Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We only moved up four spots in 2012 to get RG3. There is a premium on QBs and the Giants are desperate.

If Elliott Wolf is worth anything as a GM he will absolutely fleece the Giants, but knowing how the world works and how NY teams tend to always get breaks they'll probably only have to give up like a 2nd this year and 1st next year to move up.

They won't be desperate because McCarthy is there, too. It's essentially the cost of picking your preference between Maye/McCarthy vs. taking whomever is left. Significant, but not "mortgage the future" worthy.

3 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

I can only pray the Giants draft JJ. He is Daniel Jones 2.0. Would just be too good. 

any Giants QB looks like a world beater against us though, let’s be real :lol:

Good point.  It doesn’t typically even matter who the giants have at QB.  They dominate us regardless lol.  Why are we even debating or worrying about who they might get.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

LSU OL Rankings - LSU Football: Tigers' Offensive Line Paving The Way For Success - Sports Illustrated LSU Tigers News, Analysis and More.

"LSU’s offense ranks among the Top 10 in the country in seven categories – No.2 in total offense (550.4), first downs (27.7), and 3rd-down conversions (57.5 pct.), No. 3 in scoring (45.3), No. 4 pass efficiency (188.0 rating), No. 7 in passing (337.7), and No. 10 in rushing (214.6)."

Michigan OL Rankings - Pro Football Focus ranks the Michigan football offensive line heading into 2023 - Sports Illustrated Michigan Wolverines News, Analysis and More

"The Wolverines came in at No. 1. The top five consisted of: Michigan, Georgia, Oregon State, Alabama, and USC. In fact, the maize and blue were the only Big Ten team in the top 10."

UNC OL Rankings - Sucked

"No article to follow as they don't even rank anywhere close to either of the teams above yet UNC QB Drake Maye took the team on his back and did what he did."

Pretty simple to me.  A 21 year old QB that dealt with an OL that stunk for both years he was able to start and do what he did should be the pick at #2.  

• Thumb up 1

Pete Prisco has lost his damn mind. But I hope he is right!!!

NFL MOCK DRAFT
Round 1

From Carolina Panthers
Round 1 - Pick 1
team logo

team logo

player headshot
LSU • SR • 6'4" / 210 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Chicago
PROSPECT RNK
6th
POSITION RNK
3rd
PAYDS
RUYDS
INTS
TDS
Yes, I think he will be the best quarterback in this class. He is the most-improved player I've ever seen in the course of five years. That's impressive. That matters. He will be Lamar Jackson-like.
Round 1 - Pick 2
team logo

team logo

player headshot
USC • JR • 6'1" / 215 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Washington
PROSPECT RNK
1st
POSITION RNK
1st
PAYDS
RUYDS
INTS
TDS
I keep hearing "generational" when it comes to this kid when talking to scouts, but he needs to clean up a lot of stuff for me to make that claim. Having said that, there is a ton to like. He will be a damn good player.
Round 1 - Pick 3
team logo

team logo

player headshot
NORTH CAROLINA • SOPH • 6'4" / 230 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
New England
PROSPECT RNK
5th
POSITION RNK
2nd
PAYDS
RUYDS
INTS
TDS
I prefer Maye over the remaining quarterbacks, even if he has some mechanical flaws that need fixing. The Patriots have to address quarterback, so this would work.
Round 1 - Pick 4
team logo

team logo

player headshot
LSU • JR • 6'0" / 200 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Arizona
PROSPECT RNK
3rd
POSITION RNK
2nd
REC
REYDS
YDS/REC
TDS
I like Nabers more than Marvin Harrison, which is why this is the pick. Nabers has more wiggle in my mind. Both will be great, but my preference is Nabers.
Round 1 - Pick 5
team logo

team logo

player headshot
OHIO STATE • JR • 6'4" / 205 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
L.A. Chargers
PROSPECT RNK
2nd
POSITION RNK
1st
REC
REYDS
YDS/REC
TDS
I thought about tackle Joe Alt here, but opted to go for a weapon for Justin Herbert. I could see the Chargers trading down to get more picks, but I think they would be wise to add Harrison.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just can't take some of these talking heads seriously, with them saying Bears will pass on Caleb.

Like come on, he's basically moved into his new home already.  Y'all really gonna sacrifice your reputation just for some clicks on something that is a done deal?

If you wanna say Jayden is better, that's your prerogative, but to mock anyone but Caleb to the bears is malpractice. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

UNC OL Rankings - Sucked

"No article to follow as they don't even rank anywhere close to either of the teams above yet UNC QB Drake Maye took the team on his back and did what he did."

Pretty simple to me.  A 21 year old QB that dealt with an OL that stunk for both years he was able to start and do what he did should be the pick at #2.  

"UNC QB Drake Maye had a 1,500-yard All-American RB in his backfield to split the attention of defenses but still threw 9 interceptions in 12 games and piled up mediocre-to-awful accuracy metrics against the fourth-weakest Power 5 schedule in the country while failing to show up big in the biggest games."

There, fixed it, you're welcome. 😋

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

"UNC QB Drake Maye had a 1,500-yard All-American RB in his backfield to split the attention of defenses but still threw 9 interceptions in 12 games and piled up mediocre-to-awful accuracy metrics against the fourth-weakest Power 5 schedule in the country while failing to show up big in the biggest games."

1500 yards rushing only goes so far when your defense is giving up points like UNC's was.  You have to pass to keep up/catch up.  And the other team knows it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

They won't be desperate because McCarthy is there, too. It's essentially the cost of picking your preference between Maye/McCarthy vs. taking whomever is left. Significant, but not "mortgage the future" worthy.

Depends upon how their evals of Maye and McCarthy turned out. If they're super close, they aren't trading up in the first place, if they aren't, yes, they will do a crazy trade up. New England would be full blown idiots not to demand an epic pay day for them to move into that zone. It simply doesn't make sense to move out of the top 3 for old school value chart draft capital. I just don't see that happening, but maybe New England is stupid. 

38 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We only moved up four spots in 2012 to get RG3. There is a premium on QBs and the Giants are desperate.

If Elliott Wolf is worth anything as a GM he will absolutely fleece the Giants, but knowing how the world works and how NY teams tend to always get breaks they'll probably only have to give up like a 2nd this year and 1st next year to move up.

I just don’t see how Minnesota doesn’t do better than the Giant with compensation. They are more desperate for a QB and have more in the way of assets.

Many living here in NY believe it’s all smoke and they go WR.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

I'm was talking about an OLine that couldn't compete against either of the ones that JD and JJ had.  Not even close.  Given the 1500 yard RB but what COULD HAVE BEEN if Maye had what either of the other QBs had in OL and WRs.  There, swallow that and tell me how it taste.  😋

1 hour ago, DiscoBob said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952qhgekan17n8yuqpjtf

Holy **** is there a story behind this vid???

Was it a mistake, did she do it on purpose, was he an old boyfriend that cheated on her years ago and she finally got her revenge?

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 2

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

Holy **** is there a story behind this vid???

Was it a mistake, did she do it on purpose, was he an old boyfriend that cjeated on her years ago and she finally got her revenge?

He forgot to wear his cup. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

I just don’t see how Minnesota doesn’t do better than the Giant with compensation. They are more desperate for a QB and have more in the way of assets.

Many living here in NY believe it’s all smoke and they go WR.

Minnesota can offer more but dropping down to 11 or wherever they pick means losing out on Maye/McCarthy whereas at 6 you still get one of them. Either one of those guys would be the #1 pick in next year's draft. Why pass that up if you're NE?

Drake Maye going to giants doesn’t worry me at all. I just don’t see it with him. In 2 years, he played 6 games against teams that you can say had a decent to pretty good defense. Clemsonx2, NcStatex2, notre damex1 and Oregonx1. And in those games he struggled. In the biggest games, when his team needed him most, when they weren’t the more talented team on the field, Maye struggled with his accuracy and decision making. 

Maybe he turns out to be really good, and I get that he has the traits that can make for a really good qb, but in my opinion, it’s a lot of projecting that gets him to being a good NFL qb. And drafting on future potential is a 50/50 or less proposition.  in the space that is between where he is now to where he might be, there is just as much that can go wrong as there is that can go right. I agree with Cooley and Simms and think that he needs a lot of work, and I am not going to worry myself about a qb that hasn’t proven anything yet.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

So tried to pull together info on breakout years for college and pros for QBs and here's the raw data for like 40 QBs.

qbsnipbreakoutyear.PNG.85d25805894fdfe58dfdbd74907ca70e.PNG

You pulled out the wrong data.

Gotta be very specific.

Do a search over the last 10 years for college qbs that were unsuccessful at another University then transferred to LSU,  had a breakout season, won the Heisman trophy and then entered the draft.

Let's see how that data looks.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 2

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

So tried to pull together info on breakout years for college and pros for QBs and here's the raw data for like 40 QBs.

qbsnipbreakoutyear.PNG.85d25805894fdfe58dfdbd74907ca70e.PNG

Some notes:

4 broke out in 4th year since HS

10 broke out in 5th year since HS

11 broke out in 6th year since HS

9 broke out in 7th year since HS

5 broke out in 8th year or later

and for some reason the website had no flacco college data and it was getting too late at work to look it up

So generally, if someone hasn't broken out within 7 years of exiting HS, they probably aren't going to figure it out.

For NFL breakouts

8 year 1 breakouts

15 Year 2 breakouts

9 Year 3 breakouts

And 6 year 4 or later

INTERESTINGLY, only TWO people, Carson Palmer and Joe Burrow, pulled off solid careers after spending 5 years in college.

Now these stats are, generally speaking, QBs of some note and skill in the NFL, so I'm hesitant to read too far into college breakout years too far to analyze if younger breakout years leads to better careers, I'd want to analyze busts too.

6 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

You pulled out the wrong data.

Gotta be very specific.

Do a search over the last 10 years for college qbs that were unsuccessful at another University then transferred to LSU,  had a breakout season, won the Heisman trophy and then entered the draft.

Let's see how that data looks.

That data is in there, and yes, there is a 100% hit rate on those QBs, TECHNICALLY.

Technically GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, RWJ said:

LSU OL Rankings - LSU Football: Tigers' Offensive Line Paving The Way For Success - Sports Illustrated LSU Tigers News, Analysis and More.

"LSU’s offense ranks among the Top 10 in the country in seven categories – No.2 in total offense (550.4), first downs (27.7), and 3rd-down conversions (57.5 pct.), No. 3 in scoring (45.3), No. 4 pass efficiency (188.0 rating), No. 7 in passing (337.7), and No. 10 in rushing (214.6)."

Michigan OL Rankings - Pro Football Focus ranks the Michigan football offensive line heading into 2023 - Sports Illustrated Michigan Wolverines News, Analysis and More

"The Wolverines came in at No. 1. The top five consisted of: Michigan, Georgia, Oregon State, Alabama, and USC. In fact, the maize and blue were the only Big Ten team in the top 10."

UNC OL Rankings - Sucked

Maye was also playing against a terrible ACC. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

You may well be both the smartest and most disciplined man on this forum. I envy you.

Personally, I lack the discipline to stay away so long.

I need my daily Extremeskins fix, or I get the shakes. lol

Oh I still get my daily fix, got to keep up with the news, but the constant belittling, arguing, and name calling makes my head hurt.  

I eavesdrop a little, call people idiots in my mind as to not provoke the Jumbo ninja 🥷, and I figure once Thursday happens, all will settle down, and intellectualism will return.  Then I can be an undisciplined idiot again too!🤓

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1