Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I will say this.  Of the recent "blown interview" rumors, only one comes from an actual real person as opposed to an anonymous twitter account.

Evan Silva said Jayden had a bad WAS interview.

Random twitter account said Penix had a bad interview

Random twitter account said Silva rumor about Jayden interview is untrue.

Now that doesn't make Silva more accurate or true, but at least his name is next to the rumor.

Evan Silva said [Rumors are] Jayde bad interview blah blah. 

Does not mention he got this from a source or anything. Usually when they report something from a source they say a source told them. I'm telling you. Its that ****ing Bickel kids friend again. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Its hard not to notice that when people (reporters, old players and coaches) are saying Daniels is viewed favorably and possibly going at #2 that they are the least trust worthy sources of information and don't know anything about football and terrible evaluators. 

But when people (reporters, youtubers, Erick Bickles Sons friends buddy) are saying Daniels blew an interview or is not seen favorably or that Maye is clearly the #2 they are not trolls and have been working for NBC for years and all of a sudden very trustworthy. 

LOL 

Correct.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Evan Silva said [Rumors are] Jayde bad interview blah blah. 

Does not mention he got this from a source or anything. Usually when they report something from a source they say a source told them. I'm telling you. Its that ****ing Bickel kids friend again. 

He put it in the blurb in his mock draft not an article. You don’t have much space in a mock draft to go into details. 

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He put it in the blurb in his mock draft not an article. You don’t have much space in a mock draft to go into details. 

True. Absence of evidence is usually evidence of evidence. 

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

It doesn’t deny he had a bad interview with Washington. It simply says he will go where he is drafted. 

(In Foghorn Leghorn voice):

"And that I say, and that I say, sir, is because Da Nile is da longest rivah!"

• Like 1

Jaden Daniels Mom was just on Twitter saying she definitely prefers New England.

She was talking about Boston Cream Pies, Boston Baked Beans, and New England Clam Chowder. All they have from DC is 5 Guys.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

RGIII defends Drake Maye's honor on "Get Up" after Merril Hoge's disparaging comments.

RGIII, "Drake Maye reminds me of me and he has everything he needs to be a franchise qb. If he gets a coach fired then that coach can't coach, just like what happened to Mike Shanahan."

If I turn off my brain, RGIII is interesting to listen to, but I can't get over the idea that all of his commentary is a pretext for some creative retconning of his history as a player...

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Dah-Dee said:

Patriots reporters might be stalking our board lol:

https://www.patsfans.com/patriots/blog/2024/04/09/commanders-pondering-analytics-with-daniels/

Commanders Pondering Analytics with Daniels?

Out in Washington, just like in New England, they’re trying to poke holes into Jayden Daniels’ game as the Commanders have seemingly shown the most interest in the LSU quarterback.

The number one stat that keeps coming up is the fact Daniels never had a pressure-to-sack rate of less than 20% in a single season in his career, with his combined pressure-to-sack rate finishing at 24%.

Commanders reporter Mitch Tischler of NBC Sports Washington spoke with 106.7 on Monday and talked a little bit about his thoughts on the analytics focused on Daniels’ sack rate.  To Tischler, he believes when it comes to Daniels, the LSU standout has the physical tools, which he believes might be tougher to correct with North Carolina’s Drake Maye.

“I like Jayden, but I certainly won’t be upset if Drake Maye ends up being the guy,” said Tischler.  “There are baselines in college for these stats that, for years, it’s been a moving goalpost about, ‘if a guy can’t complete more than 60% of his passes in college, he’ll never do it in the pros.’  And you have a guy like Josh Allen who, coming out of Wyoming, completed in the mid-50s percentage of his passes, and lots of folks said, ‘Oh, he can’t be successful, he’s not accurate enough, he doesn’t have a high enough completion percentage.’  You look at kind of what he’s doing in the league now, and you can see there are different ways to be successful.”

“Obviously, the pressure-to-sack ratio isn’t a fantastic stat for Jayden Daniels, but I think his completion percentage and his yards per attempt, and his ability to use legs can kind of counteract those things.  At the end of the day, you look at it, and Drake Maye’s pressure-to-sack ratio is percentage is a percentage point and a half lower than what Jayden Daniels’ is.  It’s not like it’s a massive upgrade when you start looking at Drake Maye.  So, listen, there are positive and negative stats you can throw out there for all of these guys at quarterback.  At the end of the day, you have to, as a team, sit down and look at where the player needs improvement and if that can happen within your organization.”

“It’s kind of the same thing I’ve been saying for a long time.  For me, I think Jayden Daniels needs to learn how to use the whole field and read the middle of the field a little bit more, maybe be quicker going through his progressions.  And I think that’s something that you can teach a young quarterback.”

“With Drake Maye, my worry is his footwork, and his quick pass completion percentage where he can get a little hairy with the football.  To me, that feels a lot tougher to fix something physical than something mental when you get to the NFL level.  And in the meantime, with Jayden Daniels, you have his elite athleticism that you can use to move him around the pocket.”

Tischler also noted that he understands why there is concern when it comes to that pressure-to-sack statistic after what happened with Sam Howell last year, with Howell going down a staggering 65 times in 2023.

For now, they’re going through a lot of similar discussions we’re hearing locally, so it was interesting to hear that perspective.

Ehm, no. It's funny how some of these articles/quotes seem just tailor made for largely a bunch of verbal flatulence. Yes, pressure to sack ratio can be just gotten rid of with athleticism. Actually, athleticism is fundamentally something that contributes to the pressure to sack ratio.

As for the mechanics talk. Let me point you at the last half dozen stud QB's with supposedly ---- mechanics who are studs, there's an endless supply. 

The truth is somewhere probably in the middle. With Jayden's athleticism and improvements over time carry over, or will they go the way of Pickett, and just continue to contribute to poor decision making under pressure. Will Maye's mechanics nightmare be a thing, be a thing that's corrected, or cripple him? We'll see.

It bums me out when I just read stuff that sounds like straight b.s. though, and those quotes? Just nonsense to me. If he could get away with his athleticism, one would think he'd do it with the elite talent he had at LSU during a career season in so many other categories, but just like with Fields, he couldn't. I tend to think its just a fundamental problem. We'll see how fundamental given time at the pro level. Maybe it's nonsense like the endless litany of ticky tacky mystery bull---- people threw at Herbert December '19 to April '20 proved to be. 

Edited by The Consigliere
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Naa, they are all full of **** and don't actually know more than my Mom's Chihuahua.

silly-funny-chihuahua-dog-portrait-white

Ffimage.thumb.png.827fb9481bd13b163332206feba0e517.png

Old man looks at pic and thinks:

Oh my, isn't little "Alamy" just about the cutest most adorable thing you ever did see!

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Maye is the consensus pick after Caleb and has been for 2 years.

So I think we have to start with the fact that word, consensus, I do not think it means what you think it means.  So consulting a dictionary:

----------------------------------------------------------------

con·sen·sus
/kənˈsensəs/
noun
a general agreement.

There is no "general agreement" whatsoever in any way shape or form of who should be the #2 overall pick.  Not within any of the reporting we've heard.  Not within the draftnik community, not within the reporting of what teams are thinking.  

In fact, based on the preponderance of the evidence, you could believe Daniels is more of the consensus #2 pick rather than Daniels.

In YOUR head, it's a no-brainer, it's Maye first.  But that is absolutely NOT the consensus feeling.  

If you need ONE example of a high profile person who has Daniels as higher than Maye, Kiper is one.  And because of how big Kiper is, just that alone means Maye couldn't currently be considered the consensus #2 pick.

He was.  6 months ago.  He no longer is.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Daniels wants to play in Vegas but he has no control of that. Of course at this rate he might legitimately fall that far in the draft. We'll see.

Did you spell Maye wrong? He is the one that might tumble down to Vegas at this rate. All signs are pointing to JD going second. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So I think we have to start with the fact that word, consensus, I do not think it means what you think it means.  So consulting a dictionary:

con·sen·sus
/kənˈsensəs/

noun
a general agreement.

There is no "general agreement" whatsoever in any way shape or form of who should be the #2 overall pick.  Not within any of the reporting we've heard.  Not within the draftnik community, not within the reporting of what teams are thinking.  

In fact, based on the preponderance of the evidence, you could believe Daniels is more of the consensus #2 pick rather than Daniels.

In YOUR head, it's a no-brainer, it's Maye first.  But that is absolutely NOT the consensus feeling.  

If you need ONE example of a high profile person who has Daniels as higher than Maye, Kiper is one.  And because of how big Kiper is, just that alone means Maye couldn't currently be considered the consensus #2 pick.

Ha! Your post made me think of....

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952i78v4b54iyackcqop1

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

con·sen·sus
/kənˈsensəs/

noun
a general agreement.

Over the past 11 months he absolutely has been the consensus number 2 pick. It’s not debatable. 

2 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Did you spell Maye wrong? He is the one that might tumble down to Vegas at this rate. All signs are pointing to JD going second. 

There are no signs of anything from anyone involved in the process. The "signs" you're talking about are sports writers and social media people who either express their opinion or say what they've "heard" about those guys from some random sources who may or may not actually be with other teams but who most certainly have nothing to do with the Commanders FO.

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

The source of the “signs” in the bayou:

IMG_1812.jpeg.af014e48419cd324ea14d37270bdc1d5.jpeg

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Jaden Daniels Mom was just on Twitter saying she definitely prefers New England.

She was talking about Boston Cream Pies, Boston Baked Beans, and New England Clam Chowder. All they have from DC is 5 Guys.

All they have from DC is 5 Guys.

Don't forget these bad boys...

Ffimage.png.be08eb9d6b7aba205d46ebfc456c9849.png

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

Over the past 11 months he absolutely has been the consensus number 2 pick. It’s not debatable. 

See, here's the thing with statements like that: they're wrong.

I can disprove it by saying, at the very least, Kiper has Daniels as #2 on his big board, Keim has reported he hears more Daniels than Maye from the coaches/scouts he talks to, Standig has said the same.  Schefter on his podcast was a little elusive, but he indicated as well he thought he was hearing more Daniels than Maye and he would pencil Daniels in as the pick.

There is a MOUNTAIN of reporting that has Daniels as the #2 QB.

And then there's you, saying "Trust me, he's the #2 guy even though that's opposite of what literally the entire NFL community is saying."

Sometimes you just need to stop trying to bully your way to your opinion, you look like a fool doing it.  You're wrong.  Just sit there and be wrong instead of being arrogant about it and hoping by doubling down you convince anybody you're right.

Or, provide ANY type of backup to say Maye is the consensus #2 QB.  Not just "trust me, it's been this way because I know." 

If we pick Maye, the lead story is going to be we bypassed what a lot of other people are going to say was the consensus #2 pick in Daniels. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

See, here's the thing with statements like that: they're wrong.

I can disprove it by saying, at the very least, Kiper has Daniels as #2 on his big board, Keim has reported he hears more Daniels than Maye from the coaches/scouts he talks to, Standig has said the same.  Schefter on his podcast was a little elusive, but he indicated as well he thought he was hearing more Daniels than Maye and he would pencil Daniels in as the pick.

And then there's you, saying "Trust me, he's the #2 guy even though that's opposite of what literally the entire NFL community is saying."

Sometimes you just need to stop trying to bully your way to your opinion, you look like a fool doing it.  You're wrong.  Just sit there and be wrong instead of being arrogant about it and hoping by doubling down you convince anybody you're right.

Or, provide ANY type of backup to say Maye is the consensus #2 QB.  Not just "trust me, it's been this way because I know." 

If we pick Maye, the lead story is going to be we bypassed what a lot of other people are going to say was the consensus #2 pick in Daniels. 

Show one single board in the preseason through November that had Daniels as the number 2 QB in this draft. There aren’t any. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I recognized this as sarcasm INSIDE A TWEET FROM KEIM and am proud of myself.  

Hate to tell you this, but you’re gonna have to reset that “Days Since V_o_R misread sarcasm” meter back to zero after this one. Keim is not being sarcastic there at all

Edited by Conn
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Show one single board in the preseason through November that had Daniels as the number 2 QB in this draft. There aren’t any. 

Who cares?  That was November.  

Time moves on.  Unless the teams are getting into a DeLorean Time Machine and the draft is in November, what in the can of beans does a draft board 2 months before the season is over have to do with anything?

All that matters is now.  And now, there is no consensus.  And if there was a lean, it would lean the other way.

• Like 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Who cares?  That was November.  

I said he has been the consensus number 2 pick for over a year. Of course it matters. You always get random players shoot up boards after the season in the media and if they are picked early typically end up busts.

Caleb and Maye have been the consensus 1st and 2nd picks in this draft for over a year. Thats a fact. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

"There is a MOUNTAIN of reporting that has Daniels as the #2 QB.

And then there's you @SoCalSkins saying "Trust me..."

This is where you lost me VOR.

I would put SCS's credibility score, especially when it comes to big stories or events, up against anyone on or off the the forum, including Keim, and Schefter.

When has he ever been wrong when he's put his reputation, honor, and dignity on the line?

Not once has he failed us. I stand firmly with my good friend and  still undefeated prognosticator to the stars SCS on this one.

I mean, think about it, ever since he correctly guaranteed that Bezos would buy the team he's been on a roll.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 4