Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

NFL Live just reported that Daniels wore the wrong gear for golf, he had never played golf before yesterday, and the other players made fun of him and his outfit and pelted him with golf balls until Big Drake Maye stepped in and laid down the law.

Drake in a commanding voice reportedly said, "You bullies leave the poor little fella' alone! If not, you can deal with me direct! (as he said this his eyes gleamed menacingly and he bared his fangs and punched his right hand into his left palm which made a loud punishing sound.)

Then the other players lowered their eyes in shame and one fearfully said as his teeth chattered, "We're sorry Mr Drake. Nobody wants to cross you. You're a natural born leader. Everybody sees that. We'll leave this guy alone, if that's how you want it Mr Drake."

Then Jayden timidly said in sqeeky high pitched voice, "Thank you, Mr Drake."

Drake replied in a heroic booming baritone, "No problem young son. You just let Mr Drake know if they bother you again".

Then Jayden smiled and skipped happily away to his hotel room and immediately called his agent to complain.

And that's why his agent was so mad last night that he passive-aggressively liked a tweet denigrating the Commanders group interview process.

Here's a picture of Jayden in his brand new "golfing" attire trying to dodge golf balls just before Mr Drake mercifully put a stop to it......

image.png.072b96d59950cea0a9af64010be03c06.png

Jayden: " Ouch! Y'all need to stop playing! OUCH!!! Dang that last one hurt!! Ouch! OWWWEEE!! At least keep 'em ABOVE the belt! Ooooooof!"

This also explains why he brought such a big suitcase.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 16

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m sure some folks roll their eyes at this, but I thought the same- trading Sam signaled Maye to me.  Just too awkward to have both in the room.  Thats the only legitimate reason I can think of to move Sam.

The reason to trade Sam is that he ain't going to be the guy, he's not experienced enough to be a veteran mentor, and he has trade value from other teams around the league. Didn't signal anything one way or the other to me about who our pick would be.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

The reason to trade Sam is that he ain't going to be the guy, he's not experienced enough to be a veteran mentor, and he has trade value from other teams around the league. Didn't signal anything one way or the other to me about who our pick would be.

It did to me as it was discussed but it may not be, CapsSkins and you could be right.  We may never know.  :)  

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

I'm a 1A Maye fan but the leadership deal swings to1B McCarthy all the way via many scouting reports about his leadership. 

I think there is a good shot at 1A, your IB feels like a big time long shot judging by rumors

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

seemed to be alot of interest from other teams in him though.

• Thumb up 1

I can buy that Daniela has better poise bc I do see Maye drifting in the pocket.  That being said if we define poise as stand and deliver, I think someone posted the pie charts, Maye was better.

As for processing, I don't buy that one.  You see both of them doing stuff pre snap and seemingly reading and at times even controlling the defense post snap.  I dunno maybe there's a difference to be found somewhere but both checked the boxes imo.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Just a quick little search --

https://theathletic.com/5420456/2024/04/17/nfl-draft-quarterbacks-rankings-intangibles/

Daniels received the most points for poise and processing and the second most for toughness.

Ok, so 3 unnamed scouts said they believe he processes fast. Though this one I found very dubious: "He knows when to take off and when not to". Uh how often he pulls his eyes down as soon as he feels pressure to me says otherwise.

This one I also found a bit interesting: “You never saw him frenetic or frantic. He made good decisions. … You can see his eyes going through the progressions, going where they are supposed to go.”

To me he at they very least sometimes actually did look frantic, especially when he had time + a pocket but his first reads weren't open. He would get incredibly bouncy in his feet and you could see his head moving at almost light speed back and forth. I'm sure some would say "that just means he's super duper fast at processing" but IIRC when @Voice_of_Reasondid his game breakdown of Daniels you could see him just pass over open guys when doing this.

Now, I certainly don't think he's a bad processor, I just think it's a bit much to talk about him being elite at it given the above factors.

13 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Yes, that's all he did, throw to the flats.  That's why his yards per attempt dwarfed Maye's -- who again, I like. 

YPA also includes YAC. Even in 2023 with a worse OC and supporting cast, Maye still had a higher air yards per attempt than Daniels. He also has the most big time throws over the past two seasons of any QB in some time. Daniels certainly did throw it deep, but he also had two absolute YAC monsters in Nabers and Thomas and they showcased that plenty.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think there is a good shot at 1A, your IB feels like a big time long shot judging by rumors

I am hoping BIG time on 1A as you know, SIP.  :)  BIG time. 

🥇 : r/Commanders

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, BayouBrave86 said:

regressed mightily

This take is an over statement imo. Yes. He wasnt as good as 2022. But mightily is laughable. 

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not really gonna bash JP. Because I like him. But nothing has been "proved quite true" yet. Just saying. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wyvern said:

Whatever happens, Washington will emerge from  the 2024 draft  in great shape --either talent and/or draft-pick-wise -- and it will continue its rise to becoming a major force in the NFL ... for years to come.

This is bold. This league is full of cant miss front offices that have failed miserably. Do I like what I have seen so fa? Hell yeah. But we have no clue what this team will be in 3 years. Realistically it could be being rebuilt AGAIN. Until we find a franchise QB that is the deal. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure I buy that Daniels is that much better at processing. His reads were super easy. 

Is Nabors open? The answer is usually yes. In which case, throw it to him.

Is Thomas jr open? The answer is also usually yes, in which case, throw it to him.

Neither are open? Take off and run.

That's like legit 90% of his snaps lolol. Easy to process when your decisions are a lot easier.

Maye on the other hand had to deal with a disaster of an OL and receivers that couldn't get open or catch the ball. 

Its like, if I'm taking algebra and you're taking calculus, and I get a better grade, it doesn't make me better at math.

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 2

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What’s interesting about the reporting in this is Keim has said he really doesn’t think it’s McCarthy.  

But he also is saying they’re literally not saying anything. 

So the question is, is he being told “it’s not McCarthy” by the team, or is he just expanding on what he’s hearing from the other 100 coaches, ex-coaches, scouts etc. he’s talking to.

If it’s the latter, then there’s as much of a chance of it being McCarthy as anybody because it’s all speculation from outside the building.  Same with the speculation it will be Daniels coming from outside the building.

i don’t trust any of the rumors one way or another because nobody who knows has said anything.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m sure some folks roll their eyes at this, but I thought the same- trading Sam signaled Maye to me.  Just too awkward to have both in the room.  Thats the only legitimate reason I can think of to move Sam.

That’s what had thought originally, but then after thinking more about it, Sam played horribly during the second half of the season, but still had somewhat of a cult following even after his poor play. The local radio shows were filled to the brim with callers that wanted to keep Sam and draft a tackle. Once they decided that they were drafting a qb, they had no choice but to trade him, there would’ve been just to much of a headache to keep him. On top of that his play didn’t warrant him staying.

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What’s interesting about the reporting in this is Keim has said he really doesn’t think it’s McCarthy.  

But he also is saying they’re literally not saying anything. 

So the question is, is he being told “it’s not McCarthy” by the team, or is he just expanding on what he’s hearing from the other 100 coaches, ex-coaches, scouts etc. he’s talking to.

If it’s the latter, then there’s as much of a chance of it being McCarthy as anybody because it’s all speculation from outside the building.  Same with the speculation it will be Daniels coming from outside the building.

i don’t trust any of the rumors one way or another because nobody who knows has said anything.  

I just watched a Bram-Keim live youtube stream, I was working and sort of half listening.

But Bram now hit the not McCarthy and Keim didn't disagree.  I'd put money that their source on not McCarthy is with the team.

Considering they couch the Maye-Daniels discussion as they don't know from the team.  So if McCarthy would fit that same point then why not say it like that?  And Keim isn't the only one who says not likely McCarthy.  I've never heard Keim or anyone say its not likely Maye or Daniels.  It's just McCarthy I've heard from some locals and national reporters who say they've heard not him.  Also Breer-Schefter recently said they've heard McCarthy is firmly considered the 4th best QB from those they have spoken to

Seems like the idea that these guys are confident in is its likely between Maye and Daniels.  But Keim as always avoids absolutes so I'd say unlikely McCarthy but nothing is impossible.

Bram said in that youtube stream that he thinks it could either be Maye or Daniels.   Keim said he knows someone close with Daniels who told him Daniels preference is to go to Washington or Minnesota.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This take is an over statement imo. Yes. He wasnt as good as 2022. But mightily is laughable. 

Not really gonna bash JP. Because I like him. But nothing has been "proved quite true" yet. Just saying. 

I think he means Peters clearly followed through on what he said and indeed valued “leadership ability” very highly in his HC search. So he’s extrapolating that the same may be true at QB

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

That’s what had thought originally, but then after thinking more about it, Sam played horribly during the second half of the season, but still had somewhat of a cult following even after his poor play. The local radio shows were filled to the brim with callers that wanted to keep Sam and draft a tackle. Once they decided that they were drafting a qb, they had no choice but to trade him, there would’ve been just to much of a headache to keep him. On top of that his play didn’t warrant him staying.

You really GMAP and DQ were so scared of some sort of "fan revolt" when drafting a QB at 2 because Sam still had fanboys out there that they decided to trade him for that reason? That...really doesn't sound like them.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim said he knows someone close with Daniels who told him Daniels preference is to go to Washington or Minnesota.

I wouldn't wanna go to NE either. Who would u throw passes to, yourself?

Whoever goes there is probably gonna have a rough start.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You really GMAP and DQ were so scared of some sort of "fan revolt" when drafting a QB at 2 because Sam still had fanboys out there that they decided to trade him for the reason? That...really doesn't sound like them.

I agree with the "Sam is Mayes friend" agenda. But they could have changed their mind since then as well. We really have no ****ing clue who is going to be taking snaps from Biadasz at this point. And the lack of leaks is so god damn refreshing man. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

"Every single one of these QBs reminds me of myself" ~RG3 on the top QB prospects lmao

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1RDGlldNPeOGL

Robert is claiming that Maye is also "slender" and they have similar body types. Lol

RG3 does what he does best.  Try to Telegraph.  Doesn't work with me and how horrible that he tell Caleb Williams to pull an Eli.  That's horrible and sets a bad precedence, IMO.