Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 Preseason - Washington Football Team @ New England Patriots

zCommander
Message added by TK,

image.thumb.png.74ffd521092fe3f4bae75d218b1df7db.png

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

There is not a back on this roster currently threatening Barber's spot

not a whiff of one of the backup big backs in the first half

Disagree. The one that makes the most sense to replace him is Patterson. And Patterson is far more dangerous in the receiving game. 

• Like 1

We also have to embrace the possibility that Heineke might have played the game of his life against the Bucs.  It doesn't mean he isn't cut out to win the back up spot and start a few games for Fitz if needed for whatever reason, but the sample size on him is way too small to assume the team still doesn't need to draft a QB (or trade/sign for a younger franchise QB in the very near future)

I am fine with running with the QB's we got for 2021, as the team is still building towards something great, but I also feel like if you are going to go the draft pick route you want that QB here and learning and getting reps before this defense is on the other side of their dominant seasons. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Disagree. The one that makes the most sense to replace him is Patterson. And Patterson is far more dangerous in the receiving game. 

Well, while that's true, no one on the roster does what Barber does. Patterson isn't that bruising up the gut two yard gainer.

Just now, duffy said:

More better than hiring Tanya Snyder as CEO? 

We all know T.Snyder is just holding things down.  No need to imagine here.

Additionally all the positive changes were put in place by Dan (whether he originally wanted to or not). It's about time.

That said, I'm loving Ron.

• Haha 1

Outside of Patterson the RB, I have not been too impressed with what I have seen from the back ups.  Not sure if the Pats offense kept more starters in for awhile so Jones could work with them, but it just seemed like the defense got a lot slower and late to the ball carriers as the 1st half went on.

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

We also have to embrace the possibility that Heineke might have played the game of his life against the Bucs.  It doesn't mean he isn't cut out to win the back up spot and start a few games for Fitz if needed for whatever reason, but the sample size on him is way too small to assume the team still doesn't need to draft a QB (or trade/sign for a younger franchise QB in the very near future)

I am fine with running with the QB's we got for 2021, as the team is still building towards something great, but I also feel like if you are going to go the draft pick route you want that QB here and learning and getting reps before this defense is on the other side of their dominant seasons. 

Fitz is a stop gap and Heine is a backup. The future franchise QB is not on this team.  I’m praying for Peyton Manning’s nephew in 4 or 5 years.