Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 Preseason - Washington Football Team @ New England Patriots

zCommander
Message added by TK,

image.thumb.png.74ffd521092fe3f4bae75d218b1df7db.png

Question for our Oline couch sitters.

I dunno, early in the game, when Taylor was in, It looked like our oline had no juice.  THey seemed almost too relaxed, and often were set already up high,.  Now I don't know if our coaches want different things, or maybe that's a tell that a quick pass is coming, but the drive we got 6 on, they seemed more... gruff and brutal in the trenches.

4 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Ok, so how does everyone feel so far? I feel...ok about everything.

Very excited about chase, that dip move was sick and even after that he was all over the field.

He's gonna be a monster.

Not thrilled with the rest but not upset either, just kinda meh.

We'll see, it's pre season plus I have no idea how Rivera coaches in the pre season so maybe I just gotta get used to his pre season game plans as well.

Edited by redskinss

Look, it’s just 30 minutes of preseason football…but, the professionalism and preparation on display tonight with Coach Ron vs what we got in the Gruden era is very noticeable.

No penalties, no head-scratchers, no blown assignments.  We look more dialed in than the Pats at their house.

Thats the just the way it is.

• Like 9
  • Thumb up 2

8 minutes ago, Long Time Fan said:

I wonder if all the Barber play has something to do with his ability to pass protect and our o line starting off shaky.  Either way I'm happy Patterson is getting some burn.

That is a good point.

I just really don't want to see Patterson leave. He's going to be good.

11 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Moses was a vocal supporter of Trent . He may have said some things to upset Ron

Yeah I just get the feeling that it was likely something he said.  

Hes had a history of talking too much. 

Might have been viewed as negative and made him expendable. 

1 minute ago, Veretax said:

Question for our Oline couch sitters.

I dunno, early in the game, when Taylor was in, It looked like our oline had no juice.  THey seemed almost too relaxed, and often were set already up high,.  Now I don't know if our coaches want different things, or maybe that's a tell that a quick pass is coming, but the drive we got 6 on, they seemed more... gruff and brutal in the trenches.

O-line should always be “gruff and brutal” in the trenches. 

Just now, Jacoby66forHOF said:

O-line should always be “gruff and brutal” in the trenches. 

Exactly my feelings, which is why ... when they couldn't seem to give TAylor enough time it seemed like they were just putting in time.  I seriously wonder if its a tell that a pass is coming, and if I a lay person can see that, God help if one of our rivals sees that tape.

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Did anyone else see Bates push thru 2 guys on that TD?

Gourmet ish

I really like Bates. I think he's going to wind up being a great pick. 

Just now, TheShredder said:

Cam Newton is done.  That's the biggest take from this game. 

Don't tell the Pats. I hope they run him out there every game for the next few years lol. 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Very excited about chase, that dip move was sick and even after that he was all over the field.

He's gonna be a monster.

The great thing about Chase tonight is he was doing that without Sweat on the other side.

The man is going to beast this season.

• Like 1

Just now, Veretax said:

Exactly my feelings, which is why ... when they couldn't seem to give TAylor enough time it seemed like they were just putting in time.  I seriously wonder if its a tell that a pass is coming, and if I a lay person can see that, God help if one of our rivals sees that tape.

A good O-line plays as a unit, all 5 members know what the other is going to do.   The O-line for Heine was a mixture of 1s and 2s.  That’s been a factor early on when Heine was in.  O-line got more consistent as the half wound down ending with a nice TD drive. 

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Agreed. I think those two and Henteges make the team and Sammie goes to PS.

That's what I expect, too. I do hope we can hang on to Reyes and develop him for next year or this one in the event of an injury.