would be the best season win wise in over 30 years for this franchise. 

I don't mean this sarcastically but curious as to what you think now of Rivera?  Since he clearly doesn't see things like you do. 

As Sheehan and his producer talked about today on their show, if Rivera is literally laughing at the idea of coming back with Heinicke, that's damning as for what he thinks about Heinicke as a starter.  It doesn't come off like Rivera thinks they are headed for a 30 year kind of peak season for the team with Heinicke at the helm.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That would be the best season win wise in over 30 years for this franchise. 

I don't mean this sarcastically but curious as to what you think now of Rivera?  Since he clearly doesn't see things like you do. 

As Sheehan and his producer talked about today on their show, if Rivera is literally laughing at the idea of coming back with Heinicke, that's damning as for what he thinks about Heinicke as a starter.  It doesn't come off like Rivera thinks they are headed for a 30 year kind of peak season for the team with Heinicke at the helm.

We'll see....I like Rivera and for some reason have faith in him turning things around and having a great season next year. I also don't think TH will be the 1st option on day one next season but if he is I think we can win with him if everything else clicks. I've seen Nick Foles win a SB....anything is possible. If our defense adds weapons and steps up I think we can win with TH or someone like Trubisky or Marriotta....not with a rookie though.

15 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

yeah one of the worst graded QBs in the league last year leads us to our best record in 30 years.

Sure guy... 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Carr is probably out now that sucks

Trubsiky make be gone two that leaves

Most likely 

Marrota 

Winston

Bridgewater 

Long shots

Wilson

Watson

WILSON!!

Just now, Hitman#21 said:

Edited by Hitman#21

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Early tea leaves …

Denver - Rodgers

GB - Love (R2/3 QB?)

NYG - Jones / Trubisky

LV - Carr 

Add Tampa in there looks like alot of smoke  that Brady retires.

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Early tea leaves …

Denver - Rodgers

GB - Love (R2/3 QB?)

NYG - Jones / Trubisky

LV - Carr 

This is a good post and the more I think about it, the more I'm feeling like this may be another 2019 like draft. People keep taking about the greatness of having a QB under the fifth year option, but not if he's a bad QB. Locke was a second thing grade QB that many thought would go in the first because he's a QB. But he didn't. And Haskins probably wouldn't have if we hadn't picked him. 

I'm partially thinking about last year though, which was a class I didn't like because almost nobody had experience among the top guys. But 5 still went in the first. I can't see that happening this year. Pickett, Corral, Willis I can see. Maybe Howell but I'm thinking that's unlikely (does Pitt take him like Baltimore did Jackson?)

After this happens, I could see us taking a MLB or FS at 11, then trading up in the second to have the first or second pick and picking Strong or Ridder. 

No way do I see Trubisky going to New York Giants. Number one, he's going to want to start and the Giants won't be able to offer him starter money with Daniel Jones also needing to be paid. If we make Trubisky a good offer, which we will and he knows he is coming in to be the starter, then he's not going to New York to compete with Daniel Jones. 

2 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

No way do I see Trubisky going to New York Giants. Number one, he's going to want to start and the Giants won't be able to offer him starter money with Daniel Jones also needing to be paid. If we make Trubisky a good offer, which we will and he knows he is coming in to be the starter, then he's not going to New York to compete with Daniel Jones. 

Him wanting to be a starter and teams actually wanting him to be a starter are two different things.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Add Tampa in there looks like alot of smoke  that Brady retires.

True. Although Tampa will be in a tough spot with a late 1st. They could certainly trade a a bunch of picks for Watson or Wilson though they’d need to include some players since those 1’s won’t have as much value as other team’s. They’ll likely do what GB will do which is see what they have in a young QB. Maybe they go veteran to be a backup plan, but if Brady retires they have Trask and limited ammo to trade for or trade up for a QB. 

Im not as concerned about the Saints and Bucs. Saints will be full rebuild mode and Bucs have a good roster but limited options to get a QB. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

True. Although Tampa will be in a tough spot with a late 1st. They could certainly trade a a bunch of picks for Watson or Wilson though they’d need to include some players since those 1’s won’t have as much value as other team’s. They’ll likely do what GB will do which is see what they have in a young QB. Maybe they go veteran to be a backup plan, but if Brady retires they have Trask and limited ammo to trade for or trade up for a QB. 

I dont know what there cap looks like but I could see them going after JimmyG if they don't rebuild. He was suppose to replace him in new england.

Edited by Redskins 2021