Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, Riggodrill44 said:

If I’m understanding you, you’re hoping that Wentz doesn’t play outstanding football , so we can move on to our next QB, is that right?

Instead of helping the QB we have let’s actively sabotage him so we can get a better draft pick.

I mean I’ve seen this franchise do this to several QB over the years. Didn’t work then, it’s not going to work now.

Cant we do this better this time?

Strawman much??  Hoping Wentz plays bad? Actively sabotaging him?  Where did I say anything like that? What an absurd conclusion to draw from my post. LOL

Please reread my post and come back when you want to have a serious conversation. 

See the source image

• Like 1

TNF just ran the most brutal pre-produced package on Wentz pregame, I’ve never ever ever seen a broadcast go in on a player like that, especially in a premeditated way—if anything they usually fluff everyone up and talk past how poorly they’re playing. 

I’ve never seen anything like this honestly. What they’re saying isn’t wrong, that isn’t the point I’m making. Just that the NFL media has gotten extremely comfortable destroying this guy in a way they usually wouldn’t. Wild 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Strawman much??  Hoping Wentz plays bad? Actively sabotaging him?  Where did I say anything like that? What an absurd conclusion to draw from my post. LOL

Please reread my post and come back when you want to have a serious conversation. 

See the source image

No need to reread anything. You want Wentz to fail so we can draft the next great prospect.

I want to fix the team. Resign Wentz to a lower contract and bolster the lines an secondary. We don’t need a QB, yet.

1 hour ago, Riggodrill44 said:

No need to reread anything. You want Wentz to fail so we can draft the next great prospect.

I want to fix the team. Resign Wentz to a lower contract and bolster the lines an secondary. We don’t need a QB, yet.

The bolded is completely wrong and shows why yes, you DO need to reread, or you are not interested in honest discourse. I mean it's OK if you just want to make **** up to argue against, but you are arguing against yourself. 

Done here. Enjoy the game. 

4 hours ago, Conn said:

TNF just ran the most brutal pre-produced package on Wentz pregame, I’ve never ever ever seen a broadcast go in on a player like that, especially in a premeditated way—if anything they usually fluff everyone up and talk past how poorly they’re playing. 

I’ve never seen anything like this honestly. What they’re saying isn’t wrong, that isn’t the point I’m making. Just that the NFL media has gotten extremely comfortable destroying this guy in a way they usually wouldn’t. Wild 

How much of that is because he plays for us now?

It feels more a comfort zone of lumping in dumping on us and everyone associated with us when they are here.

Rivera is next...

3 hours ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Yea we need a QB already. Carson is terrible, after the first couple of drives he had no pressure, threw 50/50 balls on 3rd downs, made bad decisions, air mailed a 2 point conversion, cant make any play outside the call, was inaccurate. I guess he didnt throw a pick.

1 hour ago, TChaler70 said:

Yea we need a QB already. Carson is terrible, after the first couple of drives he had no pressure, threw 50/50 balls on 3rd downs, made bad decisions, air mailed a 2 point conversion, cant make any play outside the call, was inaccurate. I guess he didnt throw a pick.

We need a better play caller/ play designer. It seems 90% of these plays have no chance of succeeding. He can’t consistently get the ball to Terry. 

Cooper Krupp gets 12 balls a game and everyone knows he’s getting it. McVay designs great plays for him.

• Haha 1

We won an absolutely meaningless game and knocked ourselves out of top pick contention. Man we stink on ice and I don’t think we’ll win another game at this point. Why can’t we ever tank like a lot of teams do… trade away your above average players for picks, get yourself in position to have a massive amount of draft capital. This team is so frustrating.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

It is pretty clear by now that we did not significantly upgrade at the position.  That has to be one of the worst performances from a quarterback that I can remember since some of those brutal RG3 games in 2014.  Alex Smith was boring as watching paint dry, but he could at least sustain drives.  I thought Wentz was supposed to play great 90% of the game and then just completely lose it for the remaining 10%?  What we are seeing is meh to terrible for 98% of the game and then we get 2% of wow or good.  He isn't good in any other system other than Reich's.  And if Turner won't tailor his system to different quarterbacks, he needs to go too.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

I thought Carson played a decent game against Tennessee.  Couple beautiful long throws and solid for most of the day.  Samuels had a big drop on the first series of that game that would have sustained that drive.

Against the Bears, I thought Carson was not as good.  It didn't help that Samuels dropped his best throw of the day which if caught probably is a long TD pass.  But the problem was absent that throw, he didn't make a lot of good throws and held on to the ball too long.  We were a bit lucky to win that game.  A punt return fumble, along with the Bears getting in the 10 yard three times only to get 0 points from those three trips turned a should of been loss into a win.

I actually felt slightly better after the Tennessee game.  Feel Tennessee probably 9-8 team and we played them in a 50-50 game.   Yeah its a bummer we lost, but we played okay.  Don't feel the team played as good against the Bears.

Edited by philibusters
  • Thumb up 2

So I have had my own roller coaster with Carson. I started out not wanting him. After the trade I really warmed up to it thinking if he could fix his fatel flaws, which you would think are coachable, then he could really do something in thgat offense. Being able to stretch the D would open up a lot of things. After games 1 and 2 I was thinking maybe we have something here. If the D shows up we could really be a team to reckon with and I like this Carson Wentz guy. Then the next 4 gms happened including last nights truly uninspiring game and I believe I am all out on Carson. He has a few more games it looks like thanks to Ron doubling down, but unless something significant happens I am out. The below from NFL.com says it best about last night. 

Unfortunately it looks like Ron is going to double down on Carson. Yes, I get the Oline was not great - it was much better than has been. Tyler Larson at least was not the turnstile Nick Martin was. And they had some run game. Curtis Samual dropped some key passes. Very unlike him. But 12 of 20 for 99 yds? He was upder and overthrowing the drop downs all night. It was infuriating. Make no mistake the D won that game not the offense. 

Time to get Howell ready to see if you need a QB in next years draft. We likely do but let's at least see what the kid can do. No reason to keep trotting Carson out there. Let's see if that happens soon or not. It would be a great time to get him ready since they have a mini bye. 

And to the TH fans saying bring him, please just stop it. There is honestly even less reason to bring TH in than leave Carson there unless Howell gets injured. 

image.png.4889f7375481ebed52180e2c6e5d88ff.png

• Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

And to the TH fans saying bring him, please just stop it. There is honestly even less reason to bring TH in than leave Carson there unless Howell gets injured. 

If Rivera has no interest in seeing Howell this year, or thinks he's not ready, and wants to secure a higher draft pick, then yes, Carson should play the rest of the season.  

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

We won an absolutely meaningless game and knocked ourselves out of top pick contention. Man we stink on ice and I don’t think we’ll win another game at this point. Why can’t we ever tank like a lot of teams do… trade away your above average players for picks, get yourself in position to have a massive amount of draft capital. This team is so frustrating.

2-15 automatically puts you in top pick contention.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

If Rivera has no interest in seeing Howell this year, or thinks he's not ready, and wants to secure a higher draft pick, then yes, Carson should play the rest of the season.  

That makes zero sense. If you had no intertest in seeing Howell why did you draft him? Sure it may have started with let him play behind Carson but that means Carson has to play well enough to stay on the field. When he is not, it's next man. It's up to the coaches to get him ready. 

If he weins then you havesomething to build on and go a different direction in the draft. If you lose then you will not be any worse off. 

Not to mention if you know you are not bringing Carson back then why let the Colts get a 21rd pick instead of a 3rd? This whole need to protect Howell thing is jsut ridiculous. He is a football palyer. Eiother he can play or not, Either they can coach him up or not. Just exactly would he be waiting for? 

Play the young man. Then you know exactly what you have going into thed draft. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

That makes zero sense. If you had no intertest in seeing Howell why did you draft him? Sure it may have started with let him play behind Carson but that means Carson has to play well enough to stay on the field. When he is not, it's next man. It's up to the coaches to get him ready. 

want to never see Wentz take another snap for this offense and want to see Howell start against Green Bay.  But you don't give an impassioned speech dropping f-bombs left and right declaring the 99 yard passer as the guy you wanted and bench him for Howell.