Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Brace yourself for resurgence of recently departed folks who will post as though they are far more JD enthusiasts than Commanders fans and some size of urge of newcomers doing the same. Those who have been here awhile will know whereof I speak. 😄

So, like the invasion of the Hawaii folks around Colt Brennan, except this time the QB has some chance of actually playing. 

Great.

I'm going to go start stabbing my eyeballs with hot needles.  

Sigh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I like that Maye stayed at UNC and didn't run when Alabama came calling. Grinded it out even though everyone knew it was going to be a tough year. But at the same time I think Maye would be the unanimous pick for us right now if he went to Alabama. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Maye's my pick and always will be my pick. I'm so sure he'll be in a Washington jersey (or at least a hat) in 7 hours, I'm willing to stake my membership here and leave for good if it doesn't happen. Everything we've heard up to now has been noise and it's lying season. Maye is the one, everything else is social media nonsense.

Is that the purchase price of your membership or the current resale price on the dark web?

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You'll see more kids stay in school because NIL money is only gonna skyrocket.

I think we're in the Wild West phase of NIL spending, and that it will normalize and deals for QBs won't grow exponentially.  First off, NIL earnings will never really be able to compete with NFL contracts because CFB just doesn't generate more money than the NFL.  The NFL is the most profitable entertainment business in the world, and generates and splits revenue between 32 strong brands.  I think I remember reading that CFB generated just under 6 billion in revenue two years ago, compared to the 18 billion for the NFL.  And CFB's revenues aren't going to explode if the sport travels further down the path of uncompetitiveness.  Six name brand programs can't out-earn the NFL.

I think boosters are also going to stop being so liberal with NIL money once they see how little return they're getting for their investment.  If I'm a Texas booster, I'm not going to keep paying Arch Manning 5 million a year to sit the bench, and no NC to show for all of the money spent.

Lastly, I think CFB is going to eventually come up with a roster spending cap and revenue sharing system that will have the ultimate effect of limiting QB NIL deals.  Nobody wants to see the sport become a contest between UT, A&M, Ohio State, and Michigan outspending each other to determine championships.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Panninho said:

I like that Maye stayed at UNC and didn't run when Alabama came calling. Grinded it out even though everyone knew it was going to be a tough year. But at the same time I think Maye would be the unanimous pick for us right now if he went to Alabama. 

If he stayed in school he would probably be the unanimous number one pick next year though. It is a much less stack QB class. 

27 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Full Text:

I asked John Beck, who trains Jayden Daniels, about Daniels' weight and if it will be an issue in the NFL: "When you see his frame it’s easy to add weight to it. You don’t want a guy with his athletic ability to be 220. That takes away something from him. He’s probably always going to be on that leaner side because of his game. But his frame he can put weight on. He’s going to progress as he gets into his 20’s. if you stand side by side with Jayden or put him next to others, you can see that weight is going to be added on as years go. As long as he can maintain his size and speed as he puts on weight that’s going to be amazing."

I watched that video of him about what he eats.

Spaghetti and meatballs.  Cookies and ice cream.  Honeybuns.  I can put on 10 pounds in a few days eating like that

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I love the stuff. It is strong as hell. But gets you in the right mood quicker. :)

I have a good friend who has a similar approach. Start big and then work back down through the ABVs. I work the other way, but the starting point has to be around 5% ABV

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I love the stuff. It is strong as hell. But gets you in the right mood quicker. :)

I am working on my RB board right now for the draft thread but got ways to go.   Maybe finishing my last 10 watches drunk might spice it up, am getting bored doing it sober.

28 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't think anybody has a clue (unless there has been a report today which I've missed, I've been super busy) who's ahead of who.  I'd bet the only people who know that are Peters, Newmark, Quinn and Harris. MAYBE more people know now since we're 7 hours away and more than 4 people will be in the draft room tonight.  

The McCarthy ahead of Maye stuff could very well be true.  It could also be misinformation, or it could be being pushed by an outside source.  

I find it intriguing Keim changed his tune on McCarthy from "probably not" to "don't count him out.  There's something behind that.  But what, tough to tell.  

I think only Jay, Chris Russell, Thor and the WP are in the know right now.

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I have a good friend who has a similar approach. Start big and then work back down through the ABVs. I work the other way, but the starting point has to be around 5% ABV

At least in your neck of the woods it is a reasonable time to drink. On the west coast its not even lunch time yet. You be smashed by the time the pick is in and miss your predicted trade back. LOL

• Haha 1

Just now, rumplestilskin said:

At least in your neck of the woods it is a reasonable time to drink. On the west coast it’s not even lunch time yet. You be smashed by the time the pick is in and miss your predicted trade back. LOL

:ols: Yep 7pm gone here….

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Full Text:

I asked John Beck, who trains Jayden Daniels, about Daniels' weight and if it will be an issue in the NFL: "When you see his frame it’s easy to add weight to it. You don’t want a guy with his athletic ability to be 220. That takes away something from him. He’s probably always going to be on that leaner side because of his game. But his frame he can put weight on. He’s going to progress as he gets into his 20’s. if you stand side by side with Jayden or put him next to others, you can see that weight is going to be added on as years go. As long as he can maintain his size and speed as he puts on weight that’s going to be amazing."

My guy is 24..soon to be 25? If he hasn't added weight by now he will not add much more weight. He is just making excuses for him seeing he is training him. It is what it is. I don't like it but I have no say. 

• Like 6
  • Thumb down 1

9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I basically have done all of my watching drunk for months. :)

If I start drinking now, i am afraid that one more post from @JamesMadisonSkins about trading down, one more about Drake Maye has to sit in his rookie season from someone, one more about Jayden Daniels is a straightline runner from someone -- and I might snap.  So am holding back for a bit. 😎

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, FlyBigBeard said:

My guy is 24..soon to be 25? If he hasn't added weight by now he will not add much more weight. He is just making excuses for him seeing he is training him. It is what it is. I don't like it but I have no say. 

He just turned 23 in December.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

The point is QB's throw the play that is called. It is not their fault that the call was a screen. Holding play calls against their overall stats wont work. Screens are a big part of Riley's offense. So of course Caleb threw a ton of them. It still counts as a throw. Conversely screens werent really a huge part of the Michigan offence. 

Gotcha.  My point though is not to knock someone for throwing screens, but to say that McCarthy “airing it out” more than we might have thought could/should affect the whole “Harbaugh didn’t trust him” narrative.  

• Like 1