Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Scheduled last week

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/vikings-private-workout-scheduled-jayden-daniels

"It's unclear why it took this long, but the Vikings finally have a private workout scheduled with LSU quarterback and reigning Heisman winner Jayden Daniels, as Ian Rapaport of NFL Network first reported. It'll take place next Thursday in Louisiana, according to KSTP's Darren Wolfson."

Ohh nvm lolol

2 hours ago, Panninho said:

Maybe it's nothing, but I find it interesting nonetheless

I know what you mean.  ESPN likes to sell themselves as having the professionalism and prestige of a traditional news media even though they have a massive conflict of interest in their reporting because they are broadcasters.  They absolutely have a huge SEC bias, and I'm sure that promoting the conference has nothing to do with wooing them and finally getting them to leave CBS for ESPN.

It's going to get worse when CFB realignment coalesces D1 into a two league system where ESPN controls the TV rights to one of them (SEC-ACC), and CBS, NBC, FOX control the rights to the other (B1G-BIG 12).

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The downside to that for some teams is it likely takes you out of the Harrison, Nabers, Odunze game.  For the Giants #6 pick they are still in play.

I don’t see that as an issue. AZ traded from 3 to 12 last year, then right back up to 6.

Giants at #6 is the cleanest route through, I agree.

2 hours ago, Panninho said:

I know this sounds like a bit of a conspiracy theory and maybe there is nothing to it or good alternative explanations but I find it interesting that this JD is/should be a lock at #2 is being pushed by a lot of ESPN people (Kiper, Yates, Orlovsky, Schefter, etc.). Maybe it's a misconception but to me it feels like reporters from other outlets (e.g. Athletic or NFL Network) are much more careful in their wording with regards to the #2 pick even if they think JD will or should be the pick.

Reasons could be that the ESPN people are simply better plugged in with us or just in general. But it also does not seem so far fetched to think that they are promoting Daniels because he is the starboy of the SEC (consciously or unconsciously). They make it known how hard the competition was that he faced over there and how incredible he is while ****ting on Maye's competition in the ACC. None of that is untrue but it's still noteworthy how much they seem to push for that. Kiper got really angry in that video about how JD might not be a lock to the Commanders anymore. Like 3-4 weeks he had both on par and as a coinflip and now he is so invested in JD at #2...

Daniel Jeremiah talked about this weird reporting here at 7:40. That there is a huge narrative out there about who we (it's pretty evident he is talking about us without saying our name) apparently pick when the decision makers haven't even decided yet (and he insinuates that he talked to Peters recently). I feel like a lot of that is coming from ESPN-affiliated people. Interestingly, Jeremiah is one of the people who still has us taking Maye.

Maybe it's nothing, but I find it interesting nonetheless.

He had the no.6 overall mock draft score last year and no.16 over the last 5 years. Peter Schrager no.31 and did not make the top 68 over 5 years.

One thing that Top Golf-gate revealed is that this team has a first round grade on Michael Penix and not on Bo Nix.  He's peer to McCarthy, Maye, and Daniels, and Nix is not.

Penix is the also-ran who feels like he could end up winning the race.  Something about that dude worries me.  Like he's going to drop, end up on a good team, and then be the best QB of the bunch, and we're going to get an endless narrative about how dumb we were to pass over him for the duration of his career.

Anyway, I'm glad we're getting a QB this year instead of next, or not having to try and make it work with a mid rounder like Travis or Rattler.  The five first rounders in this year's class are all head and shoulders better than those two, as well as any of the top guys for next year.  Ewers and Beck's film isn't even on the same planet as Maye's sophomore film, and Milroe's film is downright painful.  He is terrible.  And Kyle McCord was almost as bad.  Shedeur Sanders comes with a three ring circus, but he already has a massive lead for QB1 next year.  He is going to be over hyped to death.

JJ McCarthy was ready to go pro, and he'll end up in a better situation as QB4 this uear, but if he'd gone back to school for another year I think he easily would have been QB1 in 2025.

• Like 3

I like Penix a lot. If he were two years younger with healthier history itd be VERY close between him and Maye for QB2

4 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

One thing that Top Golf-gate revealed is that this team has a first round grade on Michael Penix and not on Bo Nix.  He's peer to McCarthy, Maye, and Daniels, and Nix is not.

Penix is the also-ran who feels like he could end up winning the race.  Something about that dude worries me.  Like he's going to drop, end up on a good team, and then be the best QB of the bunch, and we're going to get an endless narrative about how dumb we were to pass over him for the duration of his career.

Anyway, I'm glad we're getting a QB this year instead of next, or not having to try and make it work with a mid rounder like Travis or Rattler.  The five first rounders in this year's class are all head and shoulders better than those two, as well as any of the top guys for next year.  Ewers and Beck's film isn't even on the same planet as Maye's sophomore film, and Milroe's film is downright painful.  He is terrible.  And Kyle McCord was almost as bad.  Shedeur Sanders comes with a three ring circus, but he already has a massive lead for QB1 next year.  He is going to be over hyped to death.

JJ McCarthy was ready to go pro, and he'll end up in a better situation as QB4 this uear, but if he'd gone back to school for another year I think he easily would have been QB1 in 2025.

If Im Miami or Dallas Id draft Penix in a heartbeat 

Penix is a freak as far as size-speed-arm strength.  And he certainly doesn't have the sack-pressure issues that Daniels, Maye and Caleb have.

He's so wildly inconsistent as to accuracy.   Had some really bad games and really great games.  But his tools are clearly there.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Ok the Vikes scheduling a dinner at this hour is indeed juicy news! 

3-way trade!

We get #3 and a 2025 1st

Pats get #11 and #23

Vikings get #2 and Daniels

We lose the trade, but if our guy is Maye all along and we still get him, it doesn't matter. Get your guy and add a future pick. Pats win the trade on trade-value pretty big, but they're being asked to essentially forego a QB so that makes sense.

One can dream

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

We lose the trade, but if our guy is Maye all along and we still get him, it doesn't matter. Get your guy and add a future pick. Pats win the trade on trade-value pretty big, but they're being asked to essentially forego a QB so that makes sense.

One can dream

The Pats take a massive L on value and would never accept that deal.  Those three first round picks are not even remotely close enough in value for the Vikings to jump to three, let alone two.

It'd take 3 first round picks AND day two change AND players for Minnesota to get to #2 from 11 in a QB class this strong.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

The Pats take a massive L on value and would never accept that deal.  Those three first round picks are not even remotely close enough in value for the Vikings to jump to three, let alone two.

It'd take 3 first round picks AND day two change AND players for Minnesota to get to #2 from 11 in a QB class this strong.

Fine. Let the Pats get the 2025 1st and give us Christian Darrisaw

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Why not? If we made the decision that there are only two players that we would be happy with and we are not trading out of that spot and he’s not one of those two players… If you’ve made your decision on who you are going to hire, you tell the other candidates that they’re not getting the job. 

It's like Poker, there really is no value in showing your hand early.

Our old front office SUCKED at this.... a new front office shouldn't be compromising on this idea during their first draft.  It's a super longshot, but you don't want to eliminate the opportunity for a Ricky Williams type of offer because you played your cards too early.

• Like 1

Just now, seantaylor=god said:

I’m starting to think we end up trading 2 for 3 and get Maye and a 3rd plus. 

If reporting is right, Pats want Daniels bad. 

I have gotten flack for always wanting to trade down but we are in position to maximize that opportunity if this is in fact the case. Whether someone like LV comes to #3 with NE, or NE wants Daniels, there's a chance for us to flip #2 and #3 and getting our guy anyway. 

Yeah, I mean why would Jayden prefer New England so strongly? It has to be that they showed him the love and he’s excited about the fit and coaching staff.

We have done a great job of not leaking our intentions. Just keep it up, talk up Jayden some more, and bait them into it.

Edited by seantaylor=god
  • Like 2

My first impression of JD’s agent on twitter was that it’s a big nothing burger. I don’t think Kevin would repost with an eyeball emoji if it was actually a big nothing burger. I am sure Keim will be reserved in his online commentary regarding the situation though.