Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

Sad to see the owner's wife addressing the team instead of the owner himself.  Regardless of issues.  It's his team!  Yes, his wife is co-owner but....  JMO y'all.  

To add to the Tanya narrative, Grant Paulsen just shared a story on air about running into Dan and Tanya the other day and he said something to them (some sort of greeting).  Dan ignores him and just looks away.  Tanya on the other hand gave him a big friendly greeting.

Sheehan also shared he heard Tanya is really a pleasant person to deal with and has really good communcation skills whereas Dan is not on both counts.

Maybe a heavier dose of Tanya would help here.  While I am dubious that she has that much input or control -- at a minimum it wouldn't hurt to have someone likeable present ownership for a change. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ron appears to live in his own world at times. 

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I talked about it some the other day here.  But yeah agree he was a big time homer. I don't think Sheehan called him out in part because he oddly seems to have a cup is half full outlook on the other three teams in the division and this team is the cup is half empty one but he hedges on that from time to time.

Like you, I like Sheehan, he's probably my fav radio personality but he has some really weird for him (because he typically leans usually closer to the homer side) passive aggressive thing going on about the division, where he seems to want to boost the other teams in the division and downplay this team but then he from time to time hedges to cover any possibility.

I thought it was funny when a NY Giants beat guy was on his show the other day, the reporter downplays Daniel Jones, then Sheehan tried to boost him.

In different segments, Sheehan has said he's a Daniel Jones believer but from time to time hedges.  And lately he's doing the same witth Jalen Hurts and talks about how the Eagles can win the division.  In different segments with him its about people sleeping on the Giants and Eagles.  And then once in awhile he hedges on it. 

On the WFT he goes this is one of the most loaded rosters in their recent history.  But on another segment seemed to hint he will bet the under on the WFT win total and also predicted 7-10.  In other segments he said he might bet on the Eagles and Giants going over the oddsmakers win total projections.   In one segement he said Barkley is the best player in the division outside of the QBs. 

In other segments, he's downplayed Terry, talked about Chase not living up to his billing in the playoff game, argues that WFT didn't give Tampa their hardest game in the playoffs.  It seems like he really really really wants to say its an overrated roster and worst team in the division but doesn't want to say it outright because either he knows he could be wrong and or take some flak from his callers. 

Sheehan has become 90% of what I consume, but he’s a radio guy always looking for an angle to create a good segment— he loves being a thorn. Though, Galdi is creeping up on him for me of late. Sheehan has the sharpest football mind of the radio and beat guys I’ve come across to date. 

Side note: he needs to drop Cooley and recruit Paulsen. It’s a wrap for Cooley. Or Galdi should do it on his podcast. 

3 hours ago, Vanguard said:

I have never listened to Sheehan and I doubt I’d like his show from what I’m hearing.  I listen to B Mitch and Finlay for the most part.  I think they are both realistic about this team.

Eeek… Bmitch and Finlay!? No go for me, but obviously that’s opinion. Don’t gain much information or knowledge from them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

Sad to see the owner's wife addressing the team instead of the owner himself.  Regardless of issues.  It's his team!  Yes, his wife is co-owner but....  JMO y'all.  

You WANT more of Dan Snyder?  Self harm is not acceptable.  If you need help, there are hotlines for it.

Joking aside.  From a business interest perspective, Dan Snyder showing his face would be a poor move.  I don't feel sad that someone who screwed up as much as he has, has repercussions.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Sheehan has become 90% of what I consume, but he’s a radio guy always looking for an angle to create a good segment— he loves being a thorn. Though, Galdi is creeping up on him for me of late. Sheehan has the sharpest football mind of the radio and beat guys I’ve come across to date. 

I've listened to Galdi for eons too from back when he had a regular Saturday show.  His podcasts are good.  I like him, too.

Cooley was great for years IMO but agree he seems to me a bit checked out ever since he moved out west permamently.

As for Sheehan for me he remains the best.  I don't have to agree with a radio host to like them.  This year more than typically, ive disagreed with Sheehan more than usual.  But for me I want to be entertained versus having my takes validated when it comes to radio talk show hosts.  Sheehan to me remains entertaining. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

4 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

Maybe as simple as him hedging his bets in case hes wrong? 

I think it's actually more complicated.  I think he hates the owner with such a degree of passion (which he mentions a lot), and how the owner has destroyed the team, the fanbase, etc, he's somewhat become jaded and it taints his overall opinion of the team.  

I think he believes that the roster is better than it's been, he likes Rivera as a coach.  At the same time, he is being somewhat realistic the team was 7-9 last year, and if we're being honest, if Dak hadn't gotten hurt, they would probably have been 6-10 or worse, and would not have won the division.

He's always had a soft spot for Daniel Jones.  Just like he kindof had the same thing for Haskins.  In fact, he said he was rooting for Haskins because he wants to be right that Haskins has talent. 

I think he's got a lot of different thoughts running through his head, and it's coming out a bit jumbled.

He also spends SO much time pontificating about the "boys in the desert" and where they rank in the odds, that he relies on that a lot.  Which is fine, but what he never seems to acknowledge is 1) these are educated guesses 2) they are often wrong and 3) they're meant to spur betting and generate as much revenue for the book, not be an actual reflection of reality.  For example, the "boys in the desert" KNOW how to get Cowboy fans to bet the wrong way so they can make money.  They're really good at it.  My qualification for that statement is I'm a recovering obsessive compulsive gambler who spent more time in Vegas than is reasonably healthy.  Granted, I didn't bet on sports, but damn if I didn't know people who did and people at all the sports books.  

Also, since Cooley has disappeared off the pod, he spends 2-3 or even 4 days a week with Thom "squeaky" Lovero, who's just an overall bad influence.  Which can't help matters.  

And finally, I think he's been optimistic before and been disappointed.  So he doesn't want to let himself be optimistic again.

That's my psychoanalysis of Kevin Sheehan.  I'll be here all week. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He's always had a soft spot for Daniel Jones.  

He's talked about this.  Part of it is his respect for Jay and some in the building as for their talent assesments.  He's not a Jay HC fan but he was a Jay can evaluate talent fan.  He talked about it repeatedy including with Cooley who concurred with that point.  He's mentioned before Jay and some others in the building thought more highly of Jones than they did Haskins.  Sorry for the Jay part and I am not saying this to drive you crazy :ols:. But if we are talking about Sheehan its part of his narrative about Jones from the jump.

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Just like he kindof had the same thing for Haskins. 

Yes and no.  He and Cooley didn't like him before the draft.  And they passionately made the case against Haskins.   And he has still stuck to Jones > Haskins.  But he warmed up to Haskins in his first season (Cooley not so much) and reversed himself. 

I recall Cooley liking Drew Lock over both Haskins and Jones.  Sheehan was still pushing Lock the other day.

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

Women/ wives can own sports teams? What next? Voting for president?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Theismann cheated on, and then dumped, his wife for Cathy Lee Crosby.  Jay Schroeder was a bum. Tony peters, barry wilburn, and dexter manley were doing nose candy.  Riggins and the OL should've received royalties from anheiser-busch.  It was hardly top-notch (let alone top-shelf, though at the time, crosby was kinda scrumptious) and definitely not beyond reproach.  The difference was that, for the most part, the guys were likeable, took their jobs seriously, and were a fairly tight-knit team.

No social media helped too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yes and no.

I was talking more after Haskins first season where he was on the “I want to see more” bus. And made a big point of wanting to see Haskins for all 16 games.  

He said at some point this week he’s rooting fit Haskins.  I’m mot sure if it was on the radio show or podcast.  

The reason he gave was because he wants to be right that he still thinks Gaskins has some talent..

45 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

this pains me some, Marshall was one of my favs, and when Shi Smith started dropping in the draft I wanted him, too.  But I do like our depth at WR.  

Hope he uses that "infectious" energy to distribute many "saccines". 😬

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've listened to Galdi for eons too from back when he had a regular Saturday show.  His podcasts are good.  I like him, too.

He puts a lot into the production on the podcast that I appreciate. The Rivera, coaches, and player cuts are nice to hear. Value is high for me because I don’t seek those interviews elsewhere. 

Cooley was great for years IMO but agree he seems to me a bit checked out ever since he moved out west permamently.

I thought he slipped last season. My speculation is when he stopped pursuing NFL coaching his interest waned. He seemed to believe those break downs might provide an opportunity. 

I think Cooley tried to hang in there for Kev, but will leave Sheehan hanging from time to time and slowly phase out. 

Paulsen needs to get on a Pod. He’s not the personality Cooley (not close), but is making some great strides with breaking stuff down. 

As for Sheehan for me he remains the best.  I don't have to agree with a radio host to like them.  This year more than typically, ive disagreed with Sheehan more than usual.  But for me I want to be entertained versus having my takes validated when it comes to radio talk show hosts.  Sheehan to me remains entertaining. 

I agree. I was on the complete other side of the Kirk stuff so it was a struggle for me early on during my time listening to him. 

8 hours ago, Vanguard said:

What will they say when Dallas loses again this year?

Not for nothing, but Dallas had finished with a record better than last year's NFC East champion WFT, four straight years before Dak was injured.  He is 7-1 against the reigning NFC East champs, and has a winning record against every other team in the division as well.  My guess is they will be talking about Dak's health if Dallas loses again.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

He puts a lot into the production on the podcast that I appreciate. The Rivera, coaches, and player cuts are nice to hear. Value is high for me because I don’t seek those interviews elsewhere. 

Two other podcasts that to me are must listen to are Standig and Keim.  Keims podcasts are short but he gets into some interesting gossip typically at the beginning.  Speaking of Cooley he would joke about Keim getting so many things right because he finds a zillion sources to agree before divulging a thing.  Keim has admitted hating to be wrong.  Not that he's always right but he nails it more than most.  Standig to me is a close 2nd on that front.    I like listening to Galdi but he almost never has any inside info but he's entertaining, I like his persona.

As for Kirk, the ones who especially liked him, Galdi, Sheehan, Paulsen, get skewered on twitter through this day from some of the rabid Kirk haters.  Personally, I don't get it.  For starters, Kirk is long gone now.  But more on point, I don't care if the radio hosts sees everything like I do.  I want to be informed and entertained.  I can't think of a single radio host or for that matter fan that I agree with on everything.  Different strokes....

As for L. Paulson, his film takes are interesting.  My one beef with him is he doesn't have much personality so he can be a bit boring. 

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I really like Finley on the WFT talk pod.

I think Finlay and Mitchell think when they go into their personal lives its entertaining -- for me that part is hit or miss.  But they tend to get good guests and talk a lot of football. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

think Finlay and Mitchell think when they go into their personal lives its entertaining -- for me that part is hit or miss.  But they tend to get good guests and talk a lot of football. 

I honestly don’t care about their personal lives because I’m a self centered ass hat. :P 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I was talking more after Haskins first season where he was on the “I want to see more” bus. And made a big point of wanting to see Haskins for all 16 games.  

He said at some point this week he’s rooting fit Haskins.  I’m mot sure if it was on the radio show or podcast.  

The reason he gave was because he wants to be right that he still thinks Gaskins has some talent..

Yeah he though went on a weird ride on Haskins.  My point is if he wants to argue he wasn't all in on Haskins he can do it because he and Cooley talked about how they didn't like Haskins chances to be successful in the NFL.  But yeah Sheehan flipped some after that 1.5 games that season (Eagles-Giants) where Haskins looked decent.

With Daniel Jones, even though Cooley wasn't all in on him, Sheehan seemed to believe from the jump he might be good and whenever he talked about it back then it often accompanied him talking about how Jay and some in the building thought Jones was better than Haskins.  He's never vacillated much on Jones.  But he's vacillated on Haskins.

The other funny thing to me about him wanting to be right is Kerryon Johnson.  He was really pumping him up before the draft.  And I noticed even recently that Sheehan still seems to believe in him even though he's on the verge of being out of the NFL. 

Cooley years back all of a sudden deferred to Sheehan about his takes on RBs in the draft when from what I recall Sheehan touted Corey Clement before the draft (he went undrafted) and Cooley back then disagreed with his take.   Clement then had an OK rookie season but overall has had a "meh' career at best.  But that OK rookie season had Cooley backing off of arguing RBs with Sheehan because Sheehan supposedly got that one right.  Race forward to today with Kerryon Johnson. 

My thing its OK to get prospects wrong.  We all do.  No biggie.  Wonder what it will take for Sheehan to back off on Kerryon Johnson?  :ols:

Though again, I like Sheehan but he's got his quirks like we all do. 😀

• Haha 1