Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

There isn't really any indication that this is a "bad" QB class. The only thing about it is that it lacks clear cut blue chip prospects like other drafts have...which actually makes it a better draft for us since we're not picking in the top 2.

This feels like an incredible amount of hyperbole. What are you basing it on?

I'm basing it off of what they actually did vs good teams,  some have hand size issues,  flawed mechanics, etc.  

4 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

I'm basing it off of what they actually did vs good teams,  some have hand size issues,  flawed mechanics, etc.  

image.png.f85d9e0b5ce765673045352e28423889.png

What do we qualify as good games and good teams?

image.png.6a963c20fcfef47dd3062104a5ed71e8.png

image.png.895f9c31e1c0a2f191cce03536659f50.png

I'd say the biggest beef in that department is Willis:

image.png.e492da43b190e48b956bb088e22ded51.png

Hand size is a concern but we have to see how that plays out at the Senior Bowl.

I think Howell and Corral are both excellent prospects all things considered.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hitman#21 said:

You offer players and 1's for Wilson

You offer players and 1's for Rodgers

You offer a 1 and change for Carr

You offer a 2 and change for Jimmy G

If these fail you trade up from 11 to take a QB if there is one you love.

This is the offseason, no excuses. 

This guy....LOL

washington-football-team-4-bold-predictions-for-week-12-vs-seahawks-publish-on-11-26-or-11-27.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Davante Adams is a FA. Rodgers again spoke of uncertainties because so many of the Packer's player's contracts are up.  And they are in Cap Hell anyway.  

You know the team that isn't in Cap Hell?  Us. 

Tell Aaron that they will sign him to whatever he wants, and sign Davante to whatever he wants, and then trade whatever GB wants to get him. 

I mentioned Davante Adams yesterday. He and Derek Carr are very close friends going back to their Fresno State days. Those two being on the same NFL team is reportedly something they would both love to do. Not that it means anything other than idle offseason chatter. 

Not relevant to Carr, but more Rodgers, but Adams wanting to be the highest paid receiver in the league may not work whilst paying Rodgers on a short term deal that likely pays 40mil per year. 

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I mentioned Davante Adams yesterday. He and Derek Carr are very close friends going back to their Fresno State days. Those two being on the same NFL team is reportedly something they would both love to do. Not that it means anything other than idle offseason chatter. 

Not relevant to Carr, but more Rodgers, but Adams wanting to be the highest paid receiver in the league may not work whilst paying Rodgers on a short term deal that likely pays 40mil per year. 

Yeah I have a feeling that Rodgers + Adams would eat up a ton of the cap space we have. Keep in mind that we also have our own guys to extend...namely Terry.

That's not saying I would be completely against it, but I'd be a bit concerned if we suddenly went from being in good shape as far as the cap to being in bad shape by acquiring 2 players. But it might be worth it if that puts us directly in Super Bowl territory.

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I would love Davante Adams. He and McLaurin puts us in rare NFL offense space. Get another back to compliment Gibson and McKissick and we have an elite offense.

But here's the problem... We have to have a QB in place in order to attract a Davante Adams to DC.

We get Rodgers, we get Adams.

We get Carr, we have a shot at Adams.

We get Wilson, we may have a shot at Adams.

Don't have one of them and Adams  isn't coming to DC.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

image.png.f85d9e0b5ce765673045352e28423889.png

What do we qualify as good games and good teams?

image.png.6a963c20fcfef47dd3062104a5ed71e8.png

image.png.895f9c31e1c0a2f191cce03536659f50.png

I'd say the biggest beef in that department is Willis:

image.png.e492da43b190e48b956bb088e22ded51.png

Hand size is a concern but we have to see how that plays out at the Senior Bowl.

I think Howell and Corral are both excellent prospects all things considered.

Howell, Pickett, and Corral played against great talent. That’s the #1 thing to look for in qb prospects imo. 

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

There isn't really any indication that this is a "bad" QB class. The only thing about it is that it lacks clear cut blue chip prospects like other drafts have...which actually makes it a better draft for us since we're not picking in the top 2.

This feels like an incredible amount of hyperbole. What are you basing it on?

I think the fact that there are no clear cut blue chip prospects separating themselves is why people think that this draft has no Maholmes, Burrows, etc. Mind you, the history of QB drafting is filled with the lesson that the first/can't miss QB is rarely the guy. If we were to redraft, Josh Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, Rodgers, and Brady would all be taken much higher than they were. I mean with hindsight who wouldn't go back and pick Prescott over Goff or Wentz? Probability suggests that this year, too, there will be misses. 

How many number overall number one pick QBs fulfill their potential? This is my breakdown. 

Greats: 4

Good 7

Average 6

JAG 3

Who ;)7

Terry Bradshaw (win)

Jim Plunkett (very uneven. He did get one Superbowl, but he was not considered a great QB. I'm going with JAG)

Steve Bartowski (who ;) )

John Elway (win)

Vinny Testaverde (Average)

Troy Aikman (CowBum... win)

Jeff George (who ;) )

Drew Bledsoe (Average)

Peyton Manning (win)

Tim Couch (who ;) )

Michael Vick (good, but not a win)

David Carr (who ;) )

Carson Palmer (who ;) )

Eli Manning (Good/Average)

Alex Smith (Good/Average)

Jamarcus Russell (who ;) )

Matthew Stafford (TBD, I'd say good)

Sam Bradford (who ;) )

Cam Newton (good)

Andrew Luck (good/average)

Jameis Winston (JAG)

Jared Goff (JAG)

Baker Mayfield (TBD/Average)

Kyler Murray (TBD looks promising)

Joe Burrow (TBD looks like a win)

2 minutes ago, Hitman#21 said:

GB will find a way to tag Adams, unless their cap situation is worse than the Saints which word is they're 50 over.

Yeah on face value there cap is bad, however they have enough scope to play around with contracts to sort their cap issues out....to a degree...I think they tag Adams, I have a feeling he won’t sign that, they may have a standoff coming with him.

I think I saw more beautiful passes last night, than I've seen from our team all freaking year. Not even exaggerating. It's like I forgot about the deep passing game for a year.

Then I think about how much time our Oline has given our QB consistently to make a throw like that and I just get mad. Should reopen the hive so I can vent my frustrations :ols: 

Bad enough someone started making the argument that Tannahill wouldn't be much of an upgrade for us after the game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think GB will really need to make a big decision this offseason about whether they want to try to keep everything together for another year or two to see if they can make another SB run or if it's just time for a rebuild.

If it's the former, they're in a really bad position cap-wise. They're currently at $-38,414,270 from what I can find...which is second worst in the NFL after New Orleans. So if they want to keep Adams they'd either have to extend him, which would be incredibly expensive and might not be worth it since Rodgers only has 2 years left in his contract, or tag him...which would still be expensive but would only cost them for 1 year. They'd still have to cut some serious fat and do some big time cap wizardry, but that's why they have people they pay lots of money to do that stuff.

If it's the latter, then they would deal Rodgers and probably stick a non-exclusive franchise tag on Adams and try to deal him...probably for a 1st and change. So they'd probably be able to get two 1st round picks plus some players or other draft picks for Rodgers, then probably a 1st for Adams. Then they'd be flush with 1st round picks for a couple of years and would also possibly have some good young players.

Should be interesting to see how they play it.

Edited by mistertim

33 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I have a feeling that Rodgers + Adams would eat up a ton of the cap space we have. Keep in mind that we also have our own guys to extend...namely Terry.

That's not saying I would be completely against it, but I'd be a bit concerned if we suddenly went from being in good shape as far as the cap to being in bad shape by acquiring 2 players. But it might be worth it if that puts us directly in Super Bowl territory.

We would have to get rid of Terry for adams. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

22 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think I saw more beautiful passes last night, than I've seen from our team all freaking year. Not even exaggerating. It's like I forgot about the deep passing game for a year.

Then I think about how much time our Oline has given our QB consistently to make a throw like that and I just get mad. Should reopen the hive so I can vent my frustrations :ols: 

Bad enough someone started making the argument that Tannahill wouldn't be much of an upgrade for us after the game. 

C'mon. Every wide open deep ball truly longs to become a contested 50/50 jump ball. 

If we're going to double in Green Bay, why don't we trade for Rodgers and Love simultaneously. Clearly, we want him to feel comfortable and making the QB room the same would do that, right? :evil:

Doesn't mean at any time that green bay can simply release Rodgers if he says he wants to go wherever he wants to go and if they truly value him let him be the decision maker. Kind of how texans did jj watt. Actually precisely how they did with him. Yeah you can get first round picks but Rodgers carried that team for years. Give him the respect of being the decision maker. Then you trade for adams. And who says you canr have 3 expensive pieces on offense? Who else are we really even paying for on offense? We not gonna resign scherff. His 20 mil is off the books. Leno aint makkg top dollar. Cosmi is on rookie scale. Rouillier making some ok money and flowers. Cap is jumping a good amount and knowing it's gonna keep goin up means in 2 years the price isn't that bad unless u back load the contract that much. 

This article is a bit dated but Washington definitely fits at least one of Russell Wilson's wants - a really good offensive line

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/espns-jeremy-fowler-russell-wilson-trade-inevitable

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler: Russell Wilson Trade Is “Inevitable”

On Friday’s edition of Get Up, ESPN NFL insider Jeremy Fowler gave his latest update on the developing situation. While the trade may not occur this offseason, sources believe a move is bound to happen soon.

“Several high-ranking people I’ve spoken to believe [a Russell Wilson trade] is an inevitability, maybe not this off-season, but next off-season because of the growing tension that isn’t right now, it’s been a couple years,” Fowler said.

According to Fowler and multiple other reports from a round the league, the Seahawks-Wilson tension is rooted in a lack of protection for the 32-year-old quarterback. Since entering the league in 2012, the Seattle third-round pick leads the league in sacks taken (394) and QB scrambles (430). Wilson has been outspoken about his frustrations with the beating he takes as a star quarterback, ranking second in the league in hits taken (1,107).

“Russell Wilson has grown increasingly frustrated with the lack of personnel input, particularly the investment from the team on the offensive line over the last 8-10 years,” Fowler said. “He’s wanted more of that. He hasn’t gotten it. It’s resulted in some heating up moments internally, with the team and the coaching staff.”

Then there's this.

https://sportsnaut.com/russell-wilson-pete-carroll-seahawks-drama-2022/

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports that Wilson and Carroll don’t share the same vision on how to build Seattle’s offense. While there is mutual interest in the star quarterback returning in 2022, a difference in philosophies is creating a gap in the relationship between coach and quarterback.

“As one team source says, Carroll and Wilson, though friendly, have philosophical differences on how to build a team and attack a defense.”

NFL league source on the divide between Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll, via Jeremy Fowler (H/T Bleacher Report)

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

This article is a bit dated but Washington definitely fits at least one of Russell Wilson's wants - a really good offensive line

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/espns-jeremy-fowler-russell-wilson-trade-inevitable

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler: Russell Wilson Trade Is “Inevitable”

On Friday’s edition of Get Up, ESPN NFL insider Jeremy Fowler gave his latest update on the developing situation. While the trade may not occur this offseason, sources believe a move is bound to happen soon.

“Several high-ranking people I’ve spoken to believe [a Russell Wilson trade] is an inevitability, maybe not this off-season, but next off-season because of the growing tension that isn’t right now, it’s been a couple years,” Fowler said.

According to Fowler and multiple other reports from a round the league, the Seahawks-Wilson tension is rooted in a lack of protection for the 32-year-old quarterback. Since entering the league in 2012, the Seattle third-round pick leads the league in sacks taken (394) and QB scrambles (430). Wilson has been outspoken about his frustrations with the beating he takes as a star quarterback, ranking second in the league in hits taken (1,107).

“Russell Wilson has grown increasingly frustrated with the lack of personnel input, particularly the investment from the team on the offensive line over the last 8-10 years,” Fowler said. “He’s wanted more of that. He hasn’t gotten it. It’s resulted in some heating up moments internally, with the team and the coaching staff.”

Then there's this.

https://sportsnaut.com/russell-wilson-pete-carroll-seahawks-drama-2022/

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports that Wilson and Carroll don’t share the same vision on how to build Seattle’s offense. While there is mutual interest in the star quarterback returning in 2022, a difference in philosophies is creating a gap in the relationship between coach and quarterback.

“As one team source says, Carroll and Wilson, though friendly, have philosophical differences on how to build a team and attack a defense.”

NFL league source on the divide between Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll, via Jeremy Fowler (H/T Bleacher Report)

If this is the case he's the first domino. 

And possibly the only domino. The amount of interest is going to be surreal.

And add Seattle to the QB market for the rest.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hitman#21 said:

You offer players and 1's for Wilson

You offer players and 1's for Rodgers

You offer a 1 and change for Carr

You offer a 2 and change for Jimmy G

If these fail you trade up from 11 to take a QB if there is one you love.

This is the offseason, no excuses. 

what if you can't get a deal to trade up from 11?