Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Well, yeah, it kinda is. Bears brought in none of the other top QBs for Top 30 visits, and ... yeesh, the list of things is too long. Yes, Chicago is taking Caleb, it's written in stone, let it go man let it go. 🤣

Just checking to make sure everything is in balance in here :806:

• Haha 1

I do find it remarkable that we're less than 36 hours out and nobody has essentially confirmed the pick. We know Chicago is taking Caleb, but maybe we're waiting for them to confirm before we outright confirm? In 2012, it was a foregone conclusion that we were drafting RGIII because the Colts were most certainly taking Luck, and I think had even announced as much leading up to the draft if I recall, so that may be the difference here. But I still find it odd that while there's a lot of noise about who our pick will be, nothing has come out officially, and we're likely to not know for sure until the pick is in (or at least the TV folks or beat guys leak it right before the pick).

• Like 1

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10118305-nfl-rumors-giants-may-draft-michael-penix-jr-at-6-amid-drake-maye-mccarthy-buzz

NFL Rumors: Giants May Draft Michael Penix Jr. at 6 Amid Drake Maye, McCarthy Buzz

The New York Giants may have zeroed in on two targets for their quarterback of the future.

Dan Graziano of ESPN reported the Giants' favorite quarterback in the 2024 class is North Carolina's Drake Maye, but they could target Washington's Michael Penix Jr. if they're unable to land Maye—perhaps as high as No. 6 overall.

Reports the Giants favor Michigan's J.J. McCarthy,, by contrast, are reportedly no longer true.

Watching Jayden’s all passes/runs from 2023 for like the 5th time because I’m genuinely trying to find something to be happy about in the event he is our pick Thursday night.  

But the 3 things that are jumping out to me now are:

1.  He has so many perfect pockets and all day to throw on most downs.  
2.  When he does get pressured or the pocket breaks down, he is not good at navigating the pocket hence the high pressure to sack ratio.

3. For a “running” qb, he is really bad at throwing on the run.  It’s like he is too stiff and can’t open his hips to make a good throw.  And he doesn’t have the arm strength to throw off platform.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ST_DaGoat21 said:

Watching Jayden’s all passes/runs from 2023 for like the 5th time because I’m genuinely trying to find something to be happy about in the event he is our pick Thursday night.  

But the 3 things that are jumping out to me now are:

1.  He has so many perfect pockets and all day to throw on most downs.  
2.  When he does get pressured or the pocket breaks down, he is not good at navigating the pocket hence the high pressure to sack ratio.

3. For a “running” qb, he is really bad at throwing on the run.  It’s like he is too stiff and can’t open his hips to make a good throw.  And he doesn’t have the arm strength to throw off platform.

I thought he had the highest QBr of all QBs when pressured. When he throws on the run, he did it well, just didn’t do it very often 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Some rumors starting to fly about the Patriots trading up for Maye. Interesting. IF we value Daniels more it would make sense. And it is also the reason no leaks are important. This guy is a Pats insider. So not a junk account. 

That guy is saying Patriots might trade *down* with Raiders, who would be picking Maye.

• Thanks 2

Would be very interesting if the Raiders moved up to #3 prior to the draft. 

That really would open up another trade with us by the Raiders to #2 for Daniels on draft night IMO.

We can’t move anyway until the Bears have formally submit their pick, even though the outcome is widely known/assumed as Williams.

Edited by Est.1974

Just now, Est.1974 said:

That really would open up another trade with us to #2 for Daniels on draft night IMO.

We can’t move anyway until the Bears have formally submit their pick, even though the outcome is widely known/assumed as Williams.

If the Raiders are moving up to 3 then they have inside info that we're not taking Daniels...imo.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

That guy is saying Patriots might trade *down* with Raiders, who would be picking Maye.

Well, in theory, this could be the first step in a pick swap if they want Daniels. If we want Daniels, but it's close, and we are a bit concerned about the rumors of him wanting to go to LV, maybe we can get the Raiders to pony up enough to move from #3 to #2. But to get to #2, the Raiders have to get to #3 first, IMO.

But #13 and #44 is no where near enough to get NE to drop back. If that's all they have to give up (which he stated in the tweet), then the ammo is there for them to trade up with us. Take #77 and their '25 1st, but again, I'm certain they'll give up more to go from #13 to #3 initially.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

That really would open up another trade with us by the Raiders to #2 for Daniels on draft night IMO.

If we turn the #2 pick into Maye AND future draft capital.... GMAP is a ninja

• Like 5

I know it's been said and lamented over but hoo boy, those Rivera drafts really do hurt. A fourth round pick for Braeden Daniels? I completely forgot about him! 

Can't wait to see what AP and Lance Newmark can do with the picks after 1.02

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, jg77 said:

Jayden has said multiple times from his own mouth...that he wants to play for whatever team calls his name.

It’s so obviously planted by the raiders/Vikings as a last ditch effort to have us move off their guy.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sinews said:

I know it's been said and lamented over but hoo boy, those Rivera drafts really do hurt. A fourth round pick for Braeden Daniels? I completely forgot about him! 

Can't wait to see what AP and Lance Newmark can do with the picks after 1.02

Yup as bad as Ron was as a HC he was considerably worse as a GM

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

That tweet report is trash. There is no way the Raiders move all the way up to 3 for just a 1st and a 2nd. Its just another random garbage twitter account.

Pats aren't trading down unless its for an absolute motherlode haul and the Raiders aren't gonna move up to 3 this early when it doesn't even guarantee they'd get Daniels.

• Like 1