Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

We now have to convince AGG and Moreland, etc that they want to be on our practice squad over other teams.  I'm sure they will have other options.  Call em now, get em signed quick.

That could work, with both of those players.

Due to the fact that they are both somewhat local players, who may want to stay in the area where they went to school, etc.

• Like 1

What's fun for us with a 5-2 (or 5-1) is that it puts Payne over the center, which he will always win and the DTs (allen and Iaonnidias) over the OTs. Sweat and Chase out wide takes away a lot of sweeps, flats and screen thanks to their athleticism. Having 2 LBers in the middle really simplifies their reads for pass or run and you definitely know where the lane is going to be. It's bad that it puts our LBers on Gs too often, but if they can stay clean, it should open up some real blitzing holes for Davis and Collins to take advantage of.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

With Apke bangin it on ST, and with his speed, I wonder if they've considered trying him at Returns.

Maybe he doesn't have good enough hands.

I remember him dropping an easy INT last year. 

It was only one play that I know of, to signify that.

But perhaps it did reflect his actual hands abilities

Expanding his role on ST might be using him as a blocker on returns, but he doesn't seem like a return guy himself. He can still use that speed to set up a cross field blocking assignments or something. He may already be doing this. I have to start watching him more.

• Like 2

Reaves to the PS! Looks like we’re at 14/16 by my count. One of those last spots will likely be a QB from somewhere else (Montez signed on Detroit’s PS)

DL William Bradley-King
DL Gabe Wright
OL Beau Benzschawel
RB Peyton Barber
OL David Steinmetz
LB Jared Norris
WR Antonio Gandy-Golden
DL Daniel Wise
OL Keith Ismael
OL Wes Martin 
LB Jordan Kunaszyk
DL Bunmi Rotimi

DB Danny Johnson

DB Jeremy Reaves

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, terpfan said:

Reaves to the PS! Looks like we’re at 14/16 by my count. One of those last spots will likely be a QB from somewhere else (Montez signed on Detroit’s PS)

DL William Bradley-King
DL Gabe Wright
OL Beau Benzschawel
RB Peyton Barber
OL David Steinmetz
LB Jared Norris
WR Antonio Gandy-Golden
DL Daniel Wise
OL Keith Ismael
OL Wes Martin 
LB Jordan Kunaszyk
DL Bunmi Rotimi

DB Danny Johnson

DB Jeremy Reaves

Cue the " (fill in the blank with PS player name) is not going to last on the PS ! Somebody is going to swipe up that dude !"

:)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

We seem to be adding a lot of O and D line depth. I would expect us to add a QB and at some point.

Really ?

I would think that with 3 QB's on the 53 man roster, all of them having proven themselves, that we wouldn't use a PS spot on a 4th.

At the same time, it wouldn't surprise me though. You could always find a guy that looks like he might turn into something someday

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

Keep hearing how good he is on special teams

Can confirm

He is a STs Demon. Not even sugar coating it.

Constantly gets by his guy as a gunner. Usually around the ball if not making the tackle.

Always hustles, a must for a good STer

Played on 75%(!) of the teams ST plays in 2019 so he is capable of filling multiple roles if needed in a variety of ST setups.

Can't teach speed... and as we know he can Run, Run.

I don't know about best in the NFL, but he is easily the best STer on our squad not named Way.

Liking the PS squad so far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Really ?

I would think that with 3 QB's on the 53 man roster, all of them having proven themselves, that we wouldn't use a PS spot on a 4th.

At the same time, it wouldn't surprise me though. You could always find a guy that looks like he might turn into something someday

Covid is a thing. What happens if you get an outbreak of Covid in your QB room and all 3 have to isolate? Having a fourth on the practice squad who is not a close contact would seem wise.

• Like 2

Glad to see we got pretty much everyone we cut back on the PS.  

I think we have strong depth on defense and (potentially) a better offense. How much better from one of the worst in the league last year? Unclear.

On paper, we are more explosive. But it’s disturbing that CS has been hurt for months and I have no idea what we can expect from him. 

Ultimately, I’m hoping the offense can be average and with a strong D we are a fun team to watch. QB is a weakness and will need to be addressed with an upgrade or draft pick next year for any chance of sustained success.

• Like 1