Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 4 Prediction thread: So called team @ Atlanta Falcons

bakedtater1

I hope we go heavy run early and often. Getting Patterson in the mix and doing a bunch of quick game screens and stuff. We have decent run blockers and backs this should not be difficult. 

Dominate time of possession and keep the D on the sideline and fresh. Maybe they can get ATL down early and one dimensional,  albeit thats one dimension we have been horrible at. The less time they are on the field the better.

Let TH take a couple of shots in play action to get some confidence but keep him out of these situations where he has to take risks and turn the ball over. 

I would love it if Scott just took the day off and we played new school smash mouth football if there is such a thing.

I hope we go heavy run early and often. Getting Patterson in the mix and doing a bunch of quick game screens and stuff. We have decent run blockers and backs this should not be difficult. 

Dominate time of possession and keep the D on the sideline and fresh. Maybe they can get ATL down early and one dimensional,  albeit thats one dimension we have been horrible at. The less time they are on the field the better.

Let TH take a couple of shots in play action to get some confidence but keep him out of these situations where he has to take risks and turn the ball over. 

I would love it if Scott just took the day off and we played new school smash mouth football if there is such a thing.

Final score

Team 26

Patterson gets a TD and we rush for over 220 yards

Atlanta  12

It's an audition week for Matty Ice. Come see how good we'd be with a legit QB.

Gibson is already hurt, so I doubt we'll running the ball much. Gibson and Thomas have theirs, is it Terry's week for a key fumble?

Intrested to see if Samuel adds anything except a lack of practice time with the QB or trick plays that everyone sees coming. Will he play the entire game?

Will Payne and Allen get home a lot this week or just almost as Matty Ice feeds on blown coverage? Does he start calling out Bostics number and just tell Pitts to run near him?

Is this a get right game or are the wheels off and the injuries coming like they do when teams seasons die?

So many questions today.

Atl 42

WTF 24

And it's not that close.

22 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I doubt we'll find out.

lol, man if they give up another TD on the first drive again, the game thread's dark thoughts will hit some new highs. 

37 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Atl 42

WTF 24

And it's not that close.

If that's the case, we won't be debating what retread QB we can revive.  Cam?  Keenum?  Name that veteran scrub.  Potential greener pastures at QB...

We'd be in Corral versus Willis conversation, maybe Howell. 

Or maybe Matty Ice is in the future plans here.  Russell Wilson didn't want to come here before this season so a meltdown season this year won't help.  Aaron won't want to come here.  Matt Ryan doesn't have their pedigree and I doubt he could dictate where he goes. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Maybe Curtis Samuel will be catalyst we need on offense. Not sure what to do about the D other than the DL is not good enough now to mask deficiencies at other levels, which we all are acutely aware of. I'm not optimistic about today or the coming weeks to be candid. Hope for the best and all that...

5 hours ago, ksun247 said:

WFT - 34

Falcons - 31

Hopkins kicks game-winning FG in Overtime. 

You were close😂

7 hours ago, Csup said:

This will be probably be  1 of a couple of times I pick Washington to win.   

WFT 35

Falcons 31

But it’s a coin toss.  

You were close as well! 

On 9/28/2021 at 7:20 AM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Team: 35

“Team”: 13 

I however wasn’t

• Like 1