Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Neither Heinicke nor Wentz are long-term answers. But when Heinicke plays, they're fun to watch. When Wentz plays, they're aggravating to watch. I had fun today. Couldn't say that the past month. And Taylor saves our 2nd round pick. So I'm on the Taylor Train. 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I feel like I'm missing context here lol...do I need to go read the thread? 😐

I wouldn’t, because then you’d have to read my dumb posts and that’s a net negative 

• Haha 2

there are those that had fun today, inc mainly  "cuz of heinie" though there's always an entire team and staff that's part of every w or l 😛

I think my basic take on the qb position, and the big picture,  is known well enough, but I like the idea that a number of fans had fun today and it involved a win 🙂

I didn't see anything today for me to change anything on my take on the qb position or the entirety of the team and organization

sometimes I see spurts of competency from various players/units and coaching that I do find encouraging

• Like 10
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, slinky said:

Heineke is the Rudy of NFL QBs.

HEINE!

HEINE!

HEINE!

HEINE!

Given the reality of Rudy’s “story” (almost completely made up and relentlessly  marketed by himself) this is less of a compliment than you think. One of my weird sports fan pet peeves is that I hate that movie because I’ve read too much about the guy in real life to be able to enjoy it as a “based on a true story” movie lol. But I get the spirit of it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

Given the reality of Rudy’s “story” (almost completely made up and relentlessly  marketed by himself) this is less of a compliment than you think. One of my weird sports fan pet peeves is that I hate that movie because I’ve read too much about the guy in real life to be able to enjoy it as a “based on a true story” movie lol. But I get the spirit of it. 

And I'm not even sure I really meant it as a compliment 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He's like our Matt Saracen if you've watched Friday Night Lights. 

Animated GIF

“Last Friday when you threw that pass, did you close your eyes?"

"No sir. My eyes were open. My eyes were wide open.”

image.gif.3e390f83da40824d9413e45c8a928877.gif

lol haven’t watched that show in years. Wonder how it holds up now.

Love that Jesse Plemons has made it big. That dude can act his ass off. Going to go down as a legendary character actor from this generation. A Philip Seymour Hoffman type.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

there are those that had fun today, inc mainly  "cuz of heinie" though there's always an entire team and staff that's part of every w or l 😛

I think my basic take on the qb position, and the big picture,  is known well enough, but I like the idea that a number of fans had fun today and it involved a win 🙂

I didn't see anything today for me to change anything on my take on the qb position or the entirety of the team and organization

sometimes I see spurts of competency from various players/units and coaching that I do find encouraging

Who knows? Maybe with another quarter century of these encouraging signs, it'll add up to some more mediocrity.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bu8s435g1qlcf674wbo5

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Conn said:

So he didn't get into a game and make a tackle? You calling Joe Montana a liar? 

Rudy is an English American Hero. He saved the world by making sure that one hobbit made it to the top of that mountain in Mordor. 🤓

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

Neither Heinicke nor Wentz are long-term answers. But when Heinicke plays, they're fun to watch. When Wentz plays, they're aggravating to watch. I had fun today. Couldn't say that the past month. And Taylor saves our 2nd round pick. So I'm on the Taylor Train. 

It’s fun in the moment but horrible if you watch with any sort of big picture look. Every snap he plays is a waste. Every win he gets sets the team further back 

• Thumb down 2
  • Thumb up 1

If Taylor is going to get credit for winning the game for us in the end, he deserves credit for almost losing it in the beginning.

That first dropped pick, he still can't make that throw, but in true Taylor fashion he tried again anyway and it was a pick 6.

He's 29, he's not a young QB that cam expect large leaps in efficiency ratings or accuracy. 

Big reason we won is because defense kept Rodgers skeleton crew of recievers in check and we had over 160 rushing on the ground.  All Taylor had to do was stop turning the ball over, he did that during our win streak last year.

One day Turner will remember he got us to the playoffs by throwing to our running backs a lot. Gibson has had at least two TD catches this year to show he's more then just a running back.

But many...we got figured out last year, too.  I had a ball today. Taylor deserves credit wher3 credit is due.  I still don't believe the 2023 QB starter next year isn't on the roster,  but it's 2022 so that doesn't matter yet, nothing we can do about it right now anyway.

Beat the Colts and back to .500, that's the priority right now.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

And he doesnt cost 28 million 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

28 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

It’s fun in the moment but horrible if you watch with any sort of big picture look. Every snap he plays is a waste. Every win he gets sets the team further back 

Man why cant fans enjoy the wins he gives us

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb down 1