Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

34 minutes ago, mojo said:

Never heard of a wooden Puerto Rican.  You do get my reference?  Ron's stoic demeanor during games is reminiscent of a wooden cigar store Indian.  There were no racial overtones intended,

Agree with you, everything doesn't have to be racial. It gets old!

Edited by Tarpon75
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I just can't remember the last time we didn't have a QB controversy in this city. There's always some faction pulling for QB A vs QB B. Ron's shortcomings are piling up, but IF he hit on Sam Howell, I don't think I can stay mad at him. 

Finally hitting on a QB just gives more reasons to finally get a modern NFL-leading operation around him—to me it would be even more of a waste to saddle a legit potential franchise QB with a mediocre at best operation. It would be malpractice. 

Everyone is talking nice about how he can save his job if he wins a Wildcard game or whatever—I’ll be one to say, there’s nothing he can do to save his job for me (as a fan—I will obviously not be making the call).  Because the issues I have with him are systemic and organizational at their core, not things he can just improve by delegating more or getting a clock management assistant or whatever. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3

Just now, Conn said:

Finally hitting on a QB just gives more reasons to finally get a modern NFL-leading operation around him—to me it would be even more of a waste to saddle a legit potential franchise QB with a mediocre at best operation. 

Oh I'm not saying we should keep this front office around. I just won't stay mad at him.

Edit* I have been clamoring for a real GM from the minute it was announced Dan was selling, I've always wanted one I just knew it wasn't happening under Snyder.  

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Oh I'm not saying we should keep this front office around. I just won't stay mad at him. 

Oh, gotcha. Well, I can only speak for myself as someone who is a vocal anti-Rivera person at this point—I’m not mad at him.

He has done his best in a trying situation. I want better than Ron Rivera’s best.

And I don’t think that’s a ridiculous ask if this is going to be a world class organization. I don’t think it’s having unreasonable expectations because no unbiased observer in their right mind would argue that it’s more difficult than not to improve upon our current coaching and FO set-up. That’s top of my list. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3

That video just says what a lot of us have been saying. Ron's checked out already. He's not calling the offense or defense and just kinda there. He doesn't seem to be trying to be the HC and the media gaffs are a symptom. 

I don't blame him though, Beat Cancer, failed at QB while laser focused on the position exclusively for two years, a front office that kept seemingly getting more and more distracting, an absolute failure of a rebrand, by an owner and his wife that knew they were on their way out the last year after taking their big shot. 

That is a lot of bull**** to deal with and Rons built a team that wants to be here and play hard together and that's pretty awesome.

I love Ron and I'll celebrate him in his retirement.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Conn said:

Oh, gotcha. Well, I can only speak for myself as someone who is a vocal anti-Rivera person at this point—I’m not mad at him.

He has done his best in a trying situation. I want better than Ron Rivera’s best.

And I don’t think that’s a ridiculous ask if this is going to be a world class organization. I don’t think it’s having unreasonable expectations because no unbiased observer in their right mind would argue that it’s more difficult than not to improve upon our current coaching and FO set-up. That’s top of my list. 

Agree.

My favorite way to summarize this if for those who want him to continue to run the team for years to come.

A.  What other team's fan base would clamor for Ron Rivera to the their GM let alone HC?  If we asked that in a poll, it would be greeted by laughter let alone even be taken seriously.

B.  We got an owner who is famous for paying top dollar for the best potentail GM in the business.  Do people really think in that context, I'll pass, I'd rather have Ron be our GM?

Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 1.55.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 1.56.53 PM.png

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Conn said:

For me, malpractice (if Howell balls out), would be letting EB walk out of the building. 

We’ve already let McVay and Kyle walk (some of our resident geniuses here celebrated Kyle’s departure 😆). 

I’m not advocating for keeping Ron, I’d like to upgrade as well. Especially the FO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mojo said:

Never heard of a wooden Puerto Rican.  You do get my reference?  Ron's stoic demeanor during games is reminiscent of a wooden cigar store Indian.  There were no racial overtones intended,

Not a darn thing wrong with your reference Mojo, no need to apologize.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I started the thread a while back, because the QB talk crept into every thread and now, for the first time since probably 2012, no QB controversy. 

Guess its kind of a good thing to have a punt returner controversy take the place of the QB controversy.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Let's not forget Cheesemans new snapping motion.

We need a long snapper thread

5 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I can see some Jake Fromm truthers popping up around week 4. 

Jake Fromm would be great insurance....I apologize, that was bad.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Haha 4

If our offense comes to life this year with Bienemy and Howell, you have to keep those two together for as long as it works, if it means we get to the playoffs and Ron wins a game and Bienemy gets a HC offer, you have to can Ron. So, Ron could be let go even if he does have a great year. I would really like to see him win a Super Bowl this year and retire. And by “him” I mean the football team and us!

We can hire Bienemy to coach next year and bring in Dan Snyder as a GM. He’s had 20+ years experience in this league. Maybe if he didn’t have to focus in violating women and stealing from everyone (he’s a big shot billionaire now so he won’t, that how that works), he could just focus on putting the right players together. 

Experience is a value that is often overlooked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Tarpon75 said:

Agree with you, everything doesn't have to be racial. It gets old!

You've been here a long time, are typically a good poster, and no rule violations in your account notes.👍

So what normally would be a temp ban for this non football post that addresses issues that don't belong here is going to just be a reminder not to do that.🙂

We haven't been giving amy mercy on this matter lately but it's appropriate here.

4 hours ago, Conn said:

I don't know. He didn't even know that Sam Howell was any good. His actual starting QB had to come out and tell him that he should start him.

I mean, he doesn't call plays for the offense or the defense, he obviously doesn't scout players or self scout his own team even though he's in full control of everything. What does he actually do?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

I am not convinced in the least that it was Ron beating the drums to draft Howell. 

Ron... beating the drums...really? Lets not get everybody kicked off this G D board.

But seriously, I would bet money Ron had no idea who Howell was before the draft.

• Haha 4

It is beyond baffling to me that an NFL level coach has no idea what his players are capable of that's playing on his team.  A team that he is supposed to manage.   I mean, this is just unbelievable.   In all honesty, Ron needs to retire ASAP.