Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, CommanderCarson said:

Laughable take, trust me I was willing to give Wentz a chance. I was so incredibly wrong, I literally don’t know what else to say.

Why is it laughable to think the team needs to try a different QB who doesn't have a history of sucking this season?

1 minute ago, BraveWarrior said:

Hell no. Carr sucks. I have good friends who are Raiders fans. They wanted him gone before this season started. 

Well that's moronic because Carr was really good last year and got them to the playoffs.

He had some bad moments this year for sure, but McDaniels leaves a lot to be desired. Guy makes Scott Turner look like Bill Walsh.

• Like 2

So if GB wins later today, we're out of the paloffs. So then we'll start Howell in a game where all our other players have mentally checked out and just want to get the game over with and go home for the winter. Not exactly a great situation to evaluate what they have in Howell, is it? 

Do you know how hard it is to play yourself out of pay cut when the guy in front of you is playing at a historically bad level? All he had to do was just be bad.

We even put him in the TH role where you ask the bare minimum of the QB, and like TH he was inaccurate, a turnover worthy play machine and made a bunch of dumb choices. The only diff was a weird desire to actually use his legs and an ability to throw all the routes.

This looks like a second straight end-year collapse for Wentz. Man was handed a story book oppo to correct some wrongs on his ledger and he hacked up a hairball.

I feel like we will need to get eliminated to see Howell which is a shame

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Well that's moronic because Carr was really good last year and got them to the playoffs.

He had some bad moments this year for sure, but McDaniels leaves a lot to be desired. Guy makes Scott Turner look like Bill Walsh.

If you follow the Raiders it's not moronic at all. They predcited he'd choke in that playoff loss the way a lot of us predicted Wentz ****ting the bed against Cleveland today. 

1 minute ago, BigDibbs31 said:

He gives us a chance. Wentz was as bad as I’ve ever seen

You think he scores 25?

I’m all for you guys that gave Wentz no shot doing a victory lap.  More power to you.  He was worse than I could have imagined.  I’m literally in shock that our coaches and players saw enough in him up close to choose this route.  I just don’t see how he could have looked decent in practice only to be so woefully inaccurate today.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You think he scores 25?

I’m all for you guys that gave Wentz no shot doing a victory lap.  More power to you.  He was worse than I could have imagined.  I’m literally in shock that our coaches and players saw enough in him up close to choose this route.  I just don’t see how he could have looked decent in practice only to be so woefully inaccurate today.

He’s in his own head, he probably looks great in practice. He’s not a gamer. That’s where the laughable “moxie” actually comes into play. Taylor has ice in his Veins. Carson vomited all over himself.

1 minute ago, CommanderCarson said:

He’s in his own head, he probably looks great in practice. He’s not a gamer. That’s where the laughable “moxie” actually comes into play. Taylor has ice in his Veins. Carson vomited all over himself.

No doubt Taylor is more of a gamer than Wentz, but he had 3 chances to win a game - two of them vs. a bad defense that was begging to be picked apart and couldn’t do it.  Hence why they made the decision to go with Wentz this week.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

No doubt Taylor is more of a gamer than Wentz, but he had 3 chances to win a game - two of them vs. a bad defense that was begging to be picked apart and couldn’t do it.  Hence why they made the decision to go with Wentz this week.

Lol at still arguing Wentz vs. TH

1 minute ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Wentz couldn’t complete a high school throw in the flat 

I feel like you're trying to point out something that makes Heinicke a better player, but right now you're pointing out how a 10-24 score somehow makes a 14-24 score more acceptable. I'm trying to figure out why we should accept either.

• Like 1