Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

15 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is Ricky Seals-Jones still on the team ? Because I could have sworn I saw him listed on the very first roster, after the cuts 

Then the next one came out, and he's not on it. But I don't remember seeing any action taken on him.

btw, he's Eric Dickerson's cousin, for anyone who didn't know

Yes he is. There haven’t been any roster changes since the first cuts yet, besides signing players to the practice squad. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Just to follow up on this. Will Grier got claimed on waivers. Back when Kyle Allen and Grier were on Carolina, Allen outplayed Grier pretty significantly. Lest you think Grier is some big young prospect, Grier is actually older than Kyle Allen by nearly a full year. Cap wise they have the same contract, though Grier's cap hit is a bit higher due to the signing bonus (assessed against Carolina). That's how desperate teams are for QBs.

LOL I know who Grier is. I lived in Carolina and had to listen to those nut cases crow all the time. But thanks for the "lest you..." it was at least good for a laugh.

On to the important stuff (well not really important, more pertinent) Here is what they both did in the preseason: 

WIll Grier - 22 - 31 for 223 yds - 70.9% comp.  

Kyle Allen -12 - 26 for 123 yds - 46% comp. 

Lest you think the competition was different (sorry just could not help myself) - They both played against the Ravens - the team that has to win every preseason game: 

Grier - 11-14 for 144 yds

Allen - 10-22 for 100 yds. 

In the end, so what? This does nothing to change the fact that Kyle Allen is of little value to the team. Neither did Grier. Unless the rules changed Carolina got ZERO for Grier and were Ok with that. If some desperate team (love that it was dallas, they released two of their arms in camp - LOL  And Dak is anything but a sure thing this season) wants to pick up someone who has done nothing to show they are of any value, I can't stop them. And let's not gloss over this started because a few people (in fairness just a few) were saying Kyle Allen had some trade value. But there again, if someone is stupid enough to trade for him by all means get all you can. 

To be clear, I did not say he absolutely would not get picked off of waivers which is different than being traded for. I said it was very unlikely but if he did, it would not be a big loss. And I will easily stand by that. 

Kyle Allen at this point coming back from his injury - something Grier is not suffering from - is just not a good QB and really only has no value to anyone but this team, and that's just barely.  He will have to show me he can at least get back to something resembling a NFL QB before I will change my mind. And nothing, nothing at all that happened in preseason suggested he will. 

Again I would have released him for the roster spot and tried to get him on the PS if you want him. I would much rather have William Bradley-King or even AGG, possibly Moreland on the roster. But they want 3 QBs and I get it. I am actually hoping that they are letting the dust settle, then sign a FA LB - has to be the reason they only kept 4, and then see if he gets to the PS.

19 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

LOL I know who Grier is. I lived in Carolina and had to listen to those nut cases crow all the time. But thanks for the "lest you..." it was at least good for a laugh.

On to the important stuff (well not really important, more pertinent) Here is what they both did in the preseason: 

WIll Grier - 22 - 31 for 223 yds - 70.9% comp.  

Kyle Allen -12 - 26 for 123 yds - 46% comp. 

Lest you think the competition was different (sorry just could not help myself) - They both played against the Ravens - the team that has to win every preseason game: 

Grier - 11-14 for 144 yds

Allen - 10-22 for 100 yds. 

In the end, so what? This does nothing to change the fact that Kyle Allen is of little value to the team. Neither did Grier. Unless the rules changed Carolina got ZERO for Grier and were Ok with that. If some desperate team (love that it was dallas, they released two of their arms in camp - LOL  And Dak is anything but a sure thing this season) wants to pick up someone who has done nothing to show they are of any value, I can't stop them. And let's not gloss over this started because a few people (in fairness just a few) were saying Kyle Allen had some trade value. But there again, if someone is stupid enough to trade for him by all means get all you can. 

To be clear, I did not say he absolutely would not get picked off of waivers which is different than being traded for. I said it was very unlikely but if he did, it would not be a big loss. And I will easily stand by that. 

Kyle Allen at this point coming back from his injury - something Grier is not suffering from - is just not a good QB and really only has no value to anyone but this team, and that's just barely.  He will have to show me he can at least get back to something resembling a NFL QB before I will change my mind. And nothing, nothing at all that happened in preseason suggested he will. 

Again I would have released him for the roster spot and tried to get him on the PS if you want him. I would much rather have William Bradley-King or even AGG, possibly Moreland on the roster. But they want 3 QBs and I get it. I am actually hoping that they are letting the dust settle, then sign a FA LB - has to be the reason they only kept 4, and then see if he gets to the PS.

I think you are arguing a different point. I get that you personally would not keep Kyle Allen. That wasn't the point. The point was the claim that no one would claim Kyle Allen. If the team cut him, someone would have. Possibly the Cowboys.

Now, if you want to argue losing Kyle Allen doesn't matter. That's a fair argument. But that also wasn't the point. The point was someone would claim Allen. I think the fact that someone claimed Grier is as close to proof as you'll get without actually waiving Allen and seeing. And, to some extent, I suppose you could argue the team made the right move. As they would have likely lost Allen, but waived William Bradley-King, AGG, and Moreland and lost none of them to claims.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, terpfan said:

Yes he is. There haven’t been any roster changes since the first cuts yet, besides signing players to the practice squad. 

Interesting. This thing came out quite a bit of time after the last cuts.

And there's no sign of RSJ.

Unless I need my eyes checked.

That or NBC Sports is screwin up

E-JeqKHXEAAF_Xe.jpg

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

11 Receivers, combining WR and TE, on the roster

That's a crazy amount it seems.

Someone must be on the bubble among them, for when a LB is added

I think it's going to be the IR shuffle.  Can effectively have 54 people on the roster, but a rotating someone is always missing 3 weeks.

18 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Interesting. This thing came out quite a bit of time after the last cuts.

And there's no sign of RSJ.

Unless I need my eyes checked.

That or NBC Sports is screwin up

E-JeqKHXEAAF_Xe.jpg

Seems like a mistake. There’s only 52 players listed on that graphic. 

Called the IR stash. Wouldn’t surprise me if that’s not the last one either. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I think you are arguing a different point. I get that you personally would not keep Kyle Allen. That wasn't the point. The point was the claim that no one would claim Kyle Allen. If the team cut him, someone would have. Possibly the Cowboys.

Now, if you want to argue losing Kyle Allen doesn't matter. That's a fair argument. But that also wasn't the point. The point was someone would claim Allen. I think the fact that someone claimed Grier is as close to proof as you'll get without actually waiving Allen and seeing. And, to some extent, I suppose you could argue the team made the right move. As they would have likely lost Allen, but waived William Bradley-King, AGG, and Moreland and lost none of them to claims.

Sorry but with all due respect it is you who is arguing the wrong point. My original comment was around him having trade value which a few posters made including you I think but if not my mistake. That is where it started. I did add that I also doubted - doubted not that it was absolute - that he would get picked up off waivers but if he did it would be no great loss. 

But we can continue this for one more comment becasue it is of course moot now since he was kept on the 53 man roster - The data above that you either ignored or skipped is that Grier had a very very good camp and is NOT coming off a severe injury. Kyle Allen had a **** preseason and not a great camp and is still recovering from serious injury - an injury some players never recover from. So nothing in Grier getting picked up suggests Allen would. You just cannot compare the two - at least not with any credibility. 

But again, if someone is stupid enough to do it, go ahead. I seriously doubt it but teams have done dumber things, so it's not impossible. But let's not compare a guy in perfect health who had a great camp and preseason to a guy coming off serious injury who had a really bad preseason. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, -JB- said:

WR’s, RB’s & LB’s can wear single digits now.  Get used to it! Slow Motion Smoking GIF

I may not have to get used to Carter.

He probably won't be around long.

As soon as we inevitably sign a LB or 2, he may very well be the first to get the axe

Hence the #1 on his jersey lol

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

Not often I see a John Kelly reference :)

Even though we have a lot of satellite type backs on the roster, Ameer Abdullah is interesting to me. 

Born in Knoxville, my dad tutored Phillip Fulmer for math. ;)

Obviously I'd like to see a Vol here, and I like what he brings. 5'10/219 with good quicks and good hands. A poor mans Alvin Kamara if you will. I'd take John over Ameer because he's more of a 3 down back than Ameer is, IMO.

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ugh, couldn't hold the Mayo on this?🙄

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Fromm might have something there, to work with

After losing QB Sweat to the Lions, I agree. But Fromm may not want to come here. As the GA QB for years, going against our SEC studs: Payne, Allen, Sweat, and Collins - mike trigger his PTSD. 

• Haha 1