Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

Sammie Reyes in concussion protocol and not playing on Friday.  They are paving the way towards the practice squad.  Sit him down now so he has limited preseason film for other teams to watch.

I suggested earlier that we only have 2 QBs on the roster with Allen going to the practice squad.  Many of you will disagree with my guess.  But, if it happens, how would you use that extra spot?  Would it be WR, RB, CB?  I would like to see us pick up a LB that is released during the upcoming cut downs for this extra spot.

10 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

14 second mark looks like he's working out in the yard at Folsom State Penitentiary.

I remember that stint.

That's when he was incarcerated for assaulting a Defensive Tackle.

7 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

You're giving credit to Apke for camp but not credit to Reaves for actual gameplay

That is a very good point.

But oftentimes, jobs are won and lost, in camp alone. Regular season experience is relevant. But so is, 'what have you done for me lately ?'

Remember last year in camp, when Apke beat out Sean Davis ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

That is a very good point.

But oftentimes, jobs are won and lost, in camp alone. Regular season experience is relevant. But so is, 'what have you done for me lately ?'

Agreed. Maybe I've missed that Reaves has been getting beat in camp. Apke's name has come up both good and bad, but I haven't heard much of Reaves name. If his guy is covered and he's not getting targeted, the coaches will see it. If he's cut, we'll know he wasn't performing as well as his 2020 season. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I know right...

I saw it and was like OH ****!!!!

It's like Rowdy Piper from They Live...PartyPosse got those funky glasses.

image.jpeg

I came here to do two things. Chew bubblegum and scout receivers... and i'm all out of bubblegum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

Sammie Reyes in concussion protocol and not playing on Friday.  They are paving the way towards the practice squad.  Sit him down now so he has limited preseason film for other teams to watch.

I suggested earlier that we only have 2 QBs on the roster with Allen going to the practice squad.  Many of you will disagree with my guess.  But, if it happens, how would you use that extra spot?  Would it be WR, RB, CB?  I would like to see us pick up a LB that is released during the upcoming cut downs for this extra spot.

I don’t believe Allen would be eligible for PS plus if we put him on there another team can claim him and somebody probably would. If we don’t keep 3 qbs then IR is the better option. 

1 hour ago, TheDiplomat said:

I guess I'm the only one who sees a striking resemblance between Cosmi and Ioannidis.

And they both have blood roots in the Mediterranean, if I'm not mistaken.

6 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

I don’t believe Allen would be eligible for PS 

I believe he is, since they are carrying over last year's liberal PS qualifications, as far as I know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Schweitzer at RG in the preseason game popped to me.  He's aggressive and a good run blocker.  If he doesn't start, then he'll be the top interior reserve.  But Flowers will have his work cut out for him to beat Schweitzer for the starting LG job.  He could do it though.

Charles is in trouble.  He doesn't have a path to playing time this year.  He doesn't even have a path to being active on game days unless a starter goes down.

Schweitzer should have been put to RG from day one. Sherff should never have been given the franchise Tag worth 18m. Signing Flowers would have saved some Cap Space to spend on a free agent LB. 

LT  Leno 

LG  Flowers 

C.  Roulier 

RG  Schweitzer 

RT  Cosmi 

HTTR 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Schweitzer should have been put to RG from day one. Sherff should never have been given the franchise Tag worth 18m. Signing Flowers would have saved some Cap Space to spend on a free agent LB. 

LT  Leno 

LG  Flowers 

C.  Roulier 

RG  Schweitzer 

RT  Cosmi 

HTTR 

Sure would e nice to add another pick for next years draft with a bunch of great looking QBs in it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Sure would e nice to add another pick for next years draft with a bunch of great looking QBs in it.

I haven't doven in yet in a big way to next years draft but on first blush it feels a bit different than recent drafts at QB.  

Willis, Rattler, Howell, Strong and even Slovis and Corral seem to have their fans.  Deeper than usual but not so top heavy is the early feel. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This reminded me of the preseason game where Keanu Neal gave Jordan Reed that devastating concusssion.

Made me look up for Neal is playing now.

Cowboys. We face him twice a year.

Yeah but let's face it, a My Little Pony could have given Jordan Reed a concussion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here are some key observations from Wednesday's practice.

-- Dax Milne received some extra reps with the starting offense today, and the seventh-round pick was joined today by other rookies in the lineup. There were times when Milne and undrafted free agent Jaret Patterson would line up in the same formation, and that lines up with the praise that Ron Rivera has heaped on both players. Rivera said that Milne is ahead of where a lot of rookies would be at this point, and Patterson has taken advantage of his opportunities. Both players have given themselves an outside shot of making the roster, and if they hope to survive into September, they will need to develop more chemistry with the rest of the starting unit.

-- Ryan Fitzpatrick has not been afraid of taking shots in practice, and Rivera loves it. In fact, the more he does it, Rivera said, the better off the offense will be on gamedays. Rivera and Scott Turner want to utilize their players' strengths, and with Fitzpatrick lined up under center, that includes making downfield passes. Trying them in practice allows Washington's deep threats like Dyami Brown, and eventually Curtis Samuel, to become more acclimated to Fitzpatrick's style. And seeing that Washington wants to be more explosive, the skill players will need all the experience they can get.

...- There were plenty of lessons to be learned for Jamin Davis in his first preseason game. He's played well in practice, but last week's game against the Patriots gave him a chance to get a better feel for the speed of the game. Now that he has an idea of what to expect in a game scenario, he knows how to adjust certain aspects of his game. Based on his own assessments, he could have played more downhill and used better positioning in coverage. And as a linebacker, he could always improve upon knowing his teammates' assignments and making sure they're working together. By fine-tuning those aspects of his game, Davis hopes to give people a better idea of the player he really is.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I haven't doven in yet in a big way to next years draft but on first blush it feels a bit different than recent drafts at QB.  

Willis, Rattler, Howell, Strong and even Slovis and Corral seem to have their fans.  Deeper than usual but not so top heavy is the early feel. 

That should bode well for us, but QB almost always move up after the season. 

35 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Not sure we would have got much in the way of picks, with teams knowing that he will be a free agent in 22 buddy. 

Yeah champ, I'm aware. Early season injuries still happen.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Here are some key observations from Wednesday's practice.

-- Dax Milne received some extra reps with the starting offense today, and the seventh-round pick was joined today by other rookies in the lineup. There were times when Milne and undrafted free agent Jaret Patterson would line up in the same formation, and that lines up with the praise that Ron Rivera has heaped on both players. Rivera said that Milne is ahead of where a lot of rookies would be at this point, and Patterson has taken advantage of his opportunities. Both players have given themselves an outside shot of making the roster, and if they hope to survive into September, they will need to develop more chemistry with the rest of the starting unit.

-- Ryan Fitzpatrick has not been afraid of taking shots in practice, and Rivera loves it. In fact, the more he does it, Rivera said, the better off the offense will be on gamedays. Rivera and Scott Turner want to utilize their players' strengths, and with Fitzpatrick lined up under center, that includes making downfield passes. Trying them in practice allows Washington's deep threats like Dyami Brown, and eventually Curtis Samuel, to become more acclimated to Fitzpatrick's style. And seeing that Washington wants to be more explosive, the skill players will need all the experience they can get.

...- There were plenty of lessons to be learned for Jamin Davis in his first preseason game. He's played well in practice, but last week's game against the Patriots gave him a chance to get a better feel for the speed of the game. Now that he has an idea of what to expect in a game scenario, he knows how to adjust certain aspects of his game. Based on his own assessments, he could have played more downhill and used better positioning in coverage. And as a linebacker, he could always improve upon knowing his teammates' assignments and making sure they're working together. By fine-tuning those aspects of his game, Davis hopes to give people a better idea of the player he really is.

Nice when the talk of Gibson revolves around football and not the toe injury...good sign.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It’s gonna be like the Rosen/Allen draft where there won’t be a sure fire too QB and of the five or so drafted in the first round, 3 are gonna flame out.

Not sure why this random thought just popped into my head but has anyone followed Fitz close enough to know if he's the type of QB that on 3rd and 1 will go to a quick snap calling his own number and burrow for the 1st down? Seems certain QB's have an instinct/experience to know when its there and have a knack for exploiting it. Just thinking about how much Fitz play/experience could elevate this team in a number of different ways.

26 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

It’s gonna be like the Rosen/Allen draft where there won’t be a sure fire too QB and of the five or so drafted in the first round, 3 are gonna flame out.

Could be.  The movie has to play out obviously but at this moment in time yeah it feels a bit like that.   If Justin Fields shows this season than I could see Malik Willis be a big riser.  Teams in recent years with some exceptions have learned to regret passing over the mobile/freakish athlete type QBs.    

in that 2018 draft which you refer to, few had Josh Allen as their top QB, but today clearly he and Lamar are the standout studs from that draft.  Rosen is looking to be a bust and Darnold is one bad season away IMO from being in bust conversation. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

5 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Not sure why this random thought just popped into my head but has anyone followed Fitz close enough to know if he's the type of QB that on 3rd and 1 will go to a quick snap calling his own number and burrow for the 1st down? Seems certain QB's have an instinct/experience to know when its there and have a knack for exploiting it. Just thinking about how much Fitz play/experience could elevate this team in a number of different ways.

Fitz does whatever Fitz goddamn wants to ****in do.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

that 2018 draft which you refer to, few had Josh Allen as their top QB, but today clearly he and Lamar are the standout studs from that draft.  Rosen is looking to be a bust and Darnold is one bad season away IMO from being in bust conversation. 

Even Baker wasn’t a sure fire 1 and the jury is still out on him.

• Haha 6

Cosmi is Romanian.  Ioan is Greek.  It goes, from south - north, greece, bulgaria, romania.  Romanian is actually of Latin origin and uses English letters.  Greek is, well, all Greek to me.  The Cyrillic alphabet (Eastern Slavic countries like russia, bulgaria, the former yugoslavia i think) was created by a Greek (Cyril, oddly), while more western-oriented slavic countries also use the English alphabet, like poland.  So Cosmi the Romanian sensation and Ioannidis the god of sacks might well be descended from the same bunch of folks.

8 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I sure hope he doesn't "Burrow".  Besides, with that nature preserve on his chin?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Cosmi is Romanian.  Ioan is Greek.  It goes, from south - north, greece, bulgaria, romania.  Romanian is actually of Latin origin and uses English letters.  Greek is, well, all Greek to me.  The Cyrillic alphabet (Eastern Slavic countries like russia, bulgaria, the former yugoslavia i think) was created by a Greek (Cyril, oddly), while more western-oriented slavic countries also use the English alphabet, like poland.  So Cosmi the Romanian sensation and Ioannidis the god of sacks might well be descended from the same bunch of folks.

550096-youtube_0.jpg

• Haha 7