Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

The firable offense for Adam Peters is failing to swing at a fastball thrown over the middle of the plate.  This is our swing, and it's not getting any better than this while Adam Peters and Dan Quinn are in charge.

To want to pass on this opportunity where every star aligned for us is contemptible.  The fans that want to see this happen deserve to follow a loser.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

peters: Hey NE, we're analyzing all our options and want to know who might be interested in the #2 pick. We know you all love some of these QBs, just curious to know what package you'd offer.

NE: Hey, yeah, we actually have our eyes on one guy we really like. Think we'd be willing to give you #34, but not much more than that.

Peters: Cool, thanks, we'll be in touch, likely on draft day since we are planning to wait until then to make a deal if we do anything. 

NE: Cool

Draft day:

Peters: Hey NE, have a couple offers for #2, still debating what to do. Who would you all be coming up for? Daniels or Maye? It'll impact who and where we trade back to, since we have some guys we still want to target.

NE: If we swap, we're coming up for Daniels.. 

Peters: Great, I think we have a deal, but let me check back with these other teams first.

I'm enjoying these fake dialogues haha. But I have to imagine that's roughly how this conversation goes with almost every team in the Top 10 as they all figure out what could unfold on draft day. We already know these things happen.

That honestly might be the most realistic. I don't think GMs are going out of their way to deceive and trick each other. These guys are all a network and colleagues and most of them are close and tight knit.

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

The firable offense for Adam Peters is failing to swing at a fastball thrown over the middle of the plate.  This is our swing, and it's not getting any better than this while Adam Peters and Dan Quinn are in charge.

To want to pass on this opportunity where every star aligned for us is contemptible.  The fans that want to see this happen deserve to follow a loser.

I agree. If we draft a QB and he busts, so be it. But if we pass on a QB and he ends up being a star, I fire Peters immediately.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I think people vastly overrate the poker playing and bluffing that GMs do with each other. These guys all know each other and have an idea of what each other wants/needs.

We know through reporting and video recaps of draft season that teams release that these guys are constantly calling each other, talking, etc. The closer to the top you are, the more control you have, and likely the more teams engaging you about options. Peters is having these conversations with every team in the Top 10 before the draft. And they are all probably being mostly honest.

"Hell Adam, if you let us have #2, we'd love to come up and get our guy Daniels, but we aren't willing to pay that price," - Vegas, likely. 

49 minutes ago, illone said:

Crossing my fingers that Maye goes to the Giants. If he plays right away he will challenge Howell’s sack numbers from last season and ill be here for it, esp Whitt adding to those numbers. 

The best outcome would be them trading a pile of picks to move up to get him. That would be even more glorious. 

Sort of a weird take, given that Maye has the lowest pressure-to-sack ratio of the top 3 QBs. 

And that — unlike the 4 QBs slotted behind him — he’s been one of the most pressured QBs in NCAA over the last two seasons, so the shell shock of being constantly under siege would be nothing particularly new to him. That transition to a sieve of an OL might go a little differently when you’ve gotten accustomed to clean pockets as a way of life, as has been the case for Daniels/McCarthy/Nix/Penix.

Maye didn’t throw it very well under pressure last year, so it might be a more reasonable take that he’d just be bad if he was constantly under pressure? Although apparently that rarely translates cleanly from NCAA to pros. But taking tons of sacks? I think Daniels is the one you’re looking for on that front. His only chance behind a bad OL is going to be the threat of him taking off running, which might limit the blitzes and force some DLs to try to contain him rather than coming after him full speed.

• Thumb up 1

The Maye dislike as a prospect on this thread is intense with a few. :ols:  I know some say they don't dislike him as a prospect but rooting for him to go to a division rival for me is a 10 out of 10 level disliking the dude as a prospect.

It feels like i did when I pumped my fist in celebration when the Giants took Daniel Jones in the draft years ago.  Why?  Because i thought Daniel would be a bust.  No way I buy anyone rooting for Maye to end up in NY as being cool with him as the pick here, it makes no sense for me to root for ANY player to go to a divison rival if they think they are good.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7

The ONLY pick trading we should even be contemplating involving the top 3 is sending 40 to the Pats so they don't trade with the Giants.

Take Daniels/Maye?  Fine.

Trade with Atlanta?  Great.

Trade with Broncos or Raiders?  Baller

Just do not trade with the ****ing Giants.  Heck, Pats should still be mad about 07 and 11, tell em to **** off.

13 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Granted its just a small number of people.  But I am surprised how many are good with mediocrity as an option.    We've had two regimes (Bruce and Ron) which seemed to embrace that mindset.  I got a strong vibe that Peters does not. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think people vastly overrate the poker playing and bluffing that GMs do with each other. These guys all know each other and have an idea of what each other wants/needs.

Yep I agree. They all piss in the same pot to a certain degree. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Granted its just a small number of people.  But I am surprised how many are good with mediocrity as an option.    We've had two regimes (Bruce and Ron) which seemed to embrace that mindset.  I got a strong vibe that Peters does not. 

You must be the only person in the world that knows for certain which of the QBs will end up mediocre. You’re clearly in the wrong job..:rofl89:

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Maye dislike as a prospect on this thread is intense with a few. :ols:  I know some say they don't dislike him as a prospect but rooting for him to go to a division rival for me is a 10 out of 10 level disliking the dude as a prospect.

It feels like i did when I pumped my fist in celebration when the Giants took Daniel Jones in the draft years ago.  Why?  Because i thought Daniel would be a bust.  No way I buy anyone rooting for Maye to end up in NY as being cool with him as the pick here, it makes no sense for me to root for ANY player to go to a divison rival if they think they are good.

Maye to NYG is your worst nightmare isn’t it :ols:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

You must be the only person in the world that knows for certain which of the QBs will end up mediocre. You’re clearly in the wrong job..:rofl89:

You have a habit of accusing me of what you do.   

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Maye to NYG is your worst nightmare isn’t it :ols:

Yep I know you clearly think you know football better than Daboll.  So you can deem them fools.  I don't roll like that.  

I am not rooting for my division rivals to get a QB that is mostly touted by smarter people than me.  But I am not the guru you are.  So am staying in my lane.  

• Haha 1

Good article in Wash Post by Sam Fortier and Nicki Jhabvala- "How will the Commanders land a new QB? They have a lot of options."

If you read the article also check out the 195 comments from fans.  There are a lot of diverse opinions on what the Commanders should

do in this draft.

2 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Good article in Wash Post by Sam Fortier and Nicki Jhabvala- "How will the Commanders land a new QB? They have a lot of options."

If you read the article also check out the 195 comments from fans.  There are a lot of diverse opinions on what the Commanders should

do in this draft.

Most of our fans are dumb.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, veteranskinsfan said:

do in this draft.

There may be but ain't it grand that we have GM Peters on board to make the final decision with the input of the FO and coaching etc.! 

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Seattle after Penix says a lot. 

Teams think these ‘lower tier/mediocre’ prospects are worth a shot. 

I think the age variable is huge. We have two 21 y/o (Maye & JJ) and three 23/24 y/o (JD, Penix, Daniels).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep I know you clearly think you know football better than Daboll.  So you can deem them fools.  I don't roll like that.  

I am not rooting for my division rivals to get a QB that is mostly touted by smarter people than me.  But I am not the guru you are.  So am staying in my lane.  

What’s clear is the opinion on these QBs is incredibly divided on all fronts. You stated people on here are prepared to settle for mediocre ? Why is that ? Because they don’t agree with you ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

My point here is just to curb some of the enthusiasm.  If Peters makes a wrong decision at quarterback how will this fan base react?  How will this Board

react?  Of course he makes the right pick at quarterback then the fan base and this Board will be riding a super high.  The draft in many ways is a crap shoot.

All teams are forced to take the good with the bad.  Historically our franchise has been bad when it comes to picking quarterbacks in the first round.

If he ****s up this pick, we hate him and want him fired and deservedly so. I've been ****ing about this team on this board for 19 ****ing years. This board has a body count. People have died waiting for this stupid team to be good again.

You have the #2 pick in what I'm told is an amazing QB draft. Don't **** it up, or I will hate you. The end.

• Haha 7

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I saw that from Albright, the Justin Fields as a backup, that's intense.

I don't find it intense. The guy has legitimately been terrible his entire career. Last year was his "career" year, and he threw for a whopping 2,500 yards, and a 46 QBR. Nothing about him screams "must have". He's averaging 166 passing yards per game in his career. That's horrendous.

A few weeks ago when I heard "rumors" of him fetching a 2nd round pick, I nearly had a laughter stroke.

image.png.d26effae34fdb1a5d9a85e2c57f95921.png

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

What’s clear is the opinion on these QBs is incredibly divided on all fronts. You stated people on here are prepared to settle for mediocre ? Why is that ? Because they don’t agree with you ?

I don't think opinion is that divided. There is a military industrial complex in football that is designed to generate ungodly amounts of attention on the draft. 

I don't see this as complicated. Harrison is the best player in the draft and seems like someone who will eventually make the HOF, but he plays a position that is completely dependent on another player.

The QBs are fairly simple.

1. Williams is far and away the best and may be one of those "every five years, a superstar is born" guys.

2. Is either Mayes or what's his name from LSU depending on whether you like big arm/white guy hustle or "good lord is that person a superhuman athlete...."

3. Is either Nix or Penix depending on who you liked watching more in college.

4. Is the guy from Michigan who I think may actually suck but also may win 10 games as a rookie, because sure, why not.

Buy my draft guide.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The QBs are fairly simple.

1. Williams is far and away the best and may be one of those "every five years, a superstar is born" guys.

2. Is either Mayes or what's his name from LSU depending on whether you like big arm/white guy hustle or "good lord is that person a superhuman athlete...."

3. Is either Nix or Penix depending on who you liked watching more in college.

4. Is the guy from Michigan who I think may actually suck but also may win 10 games as a rookie, because sure, why not.

Nice summary.