Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

More research has been done by the ES crew on the top QBs in this draft than at any other time in the history of this forum.  Pretty cool.  I thought it would be nice to lock in our opinions a bit for future reference.  He is a chart that can be filled in with simple Yes/No answers.  I wish I knew how to post a spreadsheet.

Williams Daniels Maye McCarthy Either Penix, Nix or Rattler
Starter by end of year 1          
Plays at least 16 games in a season at least twice          
Wins at least 1 playoff game during career          
Wins at least 5 playoff game during career          
Wins at least 10 playoff game during career          
Wins at least 1 Super Bowl          
Signs a second contract with his original team        

Williams Daniels Maye McCarthy Either Penix, Nix or Rattler
Starter by end of year 1 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Plays at least 16 games in a season at least twice Yes No Yes Yes Yes
Wins at least 1 playoff game during career Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Wins at least 5 playoff game during career Yes No Yes No No
Wins at least 10 playoff game during career Yes No Yes No No
Wins at least 1 Super Bowl Yes No Yes No No
Signs a second contract with his original team Yes No Yes Yes Yes

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

7 hours till the draft and the site is already crashing. Part timers need to go home.  :)

I got excited and thought some major news broke like a trade or something lolol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Ben Standing also is not sure and he's a multi time mock draft champion. He accurately predicted Forbes last year.

I don't think Daniels is the lock everyone thinks he is.

I don't think he's a lock either but i am buying the smoke that its McCarthy not Maye as the runner up.  

• Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BayouBrave86 said:

It’s not about the QB we draft tonight, it’s about the journey and friends we made along the way in this thread. :lol:

Maybe the prize wasn’t Drake Maye or Jayden Daniels or JJ at all. Maybe the prize was learning to trust the FO again after heartbreak.

And Penix.

• Haha 2

Just remember that every single year, the media puts out a bazillion “sources indicate” reports, and very little of it ever comes to fruition.

NE prepared to select Drake Maye is just the latest.  That’s not up to them, and there’s no way in hell that Peters has told any team or media member who he intends to take.  It’s all game that everyone can stop playing around 8:20 this evening.

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I got excited and thought some major news broke like a trade or something lolol

It would have to be a trade down I gather if major news this early.  I admit no one here would look like the bigger moron than me if they traded down.   I've been saying it's not happening forever.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

We aren't. Trading. Down. 

Oh, I like this game. Can I play too?

We are. Trading. Down. 

1 hour ago, BayouBrave86 said:

It’s not about the QB we draft tonight, it’s about the journey and friends we made along the way in this thread. :lol:

Wait, what? I read the forum rules and no where it says I have to make friends in this thread. 

• Haha 2

Just now, seantaylor=god said:

Maybe the prize wasn’t Drake Maye or Jayden Daniels or JJ at all. Maybe the prize was learning to trust the FO again after heartbreak.

And Penix.

After all these years of distrust and poorly ran FO/franchise can you blame any of us for having reservations and trust is a very hard thing to have after being mistreated the way we were as fans all those years 

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just remember that every single year, the media puts out a bazillion “sources indicate” reports, and very little of it ever comes to fruition.

NE prepared to select Drake Maye is just the latest.  That’s not up to them, and there’s no way in hell that Peters has told any team or media member who he intends to take.  It’s all game that everyone can stop playing around 8:20 this evening.

Yep.  After that time let the conspiracy theories fly when our chosen QB isn't taken that Peters had nothing to do with the pick. 😎

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I would agree with that… As long as they take Drake Maye. If they take Daniels, it will be the worst decision in sports history. Think RG3 to the magnitude of Haynesworth. All trust will be lost.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Pretty sure this was explained in great depth by @Forehead a number of years ago and is now accepted as fact.

Here you go.  Man was that a terrible year for QB's.  Even the ugly ones have sucked.

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

I’m not sure I’m following.  I mean, I get that screen passes matter, but wouldn’t it, for example, be fair to ignore screen plays to better judge accuracy?  Now, I’d still wanna know how accurate they were on screen passes…

If two players throw the same amount of passes, but one throws a screen 10% of the time, and the other 40%, wouldn’t you question a narrative that says the first guy was asked to do less?  I’m not saying you should necessarily draw a conclusion from that info per say, but I’d at least say that data point seems to refute the narrative.

The point is QB's throw the play that is called. It is not their fault that the call was a screen. Holding play calls against their overall stats wont work. Screens are a big part of Riley's offense. So of course Caleb threw a ton of them. It still counts as a throw. Conversely screens werent really a huge part of the Michigan offence. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Here you go.  Man was that a terrible year for QB's.  Even the ugly ones have sucked.

I’ve been saying this for years. Ugly is good. Socially awkward is also acceptable. You do not want your quarterback being good looking and cool though. He goes to USC and is too busy shagging chicks to ever get good at football.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

If they take Daniels, it will be the worst decision in sports history. Think RG3 to the magnitude of Haynesworth. All trust will be lost.

I might disappear in a cocaine fueled whiskey haze for a few weeks, but I'll be back before the season starts.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Oh for what it is worth, based on my theory above, Jayden Daniels is a far better choice than Drake Maye, who has frat VP/lax bro vibes.

Mayes work ethic and love of the game have never been questioned by anyone that I can find. You have a link to some of that stuff by chance?

• Thanks 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Mayes work ethic and love of the game have never been questioned by anyone that I can find. You have a link to some of that stuff by chance?

I think you need to go read the linked thread/theory.  Work ethic has nothing to do with it.