Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

32 minutes ago, dyst said:

LOL, yes it makes no sense to not show the actual practice. The media/leagues can sometimes be so dense or out of touch with what fans want, it’s ridiculous. I guess maybe they don’t want teams having film study, but its still stupid.

My best guess is that it's more about hiding players that the coaching staff (in the COVID era) would want to hide on the practice squad.  Especially with an expanded PS.  The WFT seems like it might be pretty deep.  

• Thanks 1

Brown might overtake Sims before the season even starts. I didn't expect that this early and figured it would be something that happened mid-season. He seems to have a really good feel for the game and just knows where the holes are in a defense much like Terry. That slant route was beautiful and looked practically unguardable. 

• Like 4

Good things to come hopefully, that practice had about as much fans as we saw on 2019 game days it seems like lol. It's good to see the team actually try to improve the fan experience, that will go a long way in selling out tickets and getting FedEx roaring on game days. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I feel like Dyami was having a quiet but solid camp...then suddenly yesterday everyone was all "Hush hush...keep it quiet...Dyami is pretty good."  What news have I been missing, cause this welcome surprise seems to have just popped up suddenly.

It is a very similar narrative to Terry’s timeline. Terry had a coming out party on opening day. 

We should be so lucky for a repeat performance.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I feel like Dyami was having a quiet but solid camp...then suddenly yesterday everyone was all "Hush hush...keep it quiet...Dyami is pretty good."  What news have I been missing, cause this welcome surprise seems to have just popped up suddenly.

As far as I know, Dyami has been a stock-going-up guy consistently since OTA's

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This actually looks like really good coverage (commentary not yours, I realize), just a good play by Terry.  Reminds me of that advanced stat from the Fitzy thread...

Edited by Bifflog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I saw most of the Richmond practices.  Dyami looked good but to my eyes didn't really standout in a big way aside from a couple of big catches.  to me he blended in with the other receivers who also looked good but not jaw dropping good.  Terry was jaw dropping good.  But it sounds like Dyami has come on big in recent practices.

I mentioned this after watching camp which is that I have the impression that Dyami will play his share of X when Terry plays slot.    I noticed with him aside from the deep ball -- they threw him a bunch of quick slants, shallow crossers. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Fuller looks like he's getting torched a lot on the outside

Going 1-on-1 with Scary Terry is no easy feat. He'd burn the best of 'em.

At any rate, solo matchups always favor the WR. On game days, you'd expect to have S help over the top to stop the big play.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

Going 1-on-1 with Scary Terry is no easy feat. He'd burn the best of 'em.

At any rate, solo matchups always favor the WR. On game days, you'd expect to have S help over the top to stop the big play.

He got beat pretty bad off the line against Brown. That's cool and all, I like to see our rook WRs killing it, but Fuller is really started to feel overrated to me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

He got beat pretty bad off the line against Brown. That's cool and all, I like to see our rook WRs killing it, but Fuller is really started to feel overrated to me.

We'll see how it goes for him this season. He wasn't a liability at all last year, so I don't see a reason why his performance would drop off a cliff. I'm not too worried.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1