Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The Third Forgotten NY Football Team

TK

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don’t know about today as far as his play but rewatching some albeit not all of the first 2 games I wasn’t impressed with William Jackson. Others  apparently were impressed with his play here. So as far as me and PFF being dead wrong about how he played, I’ll keep an open mind and rewatch those 2 games and just watch him. I want to see if I am losing my mind because it wasn’t really close as far as my initial impression albeit my mind wasn’t fully glued to him alone but I’ll own it if I am wrong. 😀

In my view he has been extremely average at best, which when compared to the rest of the defense makes him stand out.  At least he seems to be in the same zip code as his cover and gets them to the ground pretty quickly.

At this point this team is a bad offsides call from being 0-3.   They play Atlanta next, another bottom dweller.  

so far in three games first drives defense has given up 3 TDs.    Offense 0 first downs.  Something has to change.   They come out not knowing how to play football it seems.  It sets the tone for the game on both sides of the ball.  

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I was out today, so didn't catch the game. I did check on the score a few times and noticed Buffalo, getting a bigger and bigger lead.   

I said that today that reality would hit us.  Also, today was a test for the defense.   Well after seeing what the score was, looks like reality hit 

us dead on and we failed that defensive test.

The hype going into the season was that we had a great defense and too some we were just a QB away from being Superbowl contenders.

Wrong.  As has been said, that so called great defense last year; was because they feasted on mostly bad teams. Some of those bad teams

like Dallas where playing their backups.

The good teams will eat us alive.  I expect many more results like today.  The bad/lesser teams will hang around and may even beat us.

Week 4: @Falcons.  A team we should beat but I actually think Atlanta will be favored and it wouldn't shock me to see them beat us.

Week 5: Saints.  Depends which Winston we get- Week 1 or Week 2, but New Orleans probably wins us.

Week 6: Chiefs.  Chiefs aren't as good as last year. Well, in 3 weeks if they are still below last year's pace; we will cure them.  Expect a loss worse than today.

Week 7: @Packers. Aaron should have a great day.

Week 8: @Broncos.  I think this is a loss, Broncos are clearly a better team.

Week 9: Bye Week

Week 10: Buccaneers.  Tom Brady will be having some fun this day.  My guess, if Fitzy is healthy; he will be QB1 for this game.

Week 11:  @Panthers.   the Sam Darnold redemption tour will continue.

Week 12:  Seahawks.  Wilson will have a good day.

Week 13: @ Raiders. Carr will have a good day.

Week 14: Boys.   Dak will have a good day.

Week 15: @Eagles.  Depends on where the Eagles are then. A good Eagles team will beat us; a bad one, maybe we have a shot. 

Week 16: @ Boys. Dak will have another good day.

Week 17: Eagles. Maybe, our 2nd win. 

Week 18: @Giants. Daniel Jones will get his revenge for last week.

2-15 honestly, isn't that far fetched.   Now, in reality that probably doesn't happen.  We may stink for while and we are talking about our high draft pick and the franchise QB.

Then this team wins some games late and we from a Top 5 pick to somewhere between 9-15.  

I can already see the beginning of the end of the Rivera era.  It will be traced to this years poor defense. For a defensive coach; his defenses suck. I can see a new era after the 22 season. 

We need a progressive, offensive minded head coach or a head coach with enough damn sense to bring in a progressive OC. Rivera and his has been, unimaginative coaches are looking to be an epic fail.

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He literally set a prototypical basketball pick, full standstill, in the middle of the field with his hands down below his belt. Nothing you do in football lol. That’s a rub route, it still gets called sometimes but you have to keep running your route and be more subtle as you redirect the guy trailing McLaurin. He for real set a basketball pick instead lol that’s gonna get called all the time 

They had to have practiced that a lot too. Early game play with an intensional possibly illegal play.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Im not sure about him. He seems pretty good in man coverage but has gotten hosed on some iffy PI calls. The CB getting beat regularly is Fuller.

I was watching mostly the D line/LBs when rewatching some of the Chargers game, and more of the Giants game -- when I had my eye on him in the Giants game in particular guys were getting open on him.   That was my impression before looking up his PFF score.  But when I saw his bad PFF score (they like him as a player in general for what its worth), I didn't think that very bad rating was wild. Though I don't think he was as awful as they do.  But to what I saw he wasn't playing well.  I would be really surprised if my mind changes about how he played especially in the Giants game but I'll keep an open mind.  Now i am curious since he has some fierce defenders here. 

I did like the signing so I am not down on him.  My argument is he hasn't played well in the first two games and in particular the one against the Giants.  I am guessing he rebounded some today because I didn't hear his name much. 

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't get it. Vet coaching. Plenty of talent. You watch a real game like the rams bucs and it's like a different sport.

I'll say, the Bills are a possible SB team finding their way. They're great. Miami is beating the Raiders. It's early season, so maybe they're better than we know yet.

These so-called 'vet coaches' tend to implement THEIR plans to make the players adapt, instead of utilizing the different skillsets of the players to build a competitive offense or defense.

We need look no further than McVay.  Every single time we get a decent asst coach, the FO or HC screws it up and they go elsewhere and have success. Its the MO of this organization.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was watching mostly the D line/LBs when rewatching some of the Chargers game, and more of the Giants game -- when I had my eye on him in the Giants game in particular guys were getting open on him.   That was my impression before looking up his PFF score.  But when I saw his bad PFF score (they like him as a player in general for what its worth), I didn't think that very bad rating was wild. Though I don't think he was as awful as they do.  But to what I saw he wasn't playing well.  I would be really surprised if my mind changes about how he played especially in the Giants game but I'll keep an open mind.  Now i am curious since he has some fierce defenders here. 

I did like the signing so I am not down on him.  My argument is he hasn't played well in the first two games and in particular the one against the Giants.  I am guessing he rebounded some today because I didn't hear his name much. 

We play so much zone its hard to pinpoint whos at fault a lotta the time.

Truth is they all suck

14 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean Seriously....watching stafford right now. Why can’t WE get the staffords of the NFL in a trade? Why can’t WE draft the good QB? Why? WHY??? Who the **** cursed this team? Speak up now and I’ll go easy on you. Don’t, then **** you and whoever looks like you. 

Why? Poor drafting that is why. When you have the second pick in the draft, and that comes along what once every 20 years, and you have not had a franchise QB in 30 years you take a QB not a pass rusher esp when you have 2 rushers on your team already. If it does not work out you keep trying until you get it right.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We play so much zone its hard to pinpoint whos at fault a lotta the time.

Truth is they all suck

It's not that hard to see that Bostic, Holcomb and Fuller got picked on.

The beginning of the game the Bills offense was basically "run near Bostic and I'll get it to you". Most DBs dropped back far on a day you couldn't throw long because of weather and they lived underneith, like the Chargers and Giants did. You have 8 DBs. Put them inside and let the line attack. Payne was blowing it up like crazy.

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t know what else he could say, though. If he does have a problem with it, I DON’T want him telling us.  I want him putting his boot up Jack’s ass in private. 

As much as we don't want to hear this it's the truth.  You don't throw your guy under the bus publicly.  If he is doing his job correctly he will give all the credit to his team when things are going well, and say it's on me when they are not. 

We should never know what they are saying behind closed doors.      

Just now, Painkiller said:

As much as we don't want to hear this it's the truth.  You don't throw your guy under the bus publicly.  If he is doing his job correctly he will give all the credit to his team when things are going well, and say it's on me when they are not. 

We should never know what they are saying behind closed doors.      

Ron was definitely throwing his guys under the bus about the vaccine.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's not that hard to see that Bostic, Holcomb and Fuller got picked on.

The beginning of the game the Bills offense was basically "run near Bostic and I'll get it to you". Most DBs dropped back far on a day you couldn't throw long because of weather and they lived underneith, like the Chargers and Giants did. You have 8 DBs. Put them inside and let the line attack. Payne was blowing it up like crazy.

Agreed. I want us to play tight across the line and be aggressive. They wanna make quick throws make em throw into traffic. Look at the Jamin Davis 4th down stop our best defensive play of the day was schemed up exactly like that.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Agreed. I want us to play tight across the line and be aggressive. They wanna make quick throws make em throw into traffic. Look at the Jamin Davis 4th down stop our best defensive play of the day was schemed up exactly like that.

Three weeks in a row our interior rush is getting home or close but we get nickled and dimed an QBs hit a ton of quick passes. Make it stop. That is how we get beat. Make them beat us deep and start hitting the QB. It's every week. It was last year. 

21 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

2-15 honestly, isn't that far fetched.   Now, in reality that probably doesn't happen.  We may stink for while and we are talking about our high draft pick and the franchise QB.

Then this team wins some games late and we from a Top 5 pick to somewhere between 9-15.  

I can already see the beginning of the end of the Rivera era.  It will be traced to this years poor defense. For a defensive coach; his defenses suck. I can see a new era after the 22 season. 

2-15 looks very possible with our defense.  It is unreasonable to expect our offense to move the ball with the same ease that opposing team's offense move against ours.

Unless he quits, I'd like to see him stay.  Ron is the most stable coach we've had since Gibbs.  I like to see him build the team for a few more years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jacoby66forHOF said:

According to whichever team signs him, yes. 

Rofl, I love it. Schrödinger's average. A player is both average and below average until you check his Spotrac page to see if he's been signed lmao

What a convoluted way of saying "He sucks, but if we compare him to varsity team QBs who flunk out of college and will never get signed to a team, he barely breaks the 51st percentile."

3 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

I’m down on the squad but we should be better than 2-15. Ron will get some fight in them. I fully expect them to bring the pain to Atlanta and have a solid game plan. This was as pathetic of a performance I’ve seen given the expectations of this defense. It was like practice for Buffalo.

YES!!!! Welcome back! It's your time to shine!

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Didn’t sweat say the stupid **** after missing OTAs, not before? He was back in the area around the same time he made the comment. 

IDK it was all around there. They were training together and disagreeing with Coach and missing ****.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

At this point this team is a bad offsides call from being 0-3.   They play Atlanta next, another bottom dweller.  

so far in three games first drives defense has given up 3 TDs.    Offense 0 first downs.  Something has to change.   They come out not knowing how to play football it seems.  It sets the tone for the game on both sides of the ball.  

That or if Slayton catches the ball the Giants would have put up 36 points against us.