Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

1 minute ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

Not sure I could watch a season of Jimmy G. These throws look eerily similar to some of the ones TH threw. 

They’re bad in different ways.

I agree Jimmy hasn’t played well.

That said, playing in this environment is tough. Weather and Lambeau in the playoffs is tough.

He has played better in previous week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

Then explain Brady and Manning being so far ahead? 🙂  They have equally good winning records. If most of the top 15 or 20 were all good QBs from losing teams, and QBs like Brady and Manning were lower too, you would have a point. But the greatest QB of all time with an amazing winning record is #2 all time with more than twice the number of 4th Q comebacks.  

And I am not trying to discredit Rogers. You are rfeading too much into it. My point was if the 49ers can get a lead, Rogers is not as good at as he is perceived at comebacks. Nothing more than that.

Again, he is one of the top 5 or so QBs of all time. But no QB is perfect. He is not as great art 4th Q comebacks. Also, I also researched the % conversion on opportunity and he was also very low there too supporting that he does not convert late comebacks as much as it would seem. 

Brady is the greatest quarterback of all time and Manning may have been had he not gotten hurt.

There's the explanation. 

It's not about winning records. It's about 4th quarter comebacks. To be in position to get one you have to be LOSING in the fourth quarter. Not tied. Being tied leads to game winning drives.

Manning and Brady were often in position to lead them to wins and they capitalized because... Manning and Brady. 

image.png.348b105ce8b4d087ec929e5f336bed61.png

Doesn't paint him in the prettiest light but upon scrolling down Warner and Aikman are among the names lower than him.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Brady is the greatest quarterback of all time and Manning may have been had he not gotten hurt.

There's the explanation. 

It's not about winning records. It's about 4th quarter comebacks. To be in position to get one you have to be LOSING in the fourth quarter. Not tied. Being tied leads to game winning drives.

Manning and Brady were often in position to lead them to wins and they capitalized because... Manning and Brady. 

image.png.348b105ce8b4d087ec929e5f336bed61.png

Doesn't paint him in the prettiest light but upon scrolling down Warner and Aikman are among the names lower than him.

To have Joe Montana so far down hurts, because back then it looked effortless for him.   

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

To have Joe Montana so far down hurts, because back then it looked effortless for him.   

Don't let it. It was effortless for him. These stats aren't a measure of QB ability. But it highlights potential strengths. Some of these guys are just never going to lose if its close going into the fourth (tied or losing). But it's not a great measure of success. Rodgers has lost 66 games in his NFL career. 

He has 449 TD on his career and only 93 interceptions. He's dominant.

Brady has 624 TD but 203 INT.

Manning 539/251

Favre 508/336

Rodgers TD:INT ratio is ABSURD.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Don't let it. It was effortless for him. These stats aren't a measure of QB ability. But it highlights potential strengths. Some of these guys are just never going to lose if its close going into the fourth (tied or losing). But it's not a great measure of success. Rodgers has lost 66 games in his NFL career. 

He has 449 TD on his career and only 93 interceptions. He's dominant.

Brady has 624 TD but 203 INT.

Manning 539/251

Favre 508/336

Rodgers TD:INT ratio is ABSURD.

Oh, I know...I'm old.   Didn't Favre retire with more INTs than TDs??