Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, mac8887 said:

I agree with you, we should take Joe Milton on a late round flyer. 

I guess I should have added also has a basic knowledge of how to read a defense and what a safety and CB actually are. 

Edit: And I will add that I would prefer Milton in round 6 or 7 over Daniels at number 2 over the two QB's ahead of him. 

Edited by clskinsfan

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I guess I should have added also has a basic knowledge of how to read a defense and what a safety and CB actually are. 

Safety is the thing you flick on a gun to make it shoot/not shoot, right?

I think I'm ready for the NFL now, put me in coach!

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Separate post just to say the NFLN talking heads of Brooks and Jeremiah bring up some good points.  Again, for me, Maye all the way and for others Daniels all the way.  

23 minutes ago, MartinC said:

He will weigh over 200. But it will be water weight.

He's gonna have to run and throw as well at his pro day. Didnt do that at the combine either. So if he wants to bloat up with water weight he will pay for it there. Thats why I said he was dumb not to do one or the other. He cannot hide his measurement limitations. His combine was just dumb.

20 minutes ago, RWJ said:

and for others Daniels all the way.  

I dont think it is for very many others actually. 

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

He's gonna have to run and throw as well at his pro day. Didnt do that at the combine either. So if he wants to bloat up with water weight he will pay for it there. Thats why I said he was dumb not to do one or the other. He cannot hide his measurement limitations. His combine was just dumb.

He doesn't necessarily have to run on his pro day, but it will look pretty bad if he doesn't. And yeah, he basically boxes himself into a bit of a corner. Can't put on fat or lots of water weight and still keep the same speed. So he may have to choose one over the other.

Would have made way more sense to do one at the combine and the other at his pro day. Then he could either put on or take off a few pounds beforehand.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont think he over 200. Watch. 

He'd be an absolute fool if he shows up at his pro day under 205.  And his agent would be an idiot.  If he's 200 +-1-2 lbs at his pro day that's not a major problem, that's disqualifying for top 5 consideration, imo.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont think it is for very many others actually. 

There seems to be the Maye camp, that's me and then the Daniel's camp.  They know who they are.  It's cool. I still believe Maye is the pick on draft night as they think Daniels it.  It will be that way for several more weeks.  LOL

• Like 2

I have no clue who they will take, just as long as it’s qb 2 or qb 3. Trust them to pick best qb for Kingsbury system.

If they decide qb 4 or qb 5 is better; they better get it right.

I think you are allowed 30 visits from draft picks to your facilities.

So, who we invite to Ashburn should be telling.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

40 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If they decide qb 4 or qb 5 is better

I am fine with whoever they pick. Odds say all of these guys are gonna bust anyways. ONE will make it. The rest wont. I just hope they pick the one.

NeoTheMatrix.jpg

2 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Yup, and he's really only got 1 more chance to prove he can add to the frame in the right way before draft day.  If he's under 210 at his pro day, we have a major problem.

Fighters always do it, but I doubt it will be his true playing weight. Only he and his camp know the true weight, but I don't think it's 210. 

18 minutes ago, NOLA2DC said:

Fighters always do it, but I doubt it will be his true playing weight. Only he and his camp know the true weight, but I don't think it's 210. 

If he was actually at 210 or so I think he would have weighed in at the combine and called it a day as that's his listed weight on the LSU site. I wouldn't be surprised if he's under 200 at the moment.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But I couldn’t find a good cutup of just pass plays.

You have to watch him run too. Just watch the whole game and fast forward through the trash. 

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he's under 200 at the moment.

Yep. Probably by more than we think actually. 

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

There seems to be the Maye camp, that's me and then the Daniel's camp.  They know who they are.  It's cool. I still believe Maye is the pick on draft night as they think Daniels it.  It will be that way for several more weeks.  LOL

And there’s the trade-back camp… I don’t believe we reach for a qb at #2 if there’s a qb-needy team after free agency.

I HATED the recent Dotson and Forbes picks (should have had olave and Gonzalez) when most on here didn’t have a problem. I’m seeing the same scenario here if we draft maye or Daniels… 

too many are brainwashed into thinking that if you have a top pick it must be used on a qb. It simply isn’t the case… ask the jets.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, CTskin said:

And there’s the trade-back camp… I don’t believe we reach for a qb at #2 if there’s a qb-needy team after free agency.

I HATED the recent Dotson and Forbes picks (should have had olave and Gonzalez) when most on here didn’t have a problem. I’m seeing the same scenario here if we draft maye or Daniels… 

too many are brainwashed into thinking that if you have a top pick it must be used on a qb. It simply isn’t the case… ask the jets.

I get it but you don't have the #2 overall pick often (not the place to be) and 3 talented QBs and let them all pass you by.  Look at QB needy teams like the Vikes, Falcons, etc.  They have to mortgage the future away.  When at #2 you don't have to.  

2 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Dainels is probably between 200 and 205 pounds. That is probably his playing weight.

Not good at his height and it will be hard to keep the playing weight on too.  I feel for the guy, in a way because he's not got a bigger frame to bulk up.  

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, CTskin said:

So the entire NFL is brainwashed? Are the Texans brainwashed? Are the people in the ES Trade Back Crew the only enlightened ones in the world?

This is the whole "High 1st round busts exist, therefore it makes more sense to trade down" logical fallacy that we've seen from the TBC here many times.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I get it but you don't have the #2 overall pick often (not the place to be) and 3 talented QBs and let them all pass you by.  Look at QB needy teams like the Vikes, Falcons, etc.  They have to mortgage the future away.  When at #2 you don't have to.  

Agreed. You miss all the shots you don't take. If you can get a QB with the number 2 pick and a rookie contract, you take the chance.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, CTskin said:

It’s what teams do when they are picking high and need a QB. The Jets missing on 2 in a row doesn’t change the dynamic that QB by a mile is the most important position in sports 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

too many are brainwashed into thinking that if you have a top pick it must be used on a qb

If you dont have a franchise QB you literally have a ZERO percent chance of winning the Super Bowl. I have been screaming for 20 years to draft a QB in the middle of the first round. Now we have a blue chip QB fall into our laps and those that dont want to trade back are brainwashed?

Frustrated Head GIF

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

And now I’m watching Elemental with the fam for Saturday night movie night.  

You're not doing yourself any favors on this thread, dude. Invoke paterfamilias and make them watch Lion King or Aristocats or something or tell them you'll pull a Titus Manlius Torquatus.

Edited by Ghost of
I know every Thomas and Friends theme song but let me catch my kids watching Elemental.
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

You're not doing yourself any favors on this thread, dude. Invoke paterfamilias and make them watch Lion King or Aristocats or something or tell them you'll pull a Titus Manlius Torquatus.

IMG_3929.jpeg

• Haha 1