Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance

SkinsFan_07

10 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I’ll be going to my first game in February. 

Cardale Jones Football GIF by XFL

I get the allusion here and a Skins Super Bowl run would be cool, but it all likelihood it would not involve a home playoff game. I'd rather attend a NFCCG at FedEx than a Super Bowl. I have doubts that FedEx will even host a divisional round game before we move out. 

I was talking to a guy at the bar yesterday who went to SB 17 and paid $40 for the ticket. I think face for SB 26 was around $100. What is it now, at least $1000?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I get the allusion here and a Skins Super Bowl run would be cool, but it all likelihood it would not involve a home playoff game. I'd rather attend a NFCCG at FedEx than a Super Bowl. I have doubts that FedEx will even host a divisional round game before we move out. 

I was talking to a guy at the bar yesterday who went to SB 17 and paid $40 for the ticket. I think face for SB 26 was around $100. What is it now, at least $1000?

I hope you know his post was referencing the DC Defenders….. he was implying that he’s not going to attend any commanders games, and instead go to a DC Defenders game when the XFL resumes in February 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I hope you know his post was referencing the DC Defenders….. he was implying that he’s not going to attend any commanders games, and instead go to a DC Defenders game when the XFL resumes in February 

LMAO, I didn't even catch the Defenders player and XFL logo on the football.  I've never been to Audi Field and that sounds like it would be fun.

38 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Btw heard tickets can be had for as low as $50. And if you are going Sunday make sure to wear black

Yeah, saw that on the website. Little over $60 per ticket after fees.

I know obviously like you mentioned there is the mile-away Metro and rideshare options, but having to pay $80 to park your car (if you have to buy a permit on the secondary market) really turns people off. For a team that has had attendance struggles, I think lowering that cost could go a long way.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I went to a game when they played before Covid. Lots of fun and the stadium is a blast.

I dragged my dad (against his wishes) to like the first game, against Seattle who Jim Zorn was the coach for. That was a fun game. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
Who, not WFT
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I dragged my dad (against his wishes) to like the first game, against Seattle WFT Jim Zorn was the coach for. That was a fun game. 

I want to sit in the end zone and make a beer cup snake. I think a lot of the people that were going were untied fans that still like football but hate Snyder. I saw one guy in a “sell the team” reskins jersey. It’s my personal form of protest but I think there were a lot of like minded people at that game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Yeah, saw that on the website. Little over $60 per ticket after fees.

I know obviously like you mentioned there is the mile-away Metro and rideshare options, but having to pay $80 to park your car (if you have to buy a permit on the secondary market) really turns people off. For a team that has had attendance struggles, I think lowering that cost could go a long way.

Yeah I hear you man it’s actually way more expensive when you’re buying a one game pass vs an entire season. If you’re a season ticket holder on upper or lower it’s $50 per on club level it’s included. I’m not defending them on it but I’d imagine it’s done that way to keep people from just showing up getting drunk in the parking lots and leaving. I don’t know that but it would make sense 

I'll say this: The Packers game was my first game back to the stadium since 2016. It wasn't that bad. Yes, it's true that I haven't really experienced any other football stadium, but the experience certainly isn't as bad as some fans make it out to be. Sure, the stadium doesn't really have much character, but I have never really felt like I was missing something when attending a game. I've been to FedEx now about 7-8 times total. It's meh for sure, but it's definitely not "trash."

Disclaimer: I'm sure my tune would change if a pipe burst over my head though...just sayin.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Captain James said:

I'll say this: The Packers game was my first game back to the stadium since 2016. It wasn't that bad. Yes, it's true that I haven't really experienced any other football stadium, but the experience certainly isn't as bad as some fans make it out to be. Sure, the stadium doesn't really have much character, but I have never really felt like I was missing something when attending a game. I've been to FedEx now about 7-8 times total. It's meh for sure, but it's definitely not "trash."

The pics of the stadium at the Packers game looked like a fairly full crowd, which I think leads itself to a funner experience.

5 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Btw heard tickets can be had for as low as $50. And if you are going Sunday make sure to wear black

**** them, I ordered my Black Jersey soon as they came on the team site and now it's coming in December. 

If they wanted us to wear Black, shoulda made the black jersey available earlier to make sure we had them for the first black out game. Common sense ain't to common it appears...

I'm going to wear a black hoodie and Sell the Team shirt out of raging over warning about this since the name reveal and black jerseys shown in February. 9 months and I still don't have a Black Jersey? Seriously?🤬

35 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

**** them, I ordered my Black Jersey soon as they came on the team site and now it's coming in December. 

If they wanted us to wear Black, shoulda made the black jersey available earlier to make sure we had them for the first black out game. Common sense ain't to common it appears...

I'm going to wear a black hoodie and Sell the Team shirt out of raging over warning about this since the name reveal and black jerseys shown in February. 9 months and I still don't have a Black Jersey? Seriously?🤬

Dude that’s a Nike issue not a team issue unless you think the team is making and shipping the jerseys. It’s like blaming my pharmacist for my medication being on back order for 3 months lol And btw if you want one the chase young’s are available for shipping right now a bunch of people cancelled their original orders because the chase young ones are available to ship a ton of people are getting them today. 

Edited by Mrshadow008

1 minute ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Dude that’s a Nike issue not a team issue unless you think the team is making and shipping the jerseys. And btw if you want one the chase young’s are available for shipping right now a bunch of people cancelled their original orders because the chase young ones are available to ship a ton of people are getting them today. 

No, what evidence do you have that it takes 9 months to get one multi-billion dollar company to get another multi-billion company to get black jerseys on the shelves when the regular home and away jerseys were on shelves in a fraction of that time?

It's not like they were still designing the black jersey, it was shown the same time as the other two, 9 months ago.

Why should I have to compromise and get someone who's not my favorite player when they as expensive as they are when they had 9 months?

They had a similar backlog when they changed to WFT, I know because I tried to get a white Terry jersey and it also went from 5-7 days to over a month and a half, progressivly, so I canceled the order.  It's like they learned nothing from that.

It's more likely the franchise wanted to wait to sell them jus so they could get a secondary sales spike once they hit the stores as well, underestimated the demand and fd up the logistics.  Why didn't all three colors go on sale at the same time?

If the plan was to have a mid-season blackout game all along, they have to go on sale same time, the franchise is 90 years old and never had a black jerseys. What did they expect the demand to be?

• Like 1

talking to a bunch of fans in Indy, everyone i talked with mentioned giving away their season tickets and sticking with road games.  

2 hours ago, Captain James said:

Disclaimer: I'm sure my tune would change if a pipe burst over my head though...just sayin.

I've been to 21 stadiums. Fedex is by far the biggest trash I've been to.  

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

No, what evidence do you have that it takes 9 months to get one multi-billion dollar company to get another multi-billion company to get black jerseys on the shelves when the regular home and away jerseys were on shelves in a fraction of that time?

It's not like they were still designing the black jersey, it was shown the same time as the other two, 9 months ago.

Why should I have to compromise and get someone who's not my favorite player when they as expensive as they are when they had 9 months?

They had a similar backlog when they changed to WFT, I know because I tried to get a white Terry jersey and it also went from 5-7 days to over a month and a half, progressivly, so I canceled the order.  It's like they learned nothing from that.

It's more likely the franchise wanted to wait to sell them jus so they could get a secondary sales spike once they hit the stores as well, underestimated the demand and fd up the logistics.  Why didn't all three colors go on sale at the same time?

If the plan was to have a mid-season blackout game all along, they have to go on sale same time, the franchise is 90 years old and never had a black jerseys. What did they expect the demand to be?

It’s almost like there’s a national supply chain shortage that affects shipping and lead times. I literally work in logistics for a multibillion $ company. It’s an issue every where. Lead times for just about anything is 6-9 months in large quantities. Dell, Cisco, multiple others 6-9 months out. Oh and if the the team had that much control over which jerseys were available why would chase young be the only jersey available instead of the teams highest selling jersey by a wide margin in Terry? 

9 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Yes, but won't it be fun after the game when Kirk has another "crap the bed" day and the Skins go to 5-4 that our fans can "SKOL" them right back heading out of the stadium?

One of the best experiences was getting to do that "Seven Nation Army" chant back at the Ravens fans when, yes, Capt Kirk led us at the end to the OT win in 2012.

It was sweet yelling "Go Pack Go!" last home game as the cheeseheads headed toward the exits....

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

It’s almost like there’s a national supply chain shortage that affects shipping and lead times. I literally work in logistics for a multibillion $ company. It’s an issue every where. Lead times for just about anything is 6-9 months in large quantities. Dell, Cisco, multiple others 6-9 months out. Oh and if the the team had that much control over which jerseys were available why would chase young be the only jersey available instead of the teams highest selling jersey by a wide margin in Terry? 

This is really weak. Two different colors come out fine with plenty of time before season starts, but black doesn't? Why? 

These aren't devices with boards and chips in them, no comparison from a supply chain complexity standpoint.

Like Nike is short on black dye in context of all the black jerseys they make for other teams. 😒

4 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

talking to a bunch of fans in Indy, everyone i talked with mentioned giving away their season tickets and sticking with road games.  

I've been to 21 stadiums. Fedex is by far the biggest trash I've been to.  

I'd be curious to hear which stadiums you think were the best and which were the worst.

I went to over 150 games at FedEx over a 22 season period. I think with anything, a place can lose its luster to the viewer if you go to that many events over time.  There were complaints about how high up people in the upper deck had been pushed up from RFK, but all in all it was seen as a solid upgrade of a stadium when it opened. But they did bring over some of the RFK personality, like the same PA guy, and had significantly more participation from the band, who occupied seats in the lower level. After a game in 1998 when we beat the Eagles, my mom related overhearing a conversation on her train back to Philly where a couple of their fans were commenting on how nice our new place was compared to the Vet.

Then Snyder took over and I know he wasn't responsible for the location or physical plant aspects of the place, but there were atmospheric things that he slowly did away with. And it seemed like there was never any effort to give the club level any sort of high end feel.  They tried a few different concepts in the restaurant space during the first few years before settling on....Hooters.  When I went to a game in the club level at the Linc its first season, the difference in presentation was glaring.

I went to the Tennessee game at FedEx, which was my first in several years. I appreciate that they don't try to overwhelm the audience, but the atmosphere did seem devoid of any personality. And they just can't do little things right. There was an early game in London going on, but pretty much none of the TVs in the club level were showing it.  They had also removed a lot of the seating in the concourse do.  It just felt like it had been cheapened.

Edit: Speaking of cheapened, came across another Twitter post from a fan at the Packers game. This is shameful:

Edited by hail2skins
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

This is really weak. Two different colors come out fine with plenty of time before season starts, but black doesn't? Why? 

These aren't devices with boards and chips in them, no comparison from a supply chain complexity standpoint.

Like Nike is short on black dye in context of all the black jerseys they make for other teams. 😒

Look man I get it I know it’s easy to blame the team for it they do a lot wrong. But to address a couple of your points. You said you could see the team holding out on the black jerseys to get a secondary sales spike. While that sounds plausible and sure there might would be an uptick in sales it really wouldn’t affect the teams bottom dollar unless it was sold strictly in the team store. When merch (especially jerseys) comes from big retailers like fanatics, dicks, nflshop, etc it’s split between the player (nflpa), all 32 teams equally, the retailer, and the manufacturer. The only time the team gets a bigger cut is when it’s sold physically at the team store. What that means is a secondary sale spike would do very little to the teams bottom line.
Secondly why would nike wait to release the black jerseys or produce those last? Well they had to produce 3 entirely new jerseys for this team while also producing new salute the service, nike rflctv    And atmosphere jerseys for EVERY nfl team. So they’ve had to manufacture up to this point 5 entirely new jerseys for this franchise alone since February so is it really that hard to believe that with all of the supply chain issues etc that it’s just taking some time? 

• Like 1