Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

6 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

He's Kirk Cousins west. 

He'll give you a decent game, but he is guaranteed to make one or two head scratching plays a game.

Yup, might as well bring Kirk back, at least he stays healthy. I just have a hard time giving up assets for Jimmy G

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

That was a fumble. NY should have stopped play and reviewed. 49ers hit the ball out before his arm comes forward. Aikman watching it but not saying a thing. 

That block was justice. 

49ers get better as the game goes. 

Q1 - 8TDs

Q2 - 11

Q3 - 14

Q4/5 - 12

19TDs 1st half 26 2nd. Not sure FGs would change it that much.

Also Rogers is not a great comeback artist. He is tied for 40th lifetime and only tied for 9th among active QBs. Tom Brady, Ben R, Matt S, Ryan Tannehill, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco are a few actives that are ahead. 

Here is the source:  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm

49ers get the ball to start the 2nd half. If they can come out and score it will put some pressure on GB. Of course it could also come completely apart 🙂  Rooting for 49ers hard here. 

to be fair to Rodgers...

139-66 career record. Hasn't had to come back all that much.

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

to be fair to Rodgers...

139-66 career record. Hasn't had to come back all that much.

I hear that every time I bring this up but it doesn't fly. Below are the top 10 - all have very good winning records except Stafford and probably Ryan. Manning, Brady, Ben R, Unitas, Marino, Elway, even Rivers. I researched his % conversion and found it also to be very low. 

And it's not even close. Brady has 42 compared to Rogers 18. Manning 43. Ben R 41., etc. So opportunity does not help here at all. 

image.png.e840e9064336ebc2e0d3554794ccfe24.png

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I hear that every time I bring this up but it doesn't fly. Below are the top 10 - all have very good winning records except Stafford and probably Ryan. Manning, Brady, Ben R, Unitas, Marino, Elway, even Rivers. I researched his % conversion and found it also to be very low. 

And it's not even close. Brady has 42 compared to Rogers 18. Manning 43. Ben R 41., etc. So opportunity does not help here at all. 

image.png.e840e9064336ebc2e0d3554794ccfe24.png

How does it not fly? The Packers aren't really in position for 4th quarter comebacks all that often.

4th quarter comebacks is a decent stat but not all that meaningful. I'm amazed at the lengths people go to discredit these quarterbacks though.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

How does it not fly? The Packers aren't really in position for 4th quarter comebacks all that often.

4th quarter comebacks is a decent stat but not all that meaningful. I'm amazed at the lengths people go to discredit these quarterbacks though.

Then explain Brady and Manning being so far ahead? 🙂  They have equally good winning records. If most of the top 15 or 20 were all good QBs from losing teams, and QBs like Brady and Manning were lower too, you would have a point. But the greatest QB of all time with an amazing winning record is #2 all time with more than twice the number of 4th Q comebacks.  

And I am not trying to discredit Rogers. You are rfeading too much into it. My point was if the 49ers can get a lead, Rogers is not as good at as he is perceived at comebacks. Nothing more than that.

Again, he is one of the top 5 or so QBs of all time. But no QB is perfect. He is not as great art 4th Q comebacks. Also, I also researched the % conversion on opportunity and he was also very low there too supporting that he does not convert late comebacks as much as it would seem.